Any other Democrats sick of the Bush-bashing? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2005, 11:26 PM   #16
War Child

Local Time: 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by all_i_want
bush will be remembered as the worst president who occupied the white house.
isn't a little early too make that claim, lets see how the new democracies that are forming in the middle east turn out before you say that bush was worse than buchanan, johnson, pierce, hoover, nixon, and harding.

Old 04-19-2005, 11:27 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

You'll always have "nutty Democrats" just like there are "nutty Republicans."

It's time for the reasonable ones on both sides to start being more vocal! I think we'd have a better country, as a result.

Melon

Old 04-20-2005, 02:23 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:17 PM
President bashing is sport. We had 8 years of Clinton bashing (and a lot of it was hilarious; he was such a friggin' easy target),
now we get 8 years of Bush bashing. I've got a "W stands for Wrong" magnet on my car; the van that parks next to me at work has a "W stands for women." sticker. We both laugh over it. As long as it is not too virulent, it's healthy.

I don't hate Bush, although his actions scare me sometimes.
I don't think he is evil. I also do not think he is too bright. I think he is passionate and loyal and I think he wants what he believes is best for America--it's what he believes is best I take issue with. I believe his religious beliefs are sincere, but shallow. I think he is stubborn and once he gets in a mindset, he is immovable--thinking that if he just keeps beating the same drum, it will prove it is the right rhythm. I think he gets stuck in phrases and cannot get beyond them. (PS, needs new speechwriters). He is symbolism over substance,
the grand gesture over the responsible act, action without full consideration of consequences, favors choreographed support over meaningful dialogue, and I believe he is a man who cannot tolerate being questioned or challenged.

In short, he speaks loudly and carries a little stick.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:07 AM   #19
Anu
Editor

Location: There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you carry me back to Tennessee
Local Time: 08:17 PM
What's disturbing to me is that it is so easy to reduce problems that are essentially all of our problems to the faults of one man.
Bush is a terrible president, but a "good president" is actually an oxmoron.
America is an empire and if we take the long view from the slaughter of Native Americans through Hiroshima, Vietnam, and Iraq, the collective crimes of Americans far exceed those of Saddam Hussein. If we actually listened to what the rest of the world was saying and paid attention to the facts as well as the emotion and ideology, we'd see that the Iraq War was illegal and immoral and based on pure assertion.
Some people think that it was worth killng all those people to impose "democracy." I don't.
love and peace or else,
Anu
Old 04-20-2005, 04:35 AM   #20
The Fly

Local Time: 09:17 PM
Bush is not Hitler because Hitler attacked coutries out of the blue, and Bush lets us know!
Old 04-20-2005, 04:36 AM   #21
The Fly

Local Time: 09:17 PM
But he is a motherfucker!
Old 04-20-2005, 05:41 AM   #22
War Child

I'm sick of people who say the same thing over and over and have no evidence to back up the same claim again and again. I'm sick of Democrats who are so close minded that I'm worried if I say, 'Well, you know...' they'll come at me with crowbars, foaming at the mouth, howling, Republican! Republican! I'm sick of people who won't be reasonable when arguing.
Quote:
Originally posted by melon
You'll always have "nutty Democrats" just like there are "nutty Republicans."

It's time for the reasonable ones on both sides to start being more vocal! I think we'd have a better country, as a result.
Highly agree.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:08 AM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

I just wish we had a moderate instead of an extremist in the White House. All of these extremists, on both sides, are driving me up a wall.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:03 AM   #24
Blue Crack Supplier

i dont' think blatant Bush-bashing does any good, neither now nor before the election.

but it's still fun, so i plan to continue.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:40 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by BonosSaint

I don't think he is evil. I also do not think he is too bright. I think he is passionate and loyal and I think he wants what he believes is best for America--it's what he believes is best I take issue with. I believe his religious beliefs are sincere, but shallow. I think he is stubborn and once he gets in a mindset, he is immovable--thinking that if he just keeps beating the same drum, it will prove it is the right rhythm. I think he gets stuck in phrases and cannot get beyond them. (PS, needs new speechwriters). He is symbolism over substance,
the grand gesture over the responsible act, action without full consideration of consequences, favors choreographed support over meaningful dialogue, and I believe he is a man who cannot tolerate being questioned or challenged.

I agree! And yeah, President bashing is fun, and I make fun of Dubya and Daddy Shrub at every chance. That's not really what I meant to say I hate (so maybe Bush-bashing wasn't the right word.)

And I didn't mean to make it sound like my whole big problem was just with the Hitler comparisons. That's just a random thing some people like to mutter when they have nothing else to say fact-wise. It's just the whole demonizing of him and the Iraq war in particular that gets old. People make it sound like the Iraqis were all coexisting peacefully and prospering, when all of the sudden we stormed in there shooting women and children for fun, attempting to wipe out their entire race, and worst of all: force-feeding them McDonalds. Our gov't obviously didn't go in there cos we care about freedom or democracy or anything silly like that! OIL (Operation Iraqi Liberation) wasn't out of the goodness of our hearts. But that doesn't change the fact that a true mass murderer's gonna get the chair (or the guillatine probably, lol) and something resembling free & fair elections took place.

and for God's sake, Bush didn't slaughter the Native Americans or bomb Hiroshima. and how the hell is this war more immoral than what was going on with Saddam, sanctions, Oil for Food, etc???
Old 04-20-2005, 01:50 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BassTrap82
But he is a motherfucker!
Old 04-20-2005, 02:18 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Comparing Bush to Hitler is counterproductive.

What Bush's opponents need to focus on is the issues, winning legislative seats at mid-terms and on getting a non-Republican in the White House in 08. Harness your anger, your frustration and do something productive.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:28 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

i bash bush all the time but i don't compare him to hitler or saddam. there are degrees when it comes to bad leaders.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:45 PM   #29
New Yorker

He is evil all on his own. Every issue that he tries and sometimes succeeds is for a few wealthy + 1% of Americans
Old 04-20-2005, 02:47 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonosSaint

What BonosSaint said . Also, personally, even though he's president, I don't think Bush is even the one in charge in this administration-I think he's just going with what everyone around him, people like Cheney and Rumsfeld and them, wants him to do/say. And those people scare me more than Bush.

Also, I've never compared Bush to Hitler, and I don't intend to start now. That's a tad on the extreme side.

Angela