Ann Coulter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DaveC said:
Coulter:Republicans::Wahhabism:Islam

You either watcha lot of Ann Coulter and have thought through your analogies or you simply are full of bull:censored:

Please tell me, cause I have only seen pictures of her.

Ann is alot like Eminem. Her existence is to offend. If you have read her column and you haven't been offended--she doesn't feel as if she has done her job. She loves to infuriate liberals--its what she gets paid for--and if nothing else she is very successful at it.

drivemytrabant said:
Ann is alot like Eminem. Her existence is to offend. If you have read her column and you haven't been offended--she doesn't feel as if she has done her job. She loves to infuriate liberals--its what she gets paid for--and if nothing else she is very successful at it.

that is a great analogy. :yes:

You can be offensive without sounding manic and in desperate need of Lithium or sounding like a paranoid schizophrenic in desperate need of Haldol. And that's essentially what Ann Coulter is.

I found Ronald Reagan offensive, but I didn't think he was hysterical or disturbed. That's just one example.

Flying FuManchu said:
She is entertaining... I don't see the difference between her and Moore to be honest...

They fall into the same category, except Moore is not based on pure hate. Coulter is. Hate alone, nothing else. She's in the bottom 0.01%. Moore is a jerk and a propagandarist (sp) but he's obviously got a brain and heart. Coulter has neither.

drivemytrabant said:
She loves to infuriate liberals--its what she gets paid for--and if nothing else she is very successful at it.

Actually if you aren't white, ultra-conservative Christian you would be offended. Last time I checked this doesn't just exclude "liberals".

verte76 said:
I wonder how she got so damn much hate in her, too. The woman has serious issues.

Well, you would too, if your political party's "hottie" was Dick Cheney! :D I mean, really, imagine the horror. :yuck:

nbc, did you read any of the Coulter quotes I posted? About wishing that Timothy McVeigh had bombed the NYT building and such? Do you really think those kind of comments are okay?

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I have issues with any extremists and that's exactly what she is.

Agreed.

She appears to me to be capable of spontaneously combusting at any moment.

Posters_Enemies_AnnCoulter.jpg

paxetaurora said:
nbc, did you read any of the Coulter quotes I posted? About wishing that Timothy McVeigh had bombed the NYT building and such? Do you really think those kind of comments are okay?

Political entertainment that gets under your skin. The kind of crap I typically avoid in a day.

When I read the quotes, I don't take them at face value.

For example:

Blow up the NY Times building (with the reporters & editors inside) = I don't like the NY Times liberal slant.

Again - it is political entertainment. Michael Moore makes his money the same way.

I don't actually think she believes half of what she says. I think she knows that political divisiveness is hot right now and the more extreme she is, the more attention she gets. It's a lucrative business right now.

Wow, I really don't get the comparisons with Michael Moore at all. Moore definitely uses political entertainment and a lot of humor to make his points. Coulter isn't funny and she seems rabidly, irrationally, serious. Actually I think she seems insane and/or on drugs half the time. You have to see her to get it, I think, nbc. There is something wrong with her!

joyfulgirl said:
Wow, I really don't get the comparisons with Michael Moore at all. Moore definitely uses political entertainment and a lot of humor to make his points. Coulter isn't funny and she seems rabidly, irrationally, serious. Actually I think she seems insane and/or on drugs half the time. You have to see her to get it, I think, nbc. There is something wrong with her!

I think a lot of the "get it/don't get it" depends on how their forms of entertainment fit with your belief system.

Do you ever disagree or have issues with members of your party that you speak out about? You always seem to defend them no matter what. Just curious.

joyfulgirl said:
Do you ever disagree or have issues with members of your party that you speak out about? You always seem to defend them no matter what. Just curious.

Oh, I disagree with them all the time.

But I usually try to center debates around principle.

I have no reason to "defend" Coulter because I never have watched her.

Back
Top Bottom