And you thought Obama's Pastor was weird - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2008, 11:57 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 10:45 AM
And you thought Obama's Pastor was weird

http://www.motherjones.com/news/feat...ys-prayer.html

Imagine...Hillary Clinton - part and parcel of the "vast right wing conspiracy".
I'm not at all surprised given her behavior of late.
Hillary - the secret Christian Dominionist.
Betcha this won't make the mainstream news.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:10 AM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:45 AM
The VRWC has already taken over the site, all is lost, the rapture has begun!

If it wasn't for the religious left I would think that only the religious right was mad.

Old 03-26-2008, 03:27 AM   #3
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 05:45 PM
For some reason this reminds me of back when I took over the bookstore I managed in grad school and at the time a runaway bestseller there was this book, Big Sister Is Watching You, detailing how Hillary and her secret "coven" of lesbian goddess-worshipping Marxist necromancers (who controlled all the government agencies, of course) planned to destroy first the US then the rest of the world. It would've been absolutely hilarious--I remember being certain the author was laughing all the way to the bank--except for the fact that so many people ate it up.

Anyhow, Mother Jones is at least a dozen notches above that sort of 'investigative' writing, but I still find all this wildly contradictory rumor-mongering highly amusing.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 03-26-2008, 03:34 AM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:45 AM
^ I might actually vote for that.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:59 PM   #5
Refugee

Sometimes I really wonder about the intelligence of people on this site. 74 views and only 3 replies...and all of them stupid. Really, with what's going on in your country right now with the whole Clinton/Obama mess you'd think that at least a few of you would find this interesting...especially Obama suporters, you should be jumping all over this. Last night while watching CNN a woman commentator who I was not familiar with mentioned this alliance of Hillary's with The Family, albeit very briefly but at least it was mentioned. If I were involved in the Obama campaign or if I thought Hillary was a complete and utter liar (which I do) I would try and spread this far and wide. This Doug Coe and his
"cult" of Christian Dominionists are a hideous bunch of characters that are more in line with the Nazi's than they are Jesus Christ. It won't surprise me in the least if this one is just swept under the rug by the Clinton machine. If people on this forum aren't interested I can only wonder exactly who is??? At this pont in time I almost want Hillary to get the nomination. I like Obama and would not wish what awaits the next President on anyone I like. That said, I have such a loathing for the Clinton's now that to see them lose would give me so much joy. They think they are entitled to this and I'd love to see voters prove them wrong. Oh well, time will tell.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:23 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:45 PM
Some of us have lives you know. And some of us are actually out hitting the pavement working hard for certain candidates rather than worrying about some posts on an internet forum
Old 03-26-2008, 06:56 PM   #7
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Harry Vest
Sometimes I really wonder about the intelligence of people on this site. 74 views and only 3 replies...and all of them stupid.
Trust me I feel the same way, but it's usually when I open your posts. I can't believe you, or anyone else would take this seriously... 4 pages and not one, not ONE piece of evidence that this "secret group" even exists.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:18 PM   #8
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Trust me I feel the same way, but it's usually when I open your posts. I can't believe you, or anyone else would take this seriously... 4 pages and not one, not ONE piece of evidence that this "secret group" even exists.
I guess CBS News, Harpers Magazine and Mother Jones...not to mention THE NATIONAL PRAYER BREAKFAST isn't enough "evidence" to convince you that this group exists. Your beyond even discussing this. You've made up your mind.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:20 PM   #9
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
Some of us have lives you know. And some of us are actually out hitting the pavement working hard for certain candidates rather than worrying about some posts on an internet forum
Oh excuse me, I must have been mistaken. How many HUNDREDS of posts have there been on "Mercy"???
Old 03-26-2008, 07:32 PM   #10
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:45 AM
Quote:
Sometimes I really wonder about the intelligence of people on this site. 74 views and only 3 replies...and all of them stupid.
You know, comments like this are not going to make anyone pay attention to what you're talking about.

