Another Head for Allah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A Saudi Muslim had taken responsibility for Johnson's safety, according to a report. The report claimed that this guy told them that he'd given Johnson a Koran and his promise that he wouldn't be hurt, and if he were hurt it'd be a stain on his honor. I just saw the beheading story on CNN Breaking News. It looks like they've done it. The barbarians. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

"Heaven on Earth
We need it now..."

Peace on Earth seems an appropriate song for these turbulent times. In reading the articles surrounding this event, it's hard for me to fathom why anyone would commit such barbaric acts to justify their worldview. But I guess once our cultural cognition has been ingrained, we not only view our behavior--for better or worse--as normal, but we believe it to be natural as well. Or as Bono put it best:

"They say that what you mock
Will surely overtake you
And you become a monster
So the monster will not break you..."

My prayers are with the families on both sides of this tragedy--The Johnsons for losing a loving husband, father and friend, and also with the perpetrators, whose blind adherence to hatred allowed them to lose their humanity and permitted them to commit this atrocious act.

That's terrible. I have the unfortunate feeling that this is going to get worse before it gets better. :(

What an utterly senseless and tragic loss of life this is. Totally inexcusable.

I'm wondering when the American public will stand up and see Saudi Arabia exactly for what it is - a corrupt land lead by corrupt leaders who have supported Wahabi Islam since the 18th century and continue to do so today. 15 of 19 hijackers were Saudi, and the majority of people in Guantanamo are apparently Saudi.

This is a wonderful example of how Western greed and need for corporate contracts is an excuse to tolerate state sponsored terrorism. As long as you're making money, who gives a shit? Saudi is not an ally and neither is Pakistan, but we will look the other way. How long and how many more Paul Johnsons? What will it take - a CEO to be chopped into pieces before something is done?

I jsut read this story this evening, it makes me sick reading stories like this one. It reminded me of the other American who was beheaded in Iraq in May, Nick Berg I think. Their poor families. I wonder how they can cope. Those poor innocent people suffered for nothing, it's horrendous. :(

Sadly, I knew he was going to be excuted. The terrorists don't care about pleas from family members. :sad: :madspit: :mad:
I saw the pictures on a "gore" site. I refuse to watch the video.

reading that story U2kitten posted about the pics the group showed on their site make me feel sick, I couldn't bare to look at them. :tsk: Poor man. :(

Lara Mullen said:
reading that story U2kitten posted about the pics the group showed on their site make me feel sick, I couldn't bare to look at them. :tsk: Poor man. :(

Yes! :( Curiosity got the better of me, and I went to that site and
saw them on the bottom. I wish I hadn't.

These terrorists must be extermely stupid. They execute another American thinking, I guess, it's supposed to scare
us off. It's make us more pissed off, not afraid. ( imo)
I do feel those contractors should get out of Iraq now
for their own safety. No matter how good the security is,
it only takes seconds to abduct somebody.

:mad:

Klaus said:
RockNRollDawgie:

Maybe they aren't that stupid, they know that they need a hardliner in the US whom want revenge so they can claim "we - the arab people are under attack" and therfore get more solidarity in the arab world.

Wow! Very good point.
Could be they're just playing Bush, knowing he'll react.

The Saudis killed the person responsible just hours after the beheading.

I wonder if they will establish a commission to investigate their own security failings.....

nbcrusader said:
The Saudis killed the person responsible just hours after the beheading.

I wonder if they will establish a commission to investigate their own security failings.....

Haha, good one.

Killing the person responsible so shortly after the beheading ensures that the high ups in their "government" are protected. Don't let them pee on your leg and tell you it's raining.

Saudi = most corrupt government in the Middle East. Time for us to wake up to reality.

I feel terrible for the family, because even if they had mentally prepared themselves for this, even a sliver of hope is still hope. What an awful situation it is to be in.

they said that the site reporting the death of the person responsible has said the same thing before and it of course was false.

I think they just said that the responsible party was killed to avoid the heat from America.

On a side note: The title of this thread bothers me a bit. I liken it to having a thread called "Kill for Jesus" The people who did this act obviously do not follow any religous or moral code. They may think they do but they don't. I am concerned that such thread titles may imply that everybody who is a Muslim believes such acts are justified and I am certain that is not the case. Just my 2 cents.

