any of you remember lisa martens?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
she was interviewed frequently on all the major canadian broadcasting networks during the iraq conflict.

she was in iraq during the bombing, and spoke in my town today.

http://www.prairienet.org/cpt/

shes really nice, down to earth and has actually got me interested in this.

ofcourse i know this isnt in the cards any time soon, but its something id certainly endorse to anyone.

what do you think?

i forgot to mention that she is the last person i get to interview for my job, as my last day is tommorow. a really interesting way to leave, a fun story to write indeed.

i've heard of this organization before.

quite popular amongst southwest minnesotans actually.

maybe someone can educate me here, because in all of my studies (few compared to some at the board) i cannot figure out why we are still allied with israel. we can't be friends with china cos of their human rights abuses, but we can be friends with israel despite:

We have witnessed in the same period here in Hebron the daily struggles of children trying to get to their schools in the face of interference by Israeli soldiers and their tanks, including, even frequently and most horribly, tear gas, rubber bullets and percussion grenades.

what's the point of continuous fighting anyway. i think it was anitram who recently posted that you can kill a man but you can't kill an idea. why not focus on peace keeping and compromises instead of killing people?

can't they learn from places like ireland who had this type of fighting for so long and is now at a compromise? (there's still sentiment and isolated incidents, but nothing as severe)

really though, why are we still allied with israel?

funny, the jews have been persecuted like no other race in the history of civilization, and yet this is how they work.

ofcourse, suicide bombers arent exactly noble either.

if i took all people who had a declared religion in my town and had to guess at percentages of how many would be Christian and how many would be Jewish....i'd say it'd be 50/50.

i know about this conflict from people who moved here from israel. they really believe their government has done nothing wrong, that their actions are nothing compared to what palestine has been doing, and that palestine didn't have the right to initiate action in the first place because it never really was THEIR land, it always belonged to the Jews.

i understand it is Jewish holy land, but i thought it was to other religions too.

i don't know that i agree with the way israel was created after wwii. that's like making ontario into a different country right now and expect that all present ontarians will either be fine or leave.

but all the fault truly doesn't lie with the israelites, the palestinians haven't acted like saints either.

they need to just forgive one anothers' trespasses and begin compromising on a blank slate.

Back
Top Bottom