Another Democrat Supports Bush - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 08-12-2004, 05:35 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 10:02 PM
Originally posted by paxetaurora
I just want to reiterate how much I hate this article, and all others that run along the lines of "only Bush can protect us." What a load of shit. As if Kerry--or anyone else--would really just sit back and do nothing in the position of President at such a tenuous time. He, or anyone else, might have a different approach, but that's not to say it wouldn't actually work.
No one has said that "only Bush can protect us". Koch is voting for Bush because he believes that Bush is by far the better candidate on Security and Foreign Policy. Millions of other Americans who will be voting for Bush in November feel the same way.

Koch mentions important points that the majority of the delegates at the Democratic convention opposed the Iraq War. You will also find a good percentage of them opposed to the war in Afghanistan because of some naive belief that fighting international terrorism is only a law enforcement problem that does not require the military. There are many democrats who support the war in Afghanistan and Iraq, but they were not well represented among the delegates and I understand Kock's concern.

Good Article!

Old 08-12-2004, 06:42 PM   #17
love, blood, life
Local Time: 06:02 PM
That's true. I should have worded things a bit more carefully. Even though I still disagree, maybe I got a *bit* too worked up.

and you hunger for the time
time to heal, desire, time

Join Amnesty.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:06 PM   #18
Local Time: 06:02 PM
Koch is an idiot.
He's switched so many times over to the Republican side, I've lost count.