And Fuck Rush Limbaugh while I'm at it here:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kellyahern said:
The one heartwarming thing about this is to see how many people, conservatives included, think Rush is an idiot.

I love you guys :hug: :wink:.

I was just gonna say that:happy: I was glad to see so many people sticking up for the bman:love:

nbcrusader said:
I don't know which is dumber - Limbaugh's comments, or the predictable lib-rul response.

Half-assed conservative apologies after they've put their foot in their mouths take the cake.

Melon

limbaugh got exactly what he wanted. Attention. :|

But he's still a fucking idiot.

Rush should never have said anything about this. Instead, this jealous rat bastard decided to personally attack the biggest rock star in the world, a man who has done more good for mankind than many heads of state. Is anyone really surprised he retracted it, too? He has made a career out of being wrong. It's nothing new.

Oh, one more thing: Go fuck yourself, Rush!

I don't think you could get a more polar opposite person to Bono than Rush Limbaugh. They literally seem to stand for the exact opposite things.

I wonder if some fans care more than Bono? Not knowing really anyone here, Rush Limbaugh, or Bono personally, it is hard to say. But I do wonder!

:hmm:

The media build people up to knock them down. I think this is just another example of that.

Angela Harlem said:
I wonder if some fans care more than Bono? Not knowing really anyone here, Rush Limbaugh, or Bono personally, it is hard to say. But I do wonder!

:hmm:

Probably, but at the same time, what Rush said was a bit different that mocking or attacking someone for their political views, or just calling someone stupid. That was like an attack on Bono's character (at least to me). Even though it's probably not true and we all know Rush is a jackass...how would you feel if you were Bono, and your kids caught word from their friends or whatever that Rush was blabbing shit like that about their dad? I dunno, if I were Bono I'd be pretty damn pissed. I guess to me it's just different than people picking on Bono for meeting with the Pope, Bush, and other "uncool" people like that. It's disturbing that Rush felt like stooping to the level of bringing the entire family into it just to get his kicks.

I dont disagree with the quality of what Rush said, at all. It's his problem as he said it. I'm not going to get up in arms on Bono's behalf though, as he might very well be sniggering at the ludicrousy of his statements, who knows?

The guy just can't accept he's never going to be accepted in the mainstream. Apparently he has the same entitlement complex he rails against.

BonosSaint said:
The guy just can't accept he's never going to be accepted in the mainstream. Apparently he has the same entitlement complex he rails against.

That may be a matter of perspective. For all the garbage, he gets high ratings - far higher than attemps by the left in radio. Perhaps the "mainstream" might not be where you expect.

He has full and total acceptance by a large niche of people. He just can't accept that he has little relevance outside of that niche.
Very few people outside of talk radio, which has from its very inception (at least since the early 70's) been the gathering point for the right wing, give his opinion much weight. Perhaps, what I meant to say is he feels entitled to acceptance and honor beyond the right wing. (And he doesn't have honor and acceptance in the total right, either).

I listen to Rush sometimes, because I spend a little time listening to anyone who has some influence. I like to study pop culture and I find Limbaugh a part of pop culture. So I have a fairly good hearing of him. I listen to his name-dropping, his self-importance, his neediness. (Actually I could be describing Bono here.:wink: )
and know this is a man who actually believed his influence was going to stretch further than it has. Hence his entitlement complex.

And I agree with you, the liberals on talk radio are a fucking bore.
So while I appreciate your argument there, I think if you listen to this forum, you will find among the liberals here (or left leaning moderates--which I know many conservatives describe either as flaming liberals or wishy washy puppets incapable of making a decision--see I know Rush well enough to know he does not believe there is such a thing as a moderate) are greatly dissatisfied with the leadership and the spokespeople of the left.
And if I can generalize (with full awareness that I am generalizing)
the left get their talking points, but they are not so specific that they get their talking points from an identifiable source. Too often when I hear the rightwingers I know argue, the argument is often directly (almost word for word) Rush's exact analysis. I would hold my amusement back politely, but since I had listened to the same program, I recognized the words.

I did not hear Limbaugh's words on Bono, because I find it a little less amusing to listen to him since he compared Abu Grabh to a frat party and encouraged soldiers to wear Club Gitmo wear, comparing Gitmo to Club Med and then posting soldiers wearing the teeshirts/sweatshirts on his website. I began to see him as potentially dangerous then, rather than annoyingly amusing.
I'm not overly concerned with his words on Bono, because they are just nasty and I am used to him substituting nastiness and ridicule for cogent argument. (PS, a charge I also level at many liberals, also. Although I think many of the right are nastier only because they have a wonderful forum to be irresponsible, a forum that the left has not been able to crack. Should they ever crack it, I have great faith in their ability to equally descend to this level. Now they are generally restricted to snide remarks and somewhat elitist tones of voice. Not much cogent argument there either).

OK, done rambling. I have a couple of days off and I am bored.

nbcrusader said:

That may be a matter of perspective. For all the garbage, he gets high ratings - far higher than attemps by the left in radio. Perhaps the "mainstream" might not be where you expect.

it's true. Rush does a great job of helping straight, white, heterosexual men feel oppressed by numerous boogeymen. 10-15 million listeners find his coded victim speech very compelling.

he's terrific at what he does, no question.

mdw3935 said:
^^^^
I second that!!! He is full of hot air and piss.

...and illegaly purchased pain killers.

Love it.

For Rush to choose Bono as his target was simply stupid. Had he chosen a known adulterer and philanderer in rock and roll such as let's say Mick Jagger, that is one thing.

To choose someone in rock and roll that has been married for 23 years, and has 4 kids with his ONLY wife is something else. What if what he had said trickled down to Bono's oldest daughters, who understand what all this means. How dare he. How dare he even put that idea into their minds.

Forget his on air crap - Bono deserves, Bono's family deserves a better apology from him, even if he is simply a sack of shit.

People in the media should not be allowed to say whatever the hell they please - there should be repercussions for what he has said.

Hee. Yah. We are getting a little..vicious. I'll admit I don't /like/ Rush, so I'll verbally flay him any chance I get.
In retrospectr, the comment is fairly comical, you know? The /worst/ you can say is that he's got a mistress? Pretty funny. Just goes to show U2 is squeaky clean.
Dude -- Does Ali never freakin' /age/? Jeez. She looks the same as she did in the 80's. Im jealous. Really, really jealous. Somebody should find out what her secret is.:p

nbcrusader said:
I don't know which is dumber - Limbaugh's comments, or the predictable lib-rul response.

i hardly think you need to be a flaming "lib-rul" in order to be disgusted that someone would publically spread a rumour about another person's marriage based, by their own admission, on no evidence whatsoever. i would hope liberals and conservatives alike could condemn such behaviour.

Here's the great thing about U2 guys. I can listen to "A Man and A Woman" or "Mysterious Ways" and know that Bono loves his wife, and knows about true love. I take the song over Rush's "source." In addition, I can listen to "Crumbs From Your Table" or "Bullet the Blue Sky" and learn more about the world than from listening to Rush.

Tennis05 said:
In addition, I can listen to "Crumbs From Your Table" or "Bullet the Blue Sky" and learn more about the world than from listening to Rush.

Hell you can listen to a Wiggles song and learn more about the world than from listening to that blowhard.

Back
Top Bottom