Another reason for me to fucking hate republicans. - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2004, 03:08 PM   #31
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:38 PM
sorry about that U2democrat

I hope things will work out, with the Lord's help.

Old 11-09-2004, 03:43 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:38 PM
oh yeah another thing is that they would take away his health insurance. that's kind and loving isn't it?

Old 11-09-2004, 03:58 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

U2democrat,

A couple questions, because I'm genuinely curious:

Who knows about the new budget proposal, besides this handful of weasels? And who votes on the proposal -- a handful of deacons/leaders, or the entire congregation?
Old 11-09-2004, 03:59 PM   #34
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
oh yeah another thing is that they would take away his health insurance. that's kind and loving isn't it?
You're reading it correctly -- they want him out. And they don't want to have to fire him. Does this take effect right away, or does he has a bit of time to check into other jobs?

I would think with your dad's track record of cleaning up this church and building it he would be in demand if he has a bit of time to get his name out there.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:06 PM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer
U2democrat,

A couple questions, because I'm genuinely curious:

Who knows about the new budget proposal, besides this handful of weasels? And who votes on the proposal -- a handful of deacons/leaders, or the entire congregation?
The entire congregation votes on it and it will most likely be shot down, but then it'll go back to the "weasels", who will probably make a lesser cut, but still it's a cut. (They even cut his salary by $12,000 last year). The point is, as Indra said, they want my dad out, and he doesn't need to deal with this crap any longer.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:14 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Okay, but why should your dad be the one to back down, especially since he's been so instrumental in the growth of the church? Or at the very least, why doesn't he stick around long enough for the "weasels" to expose themselves?

Eh, who am I to be dispensing advice about church politics. I trust your dad is seeking the Lord's will in this matter.

God bless.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:17 PM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

These people have been after him since he started. They have made his life hell for the last almost 4 years and he just doesn't want to deal with them anymore. There's really nothing the congregation can do about these people. It's unfortunate but this is what it's come down to.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:28 PM   #38
Refugee

I'm so sorry to hear about this U2democrat. This division in America is really disturbing me.

How many members are in the congregation?
Old 11-09-2004, 04:34 PM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

members....alot.

people who actually attend on sundays, about 120.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:37 PM   #40
New Yorker

I remember being at my Catholic church when the priest was "moved" to another parish after allowing a group of gay Catholic students to start meeting together -- I think the group was called Rainbow and found for social justice for gays and lesbians -- and had a petition for people to sign to put pressure on the diocese to start pushing women as priests and priests to marry. He was stirring the pot too much in a college student setting so they moved him to a place where he was less dangerous.

hang in there dear, I have a feeling when people in the church find out about this, they will not be happy about him being forced out if he has done so much good for this church.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:49 PM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

ok another variable thrown into the mix...............

one of the people fighting for my dad is trying to push people to a) vote down this proposed budget b) have the church pay for my tuition if we stay.

however, if people are so unsatisfied with my dad's pay its highly unlikely they'll let my tuition be paid for.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:53 PM   #42
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:38 AM
This sounds like an utterly baseless vendetta by a gang of wankers, my thoughts are with you.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:56 PM   #43
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
ok another variable thrown into the mix...............

one of the people fighting for my dad is trying to push people to a) vote down this proposed budget b) have the church pay for my tuition if we stay.

however, if people are so unsatisfied with my dad's pay its highly unlikely they'll let my tuition be paid for.
Perhaps the supporter is using your tuition as a bargining chip -- one side can say "well at least we didn't pay for that brat's tuition!" and the other side gets to say "yeah, well at least the preacher gets to keep his salary and health insurance." A bit of a something each side can crow about.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:57 PM   #44
Blue Crack Addict

hahaha thanks A_wanderer.

yet another variable.

my parents just informed me that the tuition would be coming from the "foundation". the people who would decide on this are mostly on my side, but there are 2 of the "weasels" on that board.

my dad said it's all about the tone of people. he said if many affirm him, we might stay. if people are quiet, we'll leave (if we do get the tuition thing and the cuts are stopped). so now i don't know what the heck to think.
Old 11-09-2004, 05:12 PM   #45
War Child

U2democrat, I am so sorry to hear this. It sounds freaking awful. You seem like a great kid from your posts in this forum, and you deserve the best chances in life with college, and everything. Please give my best wishes to your dad. I hope this works out. I bet his next opportunity will be twice as fruitful as this one was. Sometimes it takes longer than you'd think, but the givers of the world usually get all the good they deserve in the long run.

Good luck.

"My feeling is that it is cool for people to share our music -- as long as no one is making money from the process. We tell people who come to our concerts that they can tape the shows if they want. I think it is cool that people are so passionate about our music" -- Bono
The continuous search for purpose...