There are few things more annoying than someone on the internet scolding others for not bothering to talk about something "more important."

Just because we have nothing to say about it on this one particular site in your specific thread doesn't mean we don't care, or have nothing to say. There are other places to talk about things, you know. Some of them even off the internet. Hard to believe, I know.

And honestly, with thread after thread after thread about every aspect of this campaign, sometimes people just need a break. And don't equate that with burying our heads in the sand. Maybe not everyone feels like coming into yet another political thread and getting into yet another circular argument with the same people on this site.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:40 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:45 PM
Quote:

Oh excuse me, I must have been mistaken. How many HUNDREDS of posts have there been on "Mercy"???
In FYM? Or on the streets of Pennsylvania?

You are pretty consistent with insulting other posters when they don't post in threads of yours because you see the topic as being so important when others don't.
Like the death ot that writer just recently and your remark about the few responses.

And your overall tone regarding Clinton supporters with general insults against Americans because they have different views from yours on candidates is pretty ridiculous.

Maybe you should take a more intellectual approach towards current US politics and try crafting some real structured and mellowed argument on the Clintons rather than just coming in here, ranting and then leave again.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:14 PM   #12
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent Vega

In FYM? Or on the streets of Pennsylvania?

You are pretty consistent with insulting other posters when they don't post in threads of yours because you see the topic as being so important when others don't.
Like the death ot that writer just recently and your remark about the few responses.

And your overall tone regarding Clinton supporters with general insults against Americans because they have different views from yours on candidates is pretty ridiculous.

Maybe you should take a more intellectual approach towards current US politics and try crafting some real structured and mellowed argument on the Clintons rather than just coming in here, ranting and then leave again.
I would, at another time perhaps try and have more intelligent discussions. Unfortunately we live in a time where everything seems ridiculous, nothing more so than the US Presidential election. You people have had 8 years of a criminal administration and now is your chance at some kind of change, some would say great change. But no, not good enough. Let's nitpick and bait the two democrats day after day until they both tear each other apart. It's obvious to me that in Obama there would be true change for your country. The opposite with Clinton. I believe the argument of what looks like a monarchy- BUSH (1988-92) CLINTON (1992-2000) BUSH (2000-2008) CLINTON (2008-????) is just so over the top that you'd have to be completely mentally incompetant not to see it. How could anyone want Hillary Clinton in office??? I just don't get it. Is it racism??? It's beginning to look more and more like it is. Which doesn't say much for all those "left leaning" democrats spouting all this nonsense about Obama (I thought that was the right wing's job???). How about the Bosnia lie that she's been caught in. "I was tired" is such a blatant lie that you simply cannot believe it even if your a diehard Clinton supporter. Look, nobody's perfect. Obama is NOT some kind of messiah. In the long run and in a perfect world you democrats would have already selected him to be the nominee (WHAT'S TAKING YOU PEOPLE!!!) but alas we do not live in a perfect world. I'm just hoping against hope that the same country who elected George W. Bush for a second term despite the most mismanaged and never-should-of-been-waged war since Vietnam is not the same country to elect either Hillary Clinton or John McCain.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:32 PM   #13
Blue Crack Distributor

If you want more of us to engage in debate with you, you might also want to stop this whole "YOU PEOPLE" thing.

Regardless of whether or not I agree with the points you're making, it's really farking annoying and makes me not even want to bother reading whatever you're talking about.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:40 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
If you want more of us to engage in debate with you, you might also want to stop this whole "YOU PEOPLE" thing.

Regardless of whether or not I agree with the points you're making, it's really farking annoying and makes me not even want to bother reading whatever you're talking about.
Exactly. This type of condescension is only going to turn people away, even those who may agree with you.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:48 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
Exactly. This type of condescension is only going to turn people away, even those who may agree with you.
I was starting to lean Obama

but after all that