Ann Coulter calls John Edwards a "faggot" - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2007, 12:56 AM   #136
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by deep
Matthews set her up.

correct

Quote:
My guess is she will sleaze back over to the Fox network.
incorrect:

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/2258.html

See vid clip where she explains herself:
As Chris Matthews and Elizabeth Edwards set out to destroy Ann Coulter for a seemingly inexcusable comment, what did the blonde firebrand really say on Good Morning America, and in what context? See for yourself. [Hint: She was making a point about Bill Maher and others who make similar comments to no mainstream media scrutiny whatsoever.] And why is this crucial context conspicuously cut out of all MSM excerpts of the interview?

Old 06-28-2007, 02:34 AM   #137
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:55 PM
Ann Coulter is stupid and annoying.

Old 06-28-2007, 05:13 AM   #138
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:55 PM
Who is Ann Coulter and why is she famous?

And does no one just tell her to shutup?
Old 06-28-2007, 09:15 AM   #139
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:55 PM
Why do you guys give forum time to this crap? All she wants is publicity and giving it to her is the worst part.

Isn't there something going on in the Middle East we can talk about, or something? Or do you guys want to go back to Paris Hilton?
Old 06-28-2007, 10:11 AM   #140
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LJT
Who is Ann Coulter and why is she famous?

she's a conservative shock jock who's probably more of a performance artist than anything. she's tall and leggy and skinny and blond and appears on TV to provide "commentary" wearing a hooker-esque black miniskirt and says some of the most offensive things ever heard in mainstream media. she's sharp and shrewd and quick and cunning. and she insults people like the 9-11 widows.

she's truly one of the worst things to happen to public discourse in my lifetime.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:15 AM   #141
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

[Hint: She was making a point about Bill Maher and others who make similar comments to no mainstream media scrutiny whatsoever.] And why is this crucial context conspicuously cut out of all MSM excerpts of the interview?

crap.

Bill Maher was not saying he wished that Cheney had been assassinated, and there was a thread in here about that precisely.

also, do you see the difference between someone who has their own comedy/talk show versus someone who's speaking at a Conservative Political Action Conference where presidential candidates were present and she was a keynote speaker?

Coulter gets the scrutiny because she begs and pleads for it.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:25 AM   #142
Refugee

Ann Coulter is disgusting. She calls the Democrats hypocrites for saying they like Jews but not outrightly supporting Israel. I thought the Dems have been doing that for decades, except for Jimmy Carter, and that has been the problem -- they support the Israeli occupation.

I guess, since people like her can't distinguish between ethnicities in states, then Ann Coulter must really HATE Arabs/Muslims because she seems to hate those states. I actually think she does.

Opposing Israel's aggressive policies doesn't, in any way, resemble Hitlerian anti-semitism or discrimination in any way. The legacy of the Holocaust has become so intertwined with how we treat Israel that it's led US policy in the Palestinian-Israeli conflict to be on the side of cruel and unjustified oppression, which has resulted in terrorism.

Ann Coulter should be sent to Abu Graib to think about the kinds of attitudes and ideas she's been trying to unleash upon the world in the name of sticking it to "liberals". The woman should grow up.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:45 AM   #143
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Muldfeld
Opposing Israel's aggressive policies doesn't, in any way, resemble Hitlerian anti-semitism or discrimination in any way. The legacy of the Holocaust has become so intertwined with how we treat Israel that it's led US policy in the Palestinian-Israeli conflict to be on the side of cruel and unjustified oppression, which has resulted in terrorism.
Very good point, and one few Americans have the courage to make for fear of being called a bigot or an anti-Semite.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:43 PM   #144
Refugee

Thanks for having the guts to agree, too.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:37 PM   #145
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I found the video that Diamond posted of Ann Coulter "explaining herself" fascinating.

Here was Ann in a friendly environment, speaking to someone who is not actively opposing her. It really highlighted what her schtick is. It quickly becomes clear that she's not a legitmate pundit, and that she relies on hyperbole and insults. Throughout the interview she would drop various insults and ridiculous statements about the Democrats and liberals etc. It was like she didn't know how to do anything else. You got the sense you couldn't really have a civil, intelligent discussion with this woman about the issues.

The problem I have with Coulter and others like her is that they present themselves as legitimate commentators on the issue rather than the politcial entertainers and satirists that they are.

Her take on why the country can't stand Bush is that no one like his stand on immigration. It's not the war the country is upset about (he's done an "excellent" job of handling that, according to her), it's immigration. Clueless!
Old 06-28-2007, 02:11 PM   #146
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Canadiens1160
Why do you guys give forum time to this crap? All she wants is publicity and giving it to her is the worst part.
I think the better question is why is this woman repeatedly invited to TV shows and tolerated?
Old 06-28-2007, 02:28 PM   #147
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:55 AM
could it be????????????

ratings.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:47 PM   #148
ONE
love, blood, life

I can't stand the sight of this woman. I've never seen anyone so hate-filled, self-righteous, arrogant, and as completely unintelligent as Ann Coulter. She does nothing but talk others down through fear tactics and junior high insults. She doesn't know how to debate, she can only shout her opinions to drown out those of others. To me, that only shows insecurity and knowing that what she says and does is completely wrong. I wouldn't want her speaking for me if I was a Conservative. She's like the political Paris Hilton: a skinny blonde who's contributed nothing to society but posing for a camera. Paris' is literally standing there and looking cute; Coulter is masquerading as an intelligent woman with valid views. She's cynical, she's calculating, and she's not worth the ground she walks on . I've never said that about another human being. I hated saying it, but I know no other way of putting it. Some of the things she's said about people, and groups of people have almost made me cry. She sickens me. She's nothing but evil from the core of her being. I don't even know how to analyze her, so I'll let her own words speak for her.

http://www.americanpolitics.com/20020205Coulter.html

I will also hold on to my favorite quote about Ann. It comes courtesy of SNL with Darrell Hammond playing Chris Matthews talking to Amy Poheler playing Coulter.
"I'd call you a media whore, but I'm afraid that would be offensive to whores."
Old 06-28-2007, 08:20 PM   #149
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:55 PM
guys
do you REALLY KNOW FOR SURE if john edwards isn't a "faggot"??

she might have insider information, guys.

it's good to know there's someone out there willing to weed out all the "faggots" in politics for people such as myself who don't have the time or interest to follow politics without commentary.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:26 PM   #150
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96
guys
do you REALLY KNOW FOR SURE if john edwards isn't a "faggot"??

she might have insider information, guys.

it's good to know there's someone out there willing to weed out all the "faggots" in politics for people such as myself who don't have the time or interest to follow politics without commentary.
You're right! Only teh gayz care as much about their hair as he does11!