Another reason for me to fucking hate republicans.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um... you haven't been to church in 4 years? Mybe the the only reason isn't because he's a democrat. Alot of times the views of a democrat aren't necissarily the views the majority of christians hold. I don't think they dislike him in the church simply because he's a democrat, but because his views gratly differ from theirs. Of course they wouldn't want a pastor and a church that were completely divided.

Either way, it's stupid of them to treat him like that. If they have a problem they need to just confront him about it.

Last edited:
U2democrat said:

Where did you get that idea? I go to church every sunday and have all my life. I miss maybe 1 sunday every 3 months or so.

Sorry bout that. You said "we haven't even been at this church for 4 years" and I thought you meant your dad is the pastor but your family never even goes. LOL.

shart1780 said:

Sorry bout that. You said "we haven't even been at this church for 4 years" and I thought you meant your dad is the pastor but your family never even goes. LOL.

Easy mistake to make :)

When I liven in KY (my dad wasn't the minister at the church there) the pastor's family used to come quite often the first few years. I became best frinds with his son who was my age. then the family just stopped going. they still don't go. they don't do anything church related, so the members of the congregation never see the minister's family! very odd.

Flying FuManchu said:
I can see where stonewall is coming from... to a degree... but stonewall, any contrary comment is bound to incite... c'est la vie

I think we know what he or she was trying to say, but the way in which she or he said it was uncalled for. To say the least.

U2democrat was venting because she feels she can do that here, and maybe the thread should have been moved to ZC, but I was still on my break when it was made, so here it is and there's not much point in moving it now.

So let's move on.

'Kay? :|

U2dem what Church does your dad preach at? If you don't want to post it's okay but I was just wondering since I know so many churches in your city.

i don't want to say over the internet sorry...nothing personal :reject: it's on grove avenue though :shrug: (not that it really narrows things down since there are like 20 churches on grove)

Temper

Paxetaurora said:
Stonewall, please.... there was no need for that.

You're welcome to post in FYM, but please try to keep your temper in check....

No need for what? What temper? Since my comments were in 3 parts, I really have no idea whether U are wrongly referring to part 1, 2 or 3. It couldn't possibly be all three. In any event, nothing I stated was in a "temper" state. I don't know why U would think that? That's not me.

The real actual offender was U-2 Dem with all of the F**K U's! That is what was/is uncalled for. Let's not call one of the victims of the rantin' and ravin' as the perpetrator.

Moreover, I would never use my father's possible employment and/or financial problems as the 'headliner subject' on an internet board. I doubt any of U would either; however, U-2 Dem chose to, knowing it would generate replies to her vitriol.

P.S. Pax, "Stonewall" as in "Jackson" or "Rebellion" is a he, to solve your implied question on other posts of yours referring to me as "a he or a she".

Visit: www.STONEWALLvets.org. I am one of the SW-Vetz!

Newz: U-2 are confirmed to be on "SNL" on Sat., Nov. 20, 2004.

Well it did seem to be some very particular Republicans, really the title should have been fucking hate those republicans, I throw my hat on side with U2Democrat and reiterate my opinion that such people are utter wankers.

Actually, Australian Wanderer, your hat landed on my side of the fence. What U wrote is exactly one of my points. U-2 Dem, granted un-ladylike language, should not have spewed forth her hate toward ALL Republicans when, in fact, she was over-reacting and referring to a small few in a very local, personal situation. U-2 Dem in other posts totally contrdicts herself naming Republicans that she admires!?

All political pundits -- on both sides of the aisle and in the middle -- agree with one post-election observation fact that such expressive hatred and verbal diarrhea as U-2 Dem's is what helped sink the Kerry/Edwards ship! They dialogue was toomuch characterized and motivated by hate. It's not like they even liked -- much less loved -- Kerry as it was their visceral hatred of President Bush. :sad:

Last edited:
Well when dealing with U2Democrat I think that you can rest assured that she loved that ticket; the language seems to have calmed down since the post was made, no harm no foul I say, maybe I will just throw my belt into your side for good measure - Im getting stretched across this invisible belt-hat line here.

You should have seen the hatred in the post-election thread, whoooo that was some big time venting by some - and then U2Democrat kept cool so I still say she's allright.

Stonewall, you can't expect someone to be "ladylike" when some annoying, petty, immature people are screwing around with your life like that. Quite frankly, if that happened to me, I'd have a fit myself, and yes, I would post irate notes on the Internet. My father is a retired internist, and maybe I shouldn't say this in public, but he had a whole bunch of office politics when he was at the University here. It was very annoying. It was a bunch of silly ego trips. I missed the post-election threads because I was out of town. It doesn't look like I really missed anything worthwhile.

U2democrat said:
i don't want to say over the internet sorry...nothing personal :reject: it's on grove avenue though :shrug: (not that it really narrows things down since there are like 20 churches on grove)

That's what I was thinking, that it must be the big one, the one that's on TV? Well you don't have to say, I don't blame you, I wouldn't do it either.

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread, since U2dem seems to have worked out her issues for the most part and that was the whole point.

I'll remind everyone that we should probably try to keep our FYM language a little more tactful. But also, I saw little point in coming in and "yelling" at people several days after the real "yelling" already happened, as I was consciously not moderating for a few days and most people here knew that.

From now on, I will ask that any "venting" threads--even those of a political/religious nature--be started in Zoo Confessionals to help keep the temperature in FYM cool.

Hope that makes everyone happy. HA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom