Anti-Choice Neocon Chauvanist Agenda Attacks Women's Rights With Anti-Discrimination

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macfistowannabe

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
http://www.free-press-release.com/news/200503/1110203842.html

Summary:

The Pro-life Alliance of Gays and Lesbians (PLAGAL) applauds State Rep. Brian Duprey of Maine for his introduction of a bill that will prohibit abortion on unborn children who are gay.

For_Immediate_Release:

“We recognize that at this time the gay gene has not been isolated, but with all the advances of genetics we believe that it may just be a matter of time” says Jackie Malone, Executive Vice President of PLAGAL.

PLAGAL maintains that if the theory of a gay gene is proven and isolated,
then the day will not be far off when a test for the predisposition of
homosexuality will be developed. Once medical science achieves that ability, it will be possible to do by a legal, surgical procedure what all homophobes and gay bashers throughout history have tried and failed to do -- to eliminate gays and lesbians once and for all.

“Abortion tries to get rid of real human beings who are threatening or undesirable. All the unborn should be respected just because they are human” states Cecilia Brown, President of PLAGAL. She adds “Children are routinely aborted now because of gender or disability, it is not inconceivable to see people aborting because of a possible gay gene.”

State Rep. Brian Duprey has an excellent record of supporting legislation that protects the unborn. PLAGAL is glad to see that he will continue the fight for the unborn even in the case of sexual orientation. PLAGAL would like to point out that “gay rights” has nothing to do with so–called “abortion rights”. PLAGAL doesn't base the value of human beings on the results of a genetic test. Such tests do not define or undermine each individual's humanity. Gay, straight, male, female, or physically challenged -- all are human beings that deserve every chance for life

###

The Pro-Life Alliance of Gays and Lesbians (PLAGAL) was organized in 1990 to advance the pro-life message within the lesbian and gay community. PLAGAL is a 501(c) (3) Massachusetts-based corporation with nation-wide membership and active groups in several major cities in the United States.

What's your take on this?

Let's stick to the story, folks.

Well I don't think there is a gay gene to begin with, i think that it has more to do with fetal exposure to hormones, but that's just my guess, I'm not a scientist :wink:

As for this law, it's stupid. You either have to say that abortion is legal, or that abortion is illegal. You can't say that abortion can only be illegal if you don't like the mothers reason for wanting one.

How is this Genius?

The only people who would advocate aborting fetuses because they are gay would be people who hate the sin.

If they are truly ‘pro human rights for gays’ let them advocate FOR Gay marriage, or at least Civil Unions and include sexual orientation in hate crime legislation.

Genius? no

haters? most likely.

can we say SCUMBAG?

Duprey received the idea for this bill when listening to the Rush Limbaugh radio show. �I heard Rush saying that the day the �gay gene� is determined to be real, that overnight gays would become pro-life,� Duprey said.

�Most people would agree that to kill someone just because that person might be gay would constitute a hate crime,� said Duprey. �I have heard from women who told me that if they found out that they were carrying a child with the gay gene, then they would abort. I think this is wrong. Those unborn children should be protected.�

Rep. Duprey is serving in his third term representing the towns of Hampden, Newburgh and Dixmont. He is the lead Republican on the Labor Committee.

what is the TRUE agenda of this DITTOHEAD

We can look at this two ways.

One, a cheap attempt to divide democrats by lining up two platforms against each other.

Two, an interesting philosophical question that will result in thoughtful discussion.

I don't know what too much fuss is about here. First off, abortion rights and gay rights are two separate issues, as evidenced by the existence of a pro-life gay group.

While I think it's downright repugnant that people would abort a child based on a harmless physical characteristic, I wonder how many of the "pro-life conservatives" would abort a child that had a gay gene?

Regardless, whether this is well-intentioned or a cheap political trick, I do think that if this was made a law, it would be difficult to pass constitutional muster, mainly because I'm unaware of any previous laws that restrict abortions based on ethical dilemmas.

And, outside of politics, it is a decent question: if women were aborting gay fetuses, would that make gays more anti-abortion? Regardless, the GOP seems to do a good job of trying to protect fetuses and then royally fucking them over once they're born.

Melon

deep said:
How is this Genius?

The only people who would advocate aborting fetuses because they are gay would be people who hate the sin.

If they are truly ‘pro human rights for gays’ let them advocate FOR Gay marriage, or at least Civil Unions and include sexual orientation in hate crime legislation.

Genius? no

haters? most likely.
You have yet to present a case.

diamond said:
this has to b a joke:wink:

db9
Not a joke, O'Reilly actually had State Rep. Brian Duprey on his show last week. I know, O'Reilly is evil, blah blah blah, but still, it was interesting nonetheless.

Of course the thread title itself was nothing short of sarcasm. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom