...and just when you thought Jerry Falwell couldn't sink any lower... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 10-24-2001, 07:01 PM   #16
Local Time: 12:54 AM
'Sorry to say that you were lost'.

Thats alright, I didn't really believe you when you said that, anyway. I don't think I'm lost, and the moment someone tells me the opposite I tell them that it must be difficult to hear when their heads are stuck up their rear-ends.

Still, having said that, what DO YOU mean with that sweeiping statement? Are you agreeing with all this, and hence think that we are all 'damned' if we don't believe it too? Please explain your statement. I am almost too keen to pounce on your argument, but I am forced to confess that I do not know what you mean.

Old 10-24-2001, 07:10 PM   #17
love, blood, life
Local Time: 08:54 PM
Anyone can be called "Reverend." In fact, you don't need any education at all. I can become a reverend if I so very wish.

And, you know, maybe I will.

"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Old 10-24-2001, 07:51 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 06:54 PM
"Reverend" Melon:

I've noticed that too. It seems that anyone who runs for political office in Birmingham, Alabama has the title "Reverend" before their name, yet if you read their bios, their professions are "school teacher," "insurance" or some other secular profession, but no mention of what church they preach at, if any.

I've often wondered where "Reverend" Al Sharpton preaches.

~U2Alabama (not eve a deacon or diaconal minister)
Old 10-24-2001, 11:05 PM   #19
Blue Crack Distributor
I DO NOT agree with Rev Falwell's thinking. His thinking that if you are gay, pro abortion, or any liberal thinking that you are damned to hell, or a lost soul. My religion teaches unconditional love by God. In no way am I fundamentalist or think that way.
Old 10-24-2001, 11:08 PM   #20
Local Time: 08:54 PM
thanks for clarifying, tiny dancer. it was confusing as you worded it.

~whortense wiffin
walla walla, washington
Old 10-26-2001, 01:34 PM   #21
The Fly
One of my best friends, named Patti Haney, has a voice that can easily compete with that of Sandi Patty. She had a good shot at being on the 700 Club. However, they told her that, in order to be on there, she had to lose weight!! She basically told them that if they don't like the way she looks, then they can do without her.

That turned me off of the 700 Club/Jerry Falwell. Almost 20 years later, he is still making an idiot of himself. And like father like son. Looks like his son is following in his footsteps. They do make Christians in general look bad to those who generalize all Christians by what they see on TV.

That comparison of Jerry Falwell to the Taliban is a good one!!!

As for donating money...he sure ain't getting mine!! I've already donated to the Red Cross, so there!

"You're dangerous...'cause you're honest"

[This message has been edited by MysteryGirl (edited 10-26-2001).]