Another Casualty Of War

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What happened is indeed a tragedy, but its also sad to see a left wing website attempting to exploit it for their own political purposes to attack Bush and others working very hard to insure the security of the region and the world.

I am very concerned about suicides in the military. There have been reports that the suicide rate in the military these days is astronomical. That being said I'm not sure what I think about this being on a political site, either. Maybe it's not the best thing. It's just a crying shame.

You know, the fact that this was reported on a "left-wing" blog never occurred to me when I posted it. I just thought it was an extremely sad story that well illustrated what our troops are going through.

Last edited:
This depends on how you want to define "left-wing". I have many friends who consider Kerry too "conservative" on Iraq because he voted for the war and he has also pissed off these people with statements supporting Sharon and his position on gay marriage, being against gay marriage but supporting civil unions. These people also preferred Kucinich's "single payer" health plan over Kerry's employer-based plan. That being said I'm just sorry this crud is happening. It reminds us that no matter how hard things might be in own own lives someone else is carrying a heavier burden. How unfortunate and sad.

Last edited:
The suicide is indeed sad, especially for the remaining family. The "why" behind the suicide may have gone to the grave with Sgt. Guindon.

The blog author's spin was unnecessary.

That is so sad Diane, but thanks for posting it. I had heard about this in my local news. I think we had a thread here about suicides among those serving in Iraq.

It does seem unseemly to me to use this is the way this writer did.

War indeed is hell, and I'm so sorry for Sgt Guindon and his family :(

Back
Top Bottom