"antiwar activist" Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
http://www.u2world.com/news/article.php3?id_article=19668

RWeb : SINGER-ACTIVIST BONO'S WEBSITE DELETES ANTIWAR VIDEO

Source : PRWeb

Antiwar activist Bono is among judges at Triggerstreet.com which Friday (21 March) deleted antiwar video "Confirmed Kill" by filmmaker Robert David Graham, author of www.militarysecret.com.

SINGER-ACTIVIST BONO'S WEBSITE DELETES ANTIWAR VIDEO

Friday (21 March) Internet short film festival website Triggerstreet.com deleted antiwar short film "Confirmed Kill" on the basis it contained CNN news. Antiwar activist Bono is among celebrity judges whose names attract filmmakers to the site.

"Confirmed Kill" producer Robert David Graham appeared on TV in Europe on RTL and the USA on Inside Edition with Navy hazing videos in 1997. Graham was a US Navy Petty Officer in the 1991 Gulf War onboard USS Ranger.

Graham was assigned to Fighter Squadron One (VF-1), a legendary squadron known as "The World Famous Fighting Wolfpack" stationed at Naval Air Station Miramar as adversary squadron for the Navy's Top Gun school.

On 18 January 1991 onboard USS Ranger Graham recorded Commander Ronald McElraft returning from a Gulf War sortie. In the video McElraft admits flying below the authorized flight level -- violating the Order Of Battle which according to Graham officers on his source video confirm was 10,000 feet.

The CO, a Radar Intercept Officer in the back seat, admits that his F-14A pilot LT Steven "Elvis" Broce dove to "three or four thousand feet" in the shoot-down of an Iraqi helicopter "about 60 feet off the ground." Officers remind the CO of the flight ceiling and he changes his story, causing raucous laughter.

For the Triggerstreet festival, Graham juxtaposed his 1991 video with CNN news of the 1997 tragedy where Navy pilots buzzing Italian Alps cut a ski gondola cable killing 21 European tourists. Pentagon spokesman Ken Bacon appeared on CNN to assure victims' loved ones, "because of a new flight ceiling planes do not fly below 2000 feet."

A reviewer reported "Confirmed Kill" to the Tiggerstreet.com "Hall Of Justice" who decided to delete it beause any use of copyrighted material is a violation of festival rules.

Graham claimed that without news there was no story. His work comments, criticizes and educates on political appeasement following military mishap.

US Copyright Code allows Fair Use for comment, criticism and education, and for non-profit uses causing no financial harm to copyright value.

Graham cites as precedent California courts allowing Court TV to use the Reginald Denny video to promote its coverage of the trial of one of those accused of beating Denny.

------------------------------------------

interesting the use of this term...

and what of the site, this is Bono's website??

that's what it seems like... I wasnt sure what to make of it, is the label "antiwar activist" supposed to diminish Bono's credibility here? I guess what I'm getting at is that I think this is very poor news reporting

That makes no sense. It doesn't say anything. Someone is just throwing his name around with no rhyme or reason. I guess that happens to big shots in general. It doesn't make it fair. It's not.

they're grasping at straws.

bono, a noted 'activist' is apparently a judge of the films, which deleted a video with apparently 'activist' leanings. attempting to create controversy where it doesn't exist.

Back
Top Bottom