Another Head for Allah - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2004, 09:31 AM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:55 PM
I would love to see some quotes from any Muslim leader from the middle east that rebukes the terrorists actions. Then maybe I would feel the title was innapropriate.

However, when they were hanging Americans from the bridge, ripping their bodies apart piece by piece, and burning them.....the religious leaders said it was wrong to do that to the dead. No comment about killing Americans. That was all good.

Sorry....but I am open minded, please, show me the condemnation by the religions leaders...and I will beLIEve.

Old 06-19-2004, 09:32 AM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
Come on, we all know what he meant. Give him a break already, sheesh!
That courtesy is not given to Christian Americans that lean to the right. He is worse than the beheaders!

Old 06-19-2004, 09:33 AM   #33
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 09:55 PM
I agree with U2Kitten here and i think many of us thought "crazy idiot, God didn't want you do to that" when GWB spoke about a Crusade. But it might be even easier to understand if the topic here would have bin "Another Head in the name of Allah - what nore in the name of Allah?"
Old 06-19-2004, 09:35 AM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LoveTown
they said that the site reporting the death of the person responsible has said the same thing before and it of course was false.

I think they just said that the responsible party was killed to avoid the heat from America.

You know I would not doubt that a bit the way everyone on all sides lie and cover their asses. I also wonder how, if it was true and they knew where to find them, why not get them BEFORE they killed the man?

Here is a link to a story telling how the Saudis reported the killings and showed the bodies of the terrorists on TV. There is a pic of the leader's dead body, so if you don't want to see it don't click, or cover the right half of the screen with your hand.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...V&SECTION=HOME

They also claim 5 of their own government security men were killed in the gunfight with the terrorists.
Old 06-19-2004, 09:37 AM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life

I am laughing because in war right now up at the top is a thread called "Conservatives circle the torture wagon."

Oh where is the outrage over that thread title. I would believe you all were not trying to bust NBC's nuts if there was a thread of consistency in your stance.

But as long as it is the CONSERVATIVES being bashed, or grouped under an umbrella. Or the EVANGELICAL Christians....the silence is......

telling.
Old 06-19-2004, 09:37 AM   #36
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

That courtesy is not given to Christian Americans that lean to the right. He is worse than the beheaders!
You think I haven't already found that out the hard way?
Old 06-19-2004, 09:39 AM   #37
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:55 PM
Quote:
Since the terrorists themselves say they are doing for Allah, I don't see anything wrong with Nbcrusader doing it either. Come on, we all know what he meant. Give him a break already, sheesh!
To be fair, I think this discussion is a lot bigger than just one thread title. I didn't especially like the title, but I hope it doesn't seem like I'm criticising nbc, because I think the whole issue is a lot bigger than just a title.
Old 06-19-2004, 09:46 AM   #38
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 09:55 PM
I think NBC might have chosen this title to catch our atention, not to make a statement what Allah wants, which obviousely worked verry well
Old 06-19-2004, 09:47 AM   #39
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Klaus
I think NBC might have chosen this title to catch our atention, not to make a statement what Allah wants, which obviousely worked verry well
Well said. I sincerely hope the thread title is not more upsetting than the content within the thread.
Old 06-19-2004, 09:51 AM   #40
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I sincerely hope the thread title is not more upsetting than the content within the thread.
People can be horrified and disgusted by those actions, while also recognising that they are committed by a minority of extremists who are in no way representative of Islam. The two opinions are certainly not mutually exclusive.
Old 06-19-2004, 09:51 AM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Perhaps this is a matter of interpretation? I really don't mind this title as I interpreted it as a reference to Wahhabis and the whole problem with them and not Islam as a whole. I have Muslim friends who are not Wahhabis and they are pretty damned upset about this. A U.S. Muslim scholar they interviewed on CNN yesterday was really upset about the killing and denounced it. The killing itself hasn't been covered in the Turkish press, but I expect a denunciation to come from the Turks sooner or later.
Old 06-19-2004, 09:57 AM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Well said. I sincerely hope the thread title is not more upsetting than the content within the thread.
That was my first complaint, that the complaining over the title was taking attention away from the deed itself!
Old 06-19-2004, 09:59 AM   #43
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees

People can be horrified and disgusted by those actions, while also recognising that they are committed by a minority of extremists who are in no way representative of Islam. The two opinions are certainly not mutually exclusive.
I invite you to defend a conservative on the board by expressing your outrage that we all be lumped in as circling the wagons over the torture.

In my mind, if you are upset over one, you should be equally upset over the other, since we are talking about generalizations.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Verte, while I appreciate and American Muslim standing up for what is right, I have problems with the fact that I have yet to see any condemnation from the Middle East Imams over any of the horrific things that have occurred. I have seen praise.....and in my heart, I do not believe that an American Muslim has as much standing as someone living and preaching in the Middle East. That is why I asked for condemnation quotes from the region.

A priest can say something here in the USA, but ultimately, the Pope has the power behind his words.
Old 06-19-2004, 09:59 AM   #44
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees

That was my other main complaint, we KNOW that already, and always dragging that up takes attention away from the issue, and the problem of the ones that ARE that way!!

Once again, attention has been diverted from the murder of an innocent person to the defense of Muslims who 'are not like that', which sidetracks into this debate and takes away the much deserved anger and criticism of those who ARE liket that
Old 06-19-2004, 10:00 AM   #45
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

That was my first complaint, that the complaining over the title was taking attention away from the deed itself!
A tactic used frequently around here....I might add. By many on both sides....LOL