Another head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At least the Koreans didn't capitualate, if they did then there is no telling how many more hostages will be taken. In retalliation they should they send in more troops in the form of ROK Marines who have a nasty habit of striking fear into the hearts of their enemies.

May he rest in peace and those men who killed him recieve justice for their crimes.

I saw a picture of that Korean guy with Russel Crowe. Looked
like a nice guy.
Those sickos sent the video of them beheading him to the guy's
parents!!!!! :(
Once these terrorists capture somebody now, the person
is bound to wind up dead.

Last edited:
:mad: The ones doing the beheadings are absolutely evil, :censored: despicable cowards! There is no reason for this! These victims have done nothing more than be in the wrong place at the wrong time; hardly a capital offense. And the perps act all tough and macho, hiding their cowardly faces behind hoods.

I cannot explain why this has affected me so; I don't know any of the victims, but I am so angry on their behalf! I know that God will punish the perps, but not soon enough! How many more civilians must lose their heads? :scream:

If governments met this terrorism by increasing troop deployments and spending for Iraq as a sign of solidarity with the Iraqi people against the terrorists they would save innocent Iraqi lives and stop terrorists taking more hostages, a fitting way to respond to a barbaric murder by these terrorists.

A_Wanderer said:
If governments met this terrorism by increasing troop deployments and spending for Iraq as a sign of solidarity with the Iraqi people against the terrorists they would save innocent Iraqi lives and stop terrorists taking more hostages, a fitting way to respond to a barbaric murder by these terrorists.

or, most likely, they would just increase the number of these incidents

I disagree, think about it the effect of terrorism for the terrorist may be positive, neutral or negative.

A positive result would be to force their target to capitulate and in this case withdraw their troops, this would be rewarding terrorism and it would encourage them to go after more hostages because they know that it will accomplish their aims.

A neutral effect is if the government in question simply ignores the terrorists and doesn't give into their demands, this shows the terrorists that their method is not working and eventually they will stop taking hostages because they realize that it does their cause no good.

A negative effect is if in response something is done to fight the terrorists. More troops on the ground and additional funding for the Iraqi's would adversely effect the operational capacity of these groups and they would realize that taking hostages hurt's them more than it hurts the target government. It is illogical to try to destroy your own chance of sucess so they would stop taking hostages and move onto another method, the additional troops and aid would be good because it would increase security in the country and would help save lives rather than simply waiting for more to be claimed.

A_Wanderer said:
I disagree, think about it the effect of terrorism for the terrorist may be positive, neutral or negative.

A positive result would be to force their target to capitulate and in this case withdraw their troops, this would be rewarding terrorism and it would encourage them to go after more hostages because they know that it will accomplish their aims.

A neutral effect is if the government in question simply ignores the terrorists and doesn't give into their demands, this shows the terrorists that their method is not working and eventually they will stop taking hostages because they realize that it does their cause no good.

A negative effect is if in response something is done to fight the terrorists. More troops on the ground and additional funding for the Iraqi's would adversely effect the operational capacity of these groups and they would realize that taking hostages hurt's them more than it hurts the target government. It is illogical to try to destroy your own chance of sucess so they would stop taking hostages and move onto another method, the additional troops and aid would be good because it would increase security in the country and would help save lives rather than simply waiting for more to be claimed.

I think your "Positive" outcome won't ever happen for two reasons; the ridiculous hysteria over Spain pulling out (wouldn't want to be called 'French' now would you), and, I know it sounds terrible, but these individual lives aren't enough to force that hand. A large scale terrorist attack is different psychologicaly and more importantly, politicaly.

The 'Neutral' would never last. That could do it again and again and eventually the country would be forced to act.

The 'Negative', more troops etc, I think wouldn't worry them too much at this stage. I'm not sure that it would work either.

I am confident that if you placed more combat troops on the ground it would benefit the security situation, if every nation stands firm and doesnt capitulate and just increases pleadges of money and aid Iraq would only improve. A little like the Powell Doctrine of overwhelming force, if you show them that they cannot win then they will simply stop fighting.

Last edited:
:sad: :mad:

r1401132180.jpg

r3320478489.jpg

Last edited:
One Death is a Tradgedy, A million Deaths is a Statistic but a televised death is something else alltogether.

BTW this guy, Lebanese American and a Moslem, had befriended several "not like that" Iraqis. He trusted them, but they felt it was their duty to turn him into extremists :down: :mad: :sad:

There are conflicting reports about this guy. Today the group put out a statement denying they'd killed the guy. I hope that's true.

This is strange. Could be he's dead, or alive and moved, but it is weird we haven't heard anything. He might even have gone over to their side in exchange for his life, who knows. Maybe we will hear something soon. I hope he's okay.

I don't like this one bit, Muslim Marine appartently led off base by Iraqi's and then handed over to terrorists, oh sorry millitants/activists/insurgents, who then film him being threatened with a knife. There is a possibility that he setup this entire thing as a backdoor out of the Marines, either way Hostage or Collarborator the situation will be dealt with.

Last edited:
Yes it is strange, isn't it? They had no problem killing the Jew, the Christian, and the Korean, but this is the second time Muslim hostages have been released. That kind of prejudice scares me, and it scares me that the extremists are appealing to the Marine that if he is a good Muslim he will denounce the US and join them! I do not want to think it, but if he is free, why has he not returned to his unit? :|

Perhaps because he fears for his life? Return to your patrol, after having sworn not to by people who could have cut off your head. Then one day while out on patrol, they see you back with your unit and guess what, you're a dead man.

Couldn't he just ask to be transferred or sent home under the circumstances? I don't think he'd be refused!

Tust me if your a Marine and you rejoin your unit you won't need to worry about any terrorist creeps from getting you.

Back
Top Bottom