Another sad story about a circus elephant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sheltie

The Fly
Another elephant has killed a circus worker. Although I am sorry for the death, I feel even worse for the thousands of elephants who are forced to perform in these shows. Research shows these highly intelligent creatures are also often abused by the trainers. PLEASE!! BOYCOTT ANY CIRCUS WHICH USES ANIMALS!!!
Here is the link if you would like read it. It is in general news section.
earthlink.net/channel/NEWS

Have you by chance heard of Jumbo? He was a circus elephant killed in St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada by a steam engine in 1885. There's a statue of him along the side of one of the major roads in St. Thomas.

http://www.celebritymorgue.com/jumbo/

Jon

nbcrusader said:
Ban all animals from entertainment productions (circuses)?

I would think domesticated animals, like dogs and horses, would be okay to use. But wild animals are just that -- wild. And they should be allowed to remain so, not forced to do silly tricks to amuse people.

I vowed to never again set foot near a circus that uses animals after I saw a caged tiger being beaten with a broom handle because its trainer wanted it to "shut the fuck up"

:|

I don't agree with the use of any animals in circus productions, yet alone an Elephant. I'm much more of a Cirque Du Soleil person.

Bono's American Wife said:
I vowed to never again set foot near a circus that uses animals after I saw a caged tiger being beaten with a broom handle because its trainer wanted it to "shut the fuck up"

:mad: Some people have no business whatsoever being around animals. And should the animal defend itself, you know it'll be put to death. :rant:

Back
Top Bottom