Anyone else seen someone on or taking drugs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: pot addictive? yes and no

Sicy said:

Yeah.. pretty much. I think it also depends on the person too. Some people have more addicting personalities than others. I see it more like an occasional treat rather than something I need cuz I definatly can live without it. By the way not that its anyone's business but I've smoked for about 10 years and I'm not stupid nor do I have a bad memory and all that other garbage they say about people who smoke. :p

And Sula.. lol :up:

hm well what was his name again daa daa daa what was it? ROTFLMAO!!! j/k don't be whacking me with my own stick now! :tongue:

Uhhhh whats his name again ?? What's my name? :drool: :huh:

daurrrrrrr and somebody's been sleeping in my bed !

sbabybear.gif

baker, are you trying to be the Interference poster child for a 'just say no' campaign?

Much as I liked smoking, I'd be the last person to say that it improved my life so dramatically that I cant possibly understand why everyone else isnt doing it...cmon man!

I watched someone coming down from heroin once, which was not pretty. He was shaking violently, sweating, talking to himself...etc. etc. Of course, his preferred way of dealing with it was taking more drugs--some cocktail of tranquilizers and Ritalin, I think. (This was a long time ago.)

On a slight tangent, I will never understand why people pick heroin as a drug to get mixed up in. You hear people telling funny stories, as well as tragic ones, about drinking, smoking pot, what have you. But there doesn't seem to be anything redeeming in heroin use.

Mum and I knew this guy as a 'friend' and apparantly aaaaages ago he mentioned that in order to 'chill' hed spliff...........and mum said she nearly asked him for some as its harmless stuff and she did a bit when she was young................so like..........

..and I know someone else who spliffs........and his breath is so stagnant because of it.........pretty strong stuff then!

Oh Cannabal, to answer u, if u return to read, I woulda been round 19/20.......now now before u say 'Ach but sure u were very young' - they were as young as me, or at least 19 - 25...........even now Id be scared............

even pple seen druggin on the streets scare me..in Belfast, it is very rare but 13 -15 year old girls and boys glue-sniff through a bag......and its so sad.......such a waste...........that they are damaging themselves now.....:( Its crazy..........it hurts to see also.

(actually I wouldnt know, but does glue-sniffin give u the same 'high' as any drug, or a drug?)

I know pple say LA and NYC (ok they seem to be the ones pointed out as the biggest - but dont blame me, I not here to offend fellow Inters) - have the largest amount of pple who sit around glue-sniffin, injectin, and tabbin, and whatever, etc.........

so, while Im a person who would loooove to see those two cities....I know that if walkin round I saw tons of that, Id be dead terrified - I reckon those livin there can handle better what they know and who they are aware off......................I would prob be scared of being attacked............I dunno, I dont want to judge two cities that could be well hyped up from movies..etc.....

its hard to know.......

but sometimes I wish, for the sake of human-being health......this was a drug-free world............

and I reckon 'Say No' Campaigns only work with the handful of kids who stand back and see whats happenin, those who dont say no, are in there, challengin themselves to see what it brings..................and sometimes the result can be disasterous or a tragedy............

:(

(I dont tink I made any sense there! :rolleyes:..)

Last edited:
paxetaurora said:
On a slight tangent, I will never understand why people pick heroin as a drug to get mixed up in. You hear people telling funny stories, as well as tragic ones, about drinking, smoking pot, what have you. But there doesn't seem to be anything redeeming in heroin use.

i don't have experience or anything, but i'm pretty sure it's not something they "pick to get mixed up in." i mean, one thing leads to another...and pretty soon you end up with heroin...that's the real danger in so-called "harmless" drugs...

I have seen a few of my friends smoke pot before, but I have never smoked it because it just doesnt seem that exciting to me. My friends all know that I don't want to smoke so they dont even bother asking me if I want to.

Rather than start a new thread with a question on drugs, Im gonna ask here, though I reckon no-one will come back and answer me.......! :lol:

my question is....why do some pple throw-up after taking drugs, and then take them again? Reason I ask is, one time in England me mate and I were round at her boy's bros house, and there were these two lads in the loo sniffin some shit up their nose, and then throwin up.....then I could hear one say to the other, 'Always brush ur teeth after, the acid erodes'.......obv.....:rolleyes:...but they continued like it was 2nd nature and u coulda sworn they were sober and perfectly fine! I couldnt believe it! Its like they were so used to it, though I think one had more experience than the other.........so like, surely if some pple throw back up, they are throwin all contents of drug back, so like even though what - body may be allergic, they still take, to what - drum it into their systems?

Does anyone know......????? Please????

*hopes someone answers*

:)

bono_man said:
Interesting thread...

..., pot IS addictive though. I know people who are addicted to it and cant get off it. They need it to function properly and get very annoyed and agressive when they dont have any.

I agree. I have a coworker who is the biggest asshole when he's out of weed. Actually, it's kind of sad b/c he works to support his pot habit. He's even stolen from the resturaunt just to buy a bag. I think that qualifies as a problem.

Anyway, I've never touched anything. I guess it's b/c my mother told me all about the drugs she did in the 60's and told me what they did. I've never had the desire to try any sort of drug. Then again, a pack of cigarettes will last me a week. I don't have a addicitve personality. For some reason my former roommate is always threatening to slip some reefer into my cigs.

My mom's totally fine now though. Well, okay she's crazy but that has to do with genetics not drugs. :D

WildHoneyAlways said:
He's even stolen from the resturaunt just to buy a bag. I think that qualifies as a problem.

yeah, that is bad. it just goes to show pot can be as addicting as any other drug. a lot of people (although it seems no one on this forum seems to think this) think that pot is unaddictive. but it is, and i've seen it enough with my own two eyes to believe anything different.

Poppin' the Devil's pills will send you straight to Hell, boy...
I may not be a toker, but I always know what's goin' on.

--Widespread Panic

KhanadaRhodes said:
a lot of people (although it seems no one on this forum seems to think this) think that pot is unaddictive. but it is, and i've seen it enough with my own two eyes to believe anything different.

i once dated a guy who was convinced that pot wasn't addictive...i hated it that he smoked it so much...before we started "going out" i told him not to, and he stopped....he didn't smoke it for months after i left either......anyway......i think it's very bad.......if not alone then also as a bridge to other drugs.......

fortunately for me (or not :(), things weren't serious...it'd be tough to have someone you love mess up their life like that......

Back
Top Bottom