Any Libertarians Here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A_Wanderer said:
And I agree, it can never deliver public education, healthcare, sanitation, basic research, safety in public or at home; all the elements of a civil society.

You realize that this takes you out of the hard-core libertarian group right? Real libertarians think that every single one of these things can and should be completely private.

If they still believed the same would they just spend one day in a country where a dictator just was overthrown and a vacuum of power remained?

I don't think so.

martha said:

You realize that this takes you out of the hard-core libertarian group right? Real libertarians think that every single one of these things can and should be completely private.
define: minarchism.

I don't have a clue, nor do I care. I do know that when my parents fancied themselves to be libertarian, the party literature had all this crap about how privatizing the things you mentioned would be the saving grace of the US. For all I know, some of them still buy that.

martha said:

Nope. The Boy Scouts are a private organization, and therefore can keep out whomever they want.
The Boy Scouts recieve public money - that makes them a public organisation - because of this they are not allowed to disciminate on the basis of religious belief, sexual orientation, disabilities or race since all citizens are entitled equal treatment by the government and organisations that recieve government subsidies.

The scouts should be stripped of all public funding for their persecution; it's wrong that public funds recieved from gays, atheists, wiccans and tolerant people against their wishes should be used by an organisation that violates the principles of the public organisation.

martha said:

Real Christians actually bother to read their bibles and understand the Muslims and Jews will go to hell and will oppose abortion because it's murder.

There is a lot of diversity in libertarian thought on a lot of issues; claiming that only those who hold a certain viewpoint to the most extreme are real libertarians is flawed (much like the easy strawmen to be knocked down such as the hardcore authoritarian communists that obviously represent all socialsts).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom