Anderson Cooper - Dispatches From The Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How long is he on the book tour?

I can't stand that hack who's replacing him at the moment. He used to be a VJ up here years ago and I see that he hasn't gained an ounce of journalistic integrity since.

Come back Anderson!!

JD Roberts, who now seems to go by John Roberts. Was a DJ up here in Canada years ago.

Yes, he left the great white north years ago, and had been an anchor for CBS for a long time. I guess he's no longer with them if he's subbing on CNN?

He's old-school, along with Jeannie Becker. As much as they grate, subsequent crops of VJ's have gotten more and more insipid as the years progressed, so I think of them as the good ol' days. :wink:

he's signing books in Alexandria tonight, and Mr. Memphis is going to see him.

i've allowed Memphis to but Anderson on the "Celebrity Infidelity List" -- there are certain people in the world that, should you have opportunity to sleep with them, it does not count as infidelity.

memphis just called! he was #187 in line and still shook his hand! he said that Anderson is witty and charming and 100% "do-able" and he shook his hand and is never washing it again!

:faint:

he said it was filled with young straight girls, and women, and not so many 'mo's.

i was also browsing iTunes for party songs, since i have to do the playlist for a party this weekend (any FYM suggestions for not-to-be-forgotten party songs?), and i came across Anderson Cooper's playlist!

:combust:

and he had this to say:

[q]"New Year's Day" (Track 3): "You can't say anything bad about U2. Few, if any, bands can stay relevant for so long. I went to their last concert and it was the best live performance I have ever seen."[/q]

:love:

also, he notes that New Order is "still putting out brilliant music."

ahem.

Irvine511 said:
he's signing books in Alexandria tonight, and Mr. Memphis is going to see him.

i've allowed Memphis to but Anderson on the "Celebrity Infidelity List" -- there are certain people in the world that, should you have opportunity to sleep with them, it does not count as infidelity.

:yes: I wholeheartedly agree. I think hubby knows my list. Good idea for a thread? :hmm:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
:drool: :drool: :drool:

I tried finding out if he's coming to Detroit at all, but there was no info I could find on the tour online, which I found strange, unless I'm looking in the wrong places.

Probably not, but a straight girl in lust with a gay man can dream, right? :lol:

Doesn't look like it...

June 9 7:00 PM at Borders Books – North Michigan Avenue. Chicago, IL

June 12 7:00 PM at Book Soup - Sunset Blvd. West Hollywood, CA.

June 25 1:00 PM at Barnes & Noble – Veterans Blvd. Metairie, LA.

June 26 12:30 PM at Borders Books – Veterans memorial Blvd. Metairie, LA.

Oh My God

My infatuation is worse now than it ever was. What a sexy, sexy man. It was so short but so incredibly sweet.

Watch 360 tonight- he's back hosting because of Zarqawi, he had to leave early to get to the news studio in Boston.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Oh My God

My infatuation is worse now than it ever was. What a sexy, sexy man. It was so short but so incredibly sweet.

Tell us everything!

I want to live vicariously!

people.com

Anderson Cooper is no stranger to tragedy. When he was 10, his father died during heart surgery. While he was finishing college at Yale University, his older brother Carter, who was 23 at the time, committed suicide. The CNN anchor, 39, writes about his personal heartbreak and harrowing professional experiences in his new book, Dispatches from the Edge: A Memoir of War, Disasters, and Survival, including his decision early on to become a war correspondent. "I found it in some ways comforting to be in places where people understood grief and were able to talk about it," says Cooper. PEOPLE recently chatted with the single newsman about traveling the world, how Hurricane Katrina changed him and his penchant for cheesy reality TV.

How difficult was it to open up about your own life in your book?

It's a difficult thing to do. But for me it's really a memoir about loss. It's really about a story of loss both personal and professional. I started going to wars in some ways to deal with losses I had experienced and to learn from those who had been through loss themselves.

I know you had the tragedy of your brother's suicide.

Certainly my brother's death in many ways motivated me. I was questioning what had happened to him. I was really interested in the issues of survival and why some people survive and others don't.

How did reporting on Hurricane Katrina change you personally?

I decided to start writing the book really two weeks after Hurricane Katrina, when the flood waters had receded and the convention center and Superdome were getting cleaned up. I just worried that the memory of what happened there would be forgotten. I think it's important to keep the memory of what happened there alive. I'd spent a lot of time in Africa, and in wars in Rwanda, Somalia and Sarajevo. I'd seen similar images of disaster but never in the United States.

What makes you laugh?

I like watching cheesy TV shows for relaxation. I watch a lot of MTV, like My Super Sweet 16.

What about the show is funny to you?

Because the people seem moronic on it and are embarrassing.

So, what's it like dating when you're such a recognizable face?

I really don't talk about my personal life.

I had to at least give it a try.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Oh My God

:applaud:

Very happy for you!!!

I'm the opposite though. Whenever I've had a close encounter with a serious celebrity infatuation of mine, the obession is completely satitiated and goes into hibernation lol.

Does Prada make pajamas? :drool: Somehow I picture him in a silk smoking jacket thingy, like a hot young version of Hugh Hefner without the nude young broad fixation :wink:

Maybe he'll come to Michigan one day

8556805.jpg

Just got home from the signing in LA tonight. About 300 people there, and he signed for everyone. I was about 210th in line and he was totally pleasant and was so relaxed! And now I'm full from pigging out at Chin Chin down the street.

:swoon:

Back
Top Bottom