LoveTown said:
The title of this thread bothers me a bit. I liken it to having a thread called "Kill for Jesus" The people who did this act obviously do not follow any religous or moral code. They may think they do but they don't. I am concerned that such thread titles may imply that everybody who is a Muslim believes such acts are justified and I am certain that is not the case. Just my 2 cents.

I agree. I know the intention probably wasn't to imply that all Muslims support this. However I think many posters would be outraged if someone started a thread with a similar title referring to Christianity rather than Islam, so I think we should apply the same standard to this thread.

I hate those fucking terrorists.

Rest in Peace Mr. Johnson.

Oh yeah the thread title should be changed.

I don't see anything wrong with what NBC called this thread. After all, when these monsters cut the heads off of these innnocent victims, they do yell "Allah akbar!" and then when they hold the head up, they give a speech about the Muslim man and things done in the name of Islam. Now of course this isn't in the Koran, and not all Islamic people approve and many are probably disgusted and embarrassed. But, by the terrorists' own declaration, the heads were 'for Allah' even if he didn't want them.

However, as I have mentioned several times before here, it seems like every BAD thing done in the name of Islam by Muslims is always whitewashed and dragged off the subject with the tired old 'oh but they're not all that don't blame them all!' comments. It seems like once that is mentioned, everybody shuts up or they feel like they are Muslim bashing, so it gets off the subject of the horrific acts that the ones who ARE like that commit in the name of their religion. Once it becomes a PC, take up for the good Muslim thing, all the bad things the bad ones did are dropped and forgotten, and they shouldn't be. There should be outrage.

Okay, once and for all- we know they're not all like that already!! There are terrible things being done here by a great number of Muslims who ARE like that. You have these barbaric beheadings, the body burnings and dancings, not to mention again the discrimination, opression, even murders of women, Jews, other non Muslims, even dogs, in the name of Islam! Nobody is saying they are all that way! I'd think at this point we can all take that for granted and not even throw it up anymore, because doing so seems to always take the heat off of and excuse those who are, and they are in no small number. Many of them use the name of their religion to incite hatred of Jews and westerners, to try to ignite 'holy wars' by uniting their Arab brethren, and to kill using the name of Allah and Islam. It is happening and it is one of the most dangerous threats to the world today! Don't let it be hidden, ignored or excused because 'they're not all like that!'

While I'm on the subject, does anybody over there who hates Americans for whatever ever consider that WE'RE 'not all like that' either? Do they even care? Of course not.

Last edited:
U2Kitten, while I agree that terrorists misuse the name of Allah for their cruel actions, and that there are good and bad people everywhere and with every kind of belief, I think you misunderstand why I am against a thread title like that.

When a crazy psychopathic killer tells you that Jesus and God gave out the order to kill innocent lives, would you call a thread title "Another head for Jesus"? I don?t think so. I think you?d say "what a psychopathic bastard".

Therefore, this thread should be renamed to "Another civilian killed by terrorists". I don?t think you want to lower yourself to the thought schemes of terrorists, so even if they say "we are justified because we do it in the name of Allah", it would not be that very intelligent to believe them, and to help them mixing crime/politics with religion, would it?

I think I would call the thread Jesus made me do it if that is what the person doing the crime said.

Having had a so-called offensive title to a thread changed, I find it offensive that you would limit NBC's freedom of speech.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

When a crazy psychopathic killer tells you that Jesus and God gave out the order to kill innocent lives, would you call a thread title "Another head for Jesus"? I don?t think so. I think you?d say "what a psychopathic bastard".

Exactly.

Remember the thread a few days back about some crazy people protesting at Reagan's funeral? Imagine if that had been called "Christians protest at Reagan's funeral." Would you (I mean anyone here, not any specific person) have objected to that and pointed out that those people aren't representative of Christianity? Of course, because to imply that the people holding those vile placards are representative of all Christians is offensive. Equally, to imply that the people who carried out this barbaric act are representative of all Muslims is offensive.

No, I still disagree. I have seen stories of people killing their whole family saying God told them to do it. The Spanish Conquistadors killed a lot of Incas and Aztecs in the name of God and Christianity. But I still in no way think that by saying that it is any kind of insult to Allah, God, Jesus, or any person who considers themselves a member of that religion. The first thing I'd think is, crazy idiot, God didn't want you do to that. I would think most people would automatically understand that. Since the terrorists themselves say they are doing for Allah, I don't see anything wrong with Nbcrusader doing it either. Come on, we all know what he meant. Give him a break already, sheesh!

Back
Top Bottom