Anybody seen Control Room?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clifedge

War Child
Hey has anybody here seen the documentary "Control Room"? It's really an eye-opening look at Al-Jazeera. It really changed my perspective on media and the war in Iraq. You should try to get a hold of a copy.

MaxFisher said:
Great film!

In what way did it change your view on media and the war?

It's hard to say. When the war first started, I was completely in favor of it. I thought Americans were just too quick to forget 9/11. Over the last year though, I've realized that blind patriotism is not a good position to hold, and I've tried to understand the conflict and America in general from a global perspective. Seeing the film helped with that perspective, and sort of confirmed for me that America gets a lot of things wrong, and that I shouldn't support America when it does. I guess I was kind of naive before... :nerd: Does that make sense?

I saw it when it opened at the same film festival that was showing Fahrenheit 9/11. It was good to see that the audiences were packing the cinemas for both. It's interesting how demonized Al Jazeera is in America, while I get it on my tv everyday; in fact the network has plans to build another centre in Kuala Lumpur.

Unlike Fahrenheit 9/11, I didn't get the feeling of being "played" when watching Control Room, something I appreciate when it comes to documentaries.

Other people have recommended "Control" (doco about Fox) to me but I haven't seen it. Whatever I've seen on the Fox news channel disgusts me.

foray

foray said:

Other people have recommended "Control" (doco about Fox) to me but I haven't seen it. Whatever I've seen on the Fox news channel disgusts me.

foray

You mean "Outfoxed"?

Back
Top Bottom