Ann Coulter calls John Edwards a "faggot" - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2007, 08:50 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

I'm sure it's a little bit of both with her, she knows it will get a rise and that's how she feels.

Regardless words are powerful.

The constitution would be nothing without words. People are moved by lyrics and books. A friendly 'hello' may make a stranger's day. Just like a hurtful slur can hurt.

Don't ever dismiss the power of words.
When I was in high school, I used to say really liberal and mean stuff (ie, im pro choice, im pro gay marriage, the pope is disposable because if he dies they'll just "hire" a new pope and all will be well, etc. You have to remember here and Honduras people are a lot more close minded) just to get a rise out of my classmates. I knew it would piss them off and I knew they would get worked up about stuff that wouldn't EVER get resolved by arguing with me. Even if they did manage to make me apologize what difference would it make??

Basically, what I'm trying to say is she's getting you worked up and you're letting her do it. What difference will it make if Ann Coulter apologizes? Will homophobia go away? Will people stop using the word "faggot" to offend others? Not at all.

So, ignore her and her little show and you will win.

Mock the devil...

Old 03-02-2007, 09:04 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:12 AM
Words are powerful only to an extent. Depends on where they come from and who is listening. If people ignore Ann Coulter except her base and she finds that she isn't getting a rise out of her enemy, she loses her effectiveness and power. The more media coverage and attention she gets, the more powerful she becomes.

Ann Coulter is a nobody who is still trying to make a buck off 9/11.

I ignore a lot of people whose words mean nothing to me because I do not value or respect their opinion so their words mean nothing. It took a lifetime of discrimination from small minded idiots to come to that realization. And upon doing so, they have no control over me or my life.

Old 03-02-2007, 09:09 PM   #18
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:42 AM

Quote:
Why do people still give this woman the time of day? Let her and David Duke hang out and do coke, talk about the old days when they could lynch and just turn off all cameras when she's around.

She's a boil on the ass of society.
Marry me.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:27 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Man
i find it really embarrassing that the u.s. vicepresident is attending a conference where such words are used.
You mean the guy who told a senator to "fuck off," spoken right on the Senate floor?
Old 03-02-2007, 11:53 PM   #20
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Utoo

You mean the guy who told a senator to "fuck off," spoken right on the Senate floor?
Considerng what I'm accustomed to Australian politicians saying to and about each other, I found Cheney's "fuck off" to be one of the least shocking things he's said.

And with regards to Ann Coulter, I find her existence to actually be useful: if anyone actually takes her seriously and agrees with her, you can very easily just write off what they say and not bother wasting your time listening to them! Quick way to identify idiots, in other words, and from the original post, it seems Romney is evidently quite an idiot.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-03-2007, 12:16 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

And with regards to Ann Coulter, I find her existence to actually be useful: if anyone actually takes her seriously and agrees with her, you can very easily just write off what they say and not bother wasting your time listening to them! Quick way to identify idiots, in other words, and from the original post, it seems Romney is evidently quite an idiot.
Good point, she is an excellent barometer for stupidity.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:54 AM   #22
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel

Marry me.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:57 AM   #23
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy

When I was in high school, I used to say really liberal and mean stuff (ie, im pro choice, im pro gay marriage, the pope is disposable because if he dies they'll just "hire" a new pope and all will be well, etc. You have to remember here and Honduras people are a lot more close minded) just to get a rise out of my classmates.
I agree a certain point with the rest of your post, but you still ignore the power of words overall.

But I'm a little confused about this part above... Why are you grouping "liberal" and "mean"?
Old 03-03-2007, 04:59 AM   #24
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k
Words are powerful only to an extent. Depends on where they come from and who is listening. If people ignore Ann Coulter except her base and she finds that she isn't getting a rise out of her enemy, she loses her effectiveness and power. The more media coverage and attention she gets, the more powerful she becomes.

Ann Coulter is a nobody who is still trying to make a buck off 9/11.

I ignore a lot of people whose words mean nothing to me because I do not value or respect their opinion so their words mean nothing. It took a lifetime of discrimination from small minded idiots to come to that realization. And upon doing so, they have no control over me or my life.
I agree, like I said, she's a boil, but she obviously still has a pretty big fanbase. So what do we do, to make them realize and ignore her? Because until that happens, they are still powerful.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:27 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:42 PM
It wasn't really grouping the words.

It's rather that in the eyes of the classmates those were mean things.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:43 AM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy

You're right. Shame on him. He was suppossed to know what words were going to be used before showing up.
this isnt the first time this woman has been using such words in public, is it?
Old 03-03-2007, 09:47 AM   #27
War Child

Local Time: 09:42 AM
Re: Ann Coulter calls John Edwards a "faggot"

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl1978
Ann Coulter referred to Senator John Edwards as a "faggot".
Real rich from someone who looks like a shemale.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:28 AM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

I think it's almost as evil that Romney said hearing from her is a good thing. But I'm not surprised at all that he said that, as sad as it is to say. Actually it's more evil, because we already expect crap like that from Coulter.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:49 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

But I'm a little confused about this part above... Why are you grouping "liberal" and "mean"?
I used mean stuff to say and liberal stuff to say and they both got my classmates riled up.

To be honest, I didn't quite figure out what words to use when I posted that... (English is my second language and sometimes it shows. )
Old 03-03-2007, 12:05 PM   #30
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

One day, I think fairly soon, Ann Coulter is going to fall hard, and she's going to have to go on the Surreal Life and live with Howard K. Stern to make a buck, and it's going to be beautiful.