Anita Hill Part 2 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2007, 01:18 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2isthebest

As you said, Clinton was never charged.

Evidence like this
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...rick022599.htm

Wasn't needed, his wreckless behavior eventually caught up to him-and his was impeached because of it.

dbs

Old 10-03-2007, 01:21 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

you guys, the polictians on the left that tried to crucify Justice Thomas ( due to his conservative values) who failed and those that have since turned the Supreme Court confirmation into a blood sport-( if the appointee has conservative values).

It's strange that when a person on the left has reams of evidence against him of being a sexual predator or harrasser, the Left polictians are silent, they go ostrich and are no where to be found.

Behavior like this screams hypocrisy.

dbs

dbs
Again, what are the reams of "evidence" other than, "He touched me, here's my story."? Saying something does not equal it being truth. Also, when one claims to be conservative, and pro-family values and morality; people are a lot less likely to be understanding when they're found to be doing the same type of activity they rail against. Sexual immorality is sexual immorality, but I never heard Bill Clinton claiming to be Mr. Morality like so many conseravative politicians imply and sometimes outright state.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:21 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
Clarence Thomas is bitter, but on top of that, he's not a very good Justice either.

And the fact that certain people will post pictures of Clinton on every single bloody thread got old about 896 threads ago. And the fact they can't distinguish this case from that one signals a serious deficiency in critical thinking skills.
Well, you single out Diamond for his alleged 'serious deficiency in critical thinking skills' but Mrs Springsteen's rush to judgement seemingly doesn't trouble you (refresh our memory there Mrs S, what court of law was Clarence Thomas convicted in?)

I just think it's interesting, and it shows the institutional bias on FYM yet again.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:23 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
he's not a very good Justice either.

And the fact they can't distinguish this case from that one signals a serious deficiency in critical thinking skills.
Most Americans would disagree with you paticularily African Americans.

I can distinguish between the 2 cases and have, pointed out the differences, and how they can also relate.

He and Condo Rice are 2 of the most respected Afrcan Americans by African Americans in our country not withstanding your snarky remarks.

dbs
Old 10-03-2007, 01:24 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Wasn't needed, his wreckless behavior eventually caught up to him-and his was impeached because of it.

dbs
His reckless behavior that was exposed and found to be true was a consensual sexual affair! This woman (from the Clinton article) claims harassment, ergo any sexual encounter would have been non-consensual on her part. In a court of law it would've been a completely separate case. Clinton was impeached for perjury, not for having an affair with another person who entered into the relationship willingly. That's not illegal, it's immoral. You can't prosecute immorality in a court of law. What is so difficult to understand about that?
Old 10-03-2007, 01:28 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

His reckless behavior that was exposed and found to be true was a consensual sexual affair! This woman claims harassment, ergo any sexual encounter would have been non-consensual on her part. In a court of law it would've been a completely separate case. Clinton was impeached for perjury, not for having an affair with another person who entered into the relationship willingly. That's not illegal, it's immoral. You can't prosecute immorality in a court of law. What is so difficult to understand about that?
I'm pointing out that his continual womanizing, harrassing of women and perjurious testimony were all reckless, and led to his overall eventual dimise, unlike Judge Thomas.

dbs
Old 10-03-2007, 01:32 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

I'm pointing out that his continual womanizing, harrassing of women and perjurious testimony were all reckless, and led to his overall eventual dimise, unlike Judge Thomas.

dbs
Let's see, Clinton was not impeached by the Senate, thereby not losing his presidency. He left office with a 65% approval rating, higher than any president since World War II ended. He's continued to do good work throughout the world through CGI and is still loved and esteemed by many Americans as one of our best presidents. How does that equal "demise" to you, other than your own personal dislike of him?

I also just wanted to say, that although I don't agree with this statement, I now understand where you were coming from with the "reckless" point, so thank you for clearing that up.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Let's see, Clinton was not impeached by the Senate, thereby not losing his presidency. He left office with a 65% approval rating, higher than any president since World War II ended. He's continued to do good work throughout the world through CGI and is still loved and esteemed by many Americans as one of our best presidents. How does that equal "demise" to you, other than your own personal dislike of him?
He was impeached by Congress also lost his law license in Ark, because of his recklessness.

That a person has the approval of the world, doesnt make him above reproach, some choose to look at a person's character, esp a world leader.

If you want to defend him because he has a high popularity rating, I find that rather sad, but you go ahead and knock yourself out.

dbs
Old 10-03-2007, 01:52 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

He was impeached by Congress also lost his law license in Ark, because of his recklessness.

That a person has the approval of the world, doesnt make him above reproach, some choose to look at a person's character, esp a world leader.

If you want to defend him because he has a high popularity rating, I find that rather sad, but you go ahead and knock yourself out.

dbs
Piety doesn't look good on anyone. Personally, I try never to judge someone by their approval from others. That, in itself, isn't worth shit to me. I personally believe that Clinton realized his mistake, fixed it, admitted it, and has moved on. He says he is right with God, and with his wife and daughter. That is enough for me. However, you used the word "demise". Maybe it was just our wires getting crossed, but that doesn't equate to the matters of a person's heart to me. Demise has always signalled a destruction of a person's career, family, and/or "outer" life, which includes approval from people. Maybe you have a different view, which is fine. Seeing, as I view the word differently, I felt that was you said was incorrect, based on the statistics I posted. Clinton's flaws and weaknesses, which I agree with you on, at least in terms of sexual behavior, may have damaged his heart and spirit, but that doesn't change the fact that he was a tremendous president (for those who agree with his policies) and that he is a brilliant, compassionate man who has done a lot of good in the world, even moreso since leaving office.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:55 PM   #25
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:06 PM
nevermind.

U2isthebest is quite holding her own here.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:58 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by financeguy

Well, you single out Diamond for his alleged 'serious deficiency in critical thinking skills' but Mrs Springsteen's rush to judgement seemingly doesn't trouble you (refresh our memory there Mrs S, what court of law was Clarence Thomas convicted in?)

I just think it's interesting, and it shows the institutional bias on FYM yet again.
Why would her comment bother me? She is free to cast judgment on Thomas and on Clinton. This thread was about Thomas; she expressed her opinion. Is she supposed to include a preamble in which she declares similar opinions about Clinton, David Vitter and whoever else has a suspect sexual history??
Old 10-03-2007, 02:03 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
[B Demise has always signalled a destruction of a person's career, family, and/or "outer" life, which includes approval from people. Maybe you have a different view, which is fine.

. Clinton's flaws and weaknesses, which I agree with you on, at least in terms of sexual behavior, may have damaged his heart and spirit, . [/B]
I think damaging your family is the very worse thing a person can do, paticularly, the leader of the free world.

That Bill Clinton has stated since leaving office that he sees his impeachment as a "badge of honor" doesn't bode well for a "repentant" person as you claim he is.

I do appreciate some of the humanitarian work Clinton has done since leaving office.

I do feel that he his quite cognizant of how he hopes his public perception appears which is sad, and since I've read some of your posts and recognize "Christian" leanings in them, this verse reminds me of Bill Clinton:

Matt 16:26:

For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Am I condeming Bill Clinton? No.
Am I concerned about him a bit? Yes, but only a little, I have my own house to keep in order.

Cheers-

dbs
Old 10-03-2007, 02:05 PM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

no darling, he was impeached over purjury.
perjury.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:06 PM   #29
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

wreckless

reckless.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:07 PM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life