Angels update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sherry Darling

New Yorker
All Angels info will be posted here now, as this is really the most appropriate forum for it (even if most of us are Pleba gals...LOL.)

And...a very speical welcome to our newest Angel, #49, Bonochick!

Who wants 50? Come on, what a cool number to get... :p

Cheryl

Yes, what is an Angel (in this sense)?
and
why does Bono in your avatar look like Ozzy??? (sorry but he does)

i thought the same thing, regarding ozzy, lol.

and why is this in free your mind *notlol

:angry:

SD is referring to a group called "Bono's Angels"...check out the address in her signature for details! :)

OZZY??

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZZZZY? My GOD the blasphemy. Thou hast insulted the sublime masculine beauty of what we in Pleba call "John Lennon Bono". If you're talking about my avatar, anyway. LOL.

Bono's Angels-- that group I've gotten together to send letters/make phone calls to Bush/O'Neill and Congress to lobby for debt relief and aid. Bono Chick's right-- check the link in my sig. Cut and paste if the link argues with you. :)

I have a paper due tomorrow but promise I'll get on some research about a postcard campaign (I have delusions of being Ali :D) and writing some drug companies that we might pressure to get on board.

Meanwhile, let's get those letters out! The more the merrier. Has anyone had any success in recruiting friends/family?

Zoom, this is in Free Your Mind because that's where the admin. I PMed said would be most appropriate, considering it's social/political content.

Cheryl

I have had 0 success getting family and friends on board but I'm still with ya 100%!!!!

You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kawwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

oktobergirl said:
I have had 0 success getting family and friends on board but I'm still with ya 100%!!!!

You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much, Oktobergirl! Means a lot! I'll keep you guys updated, and keep after your friends and family. Our spheres of influence aren't quite Bono's but they ain't zero, either. :)

Has anyone had any luck with getting others to contact our leaders about this issue? I'd love to know.

Meanwhile, will report back when I contact Jubilee.

http://jubileeusa.org

Cheryl

I'm an angel from "Heaven", the Gavin Friday forum....does that count? :sexywink: [edit: was an "angle" for a minute there]

any chance of getting a Gavin smiley in here? :macdevil:

Bonochick said:
SD is referring to a group called "Bono's Angels"...check out the address in her signature for details! :)

I got replies from my two congress women, Dianne Feinstein and Lynn Woolsey. The letters were kinda formulaic in their style but both talked about Africa and AIDS specifically.

Lynn Woolsey is the cosponsor of the Global Health Act (HR 1269) and the Affordable HIV/AIDS Medicines for Poor Countries Act (HR 933). HR 933 specifically encourages developing countries and pharmaceutical companies to make HIV/AIDS drigs and medical technologies available to people who live in such countries without charge or at affordable prices.

Might I suggest that when Bono's Angels write their congress people etc. that they mention this bill as something to support.

I've done some more research on Bristol Myers Squibb and will PM Cheryl the details regarding their efforts to do the right thing.

:bono::angel: Lori

Gahhhhhvin

Discoteque said:
I'm an angel from "Heaven", the Gavin Friday forum....does that count? :sexywink: [edit: was an "angle" for a minute there]

any chance of getting a Gavin smiley in here? :macdevil:

Girl, as far as I'm concerned, if you write that letter or make that call, you can have any freakin smiley you want! :) (He looks so much like Bono, though we could just double. LOL. Or pretend the Bono one doesn't have the shades. :) )

Lori, bless ya! I'll contact Jubilee this week and see about some sort of national campaign. So glad you got positive feedback from reps about HR 993. I'll contact mine!

Thanks Angels!

Cheryl

SD~

That is a great site you have put together. Thanks for your work and for motivating others to get involved!

Bonochick said:
SD~

That is a great site you have put together. Thanks for your work and for motivating others to get involved!

Most welcome, BC, and thanks for your phone call or letter. :)

BTW, if you've tried to get on the Angels' site (in my sig) and haven't been able to, its not you, it's angelfire. Am working on it. :( That's no excuse not to get that letter in the mail! :) If anyone would like, I can repost the letters here so be cut and paste until the site is healed.

I'd also like to say a thank you to the admin here at Interference, who let me post techncially off topic Angel stuff here. :) Thanks guys!

Cheryl

Back
Top Bottom