An Update on The ONE Campaign

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Hello and Happy Holidays!

This is the season when we remember those less fortunate. Together as ONE we can join our voices in support of those suffering from hunger, poverty and disease.

Thanks to each ONE of you, Americans are speaking up like never before to fight global AIDS and poverty. Since The ONE Campaign began in May, more than 100,000 of you have signed up to participate at meet-ups, rallies, and days of action around the country.

Recently actor Brad Pitt also joined The ONE Campaign and traveled through Africa on a “listening and learning expedition” to learn more about AIDS and poverty. You can watch Brad talk about his trip with OPRAH on her show this Thursday, December 23rd. The show will include exclusive photos from his trip, so check your local listings and please tune in!

2005 holds much promise and we are counting on you – and your friends -- to help. To stay in touch with us please visit the new ONE campaign website with updated design, information, and tools to help you get more involved.

ONE by ONE our voices make a difference and thanks to you, our leaders are taking notice. We are looking forward to 2005 when we will have many opportunities to let them know now is the time to do more to fight poverty, hunger and diseases like AIDS, TB, and Malaria around the world.

Thank you and have a wonderful holiday season.

Paul Dioguardi
National Coordinator, The ONE Campaign

P.S.- This holiday season take ONE minute to help fight global AIDS and poverty. Help us build The ONE Campaign by telling a friend today!

Brad Pitt will talk about his recent trip to South Africa on behalf of The ONE Campaign TODAY on Oprah's show.

Please tune in and watch this hour of what will be a very touching and moving program - a program that will touch you enough to move you to JOIN The ONE Campaign so that next year we can give those in Africa suffering from extreme poverty and the AIDS pandemic a happier Holiday Season! :up:

Here is a link to Brad's recent trip to SA with DATA:

http://www.theonecampaign.org

Thank You and a more Peaceful and Fair World for ALL in 2005.:hug:

Thanks for posting this, Jam! I'm sorry I missed the show cause I didn't read this in time.

I implore everyone to check out the ONE campaign website...it takes no time at all to sign the petition and join in :heart:

I slept in and got called in to work. Maybe you'll forgive me for it, after all I did sign The One Campaign petition. It's nice to see Brad Pitt get involved in this stuff.

Thanks for the interest, my friends.

But wouldn't be great if we could increase our ranks - even here at Interference?

It is good to see Macfistowannabe in the house - I encourage you to continue to increase your knowledge and involvement in Global AIDS and antipoverty organizations. :hug:

Here's the latest from The ONE Camapign on the tsunami disaster:

Dear Friend,

As we all know, parts of Asia and Africa were hit with a series of tsunamis last week. In the wake of the devastation, The ONE Campaign partners have responded with aid as quickly and effectively as possible. The ONE Campaign’s presence is being felt where it is needed most.

Our partners are in India, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Somalia, and other affected areas. Some of the projects already underway include distributing emergency rations of food, water, medicine, and clothing, operating camps for the survivors, and planning for the long term rebuilding of these ravaged nations. To learn more about what our partners are doing, or to find out what you can do to help, please click here:

http://www.theonecampaign.org/tsunami.php

Through the assistance of the international community and the tremendous outpouring of support from people like you, we will help rebuild shattered communities and do all that we can to help those affected by this disaster, without compromising the fight against global AIDS and extreme poverty.

As with the longer-term fight against AIDS and poverty, success requires commitment from individuals and private groups as well as governments. It requires ONE voice, ONE call, ONE action: Yours.

Sincerely,

The ONE Campaign

While we work to help the people of SE Asia recover from the tsunami disaster, let's not forget our responsibility to help end extreme poverty and misery in other parts of our world. :yes:

An update from The ONE Campaign dated today with a reminder for the Bush Administration:

Dear Friend,

Yesterday, George W. Bush was inaugurated for his second term as President of the United States. In his inaugural address, he spoke of America’s ideal of freedom – a world in which "citizens find the dignity and security of economic independence, instead of laboring on the edge of subsistence."

President Bush has made great progress and made big promises in the fight against global AIDS and extreme poverty during his first four years. In his speech today, the president reminded the world that in America’s ideal of freedom, "liberty for all does not mean independence from one another." Liberty "relies on men and women who look after a neighbor and surround the lost with love."

These are the right goals for America. To fulfill them we need the president to keep his commitment in his upcoming budget of $5 billion for the the Millennium Challenge – a new initiative that promotes the very ideals he articulated today -- poverty reduction, good governance, democracy, and human dignity in the poorest countries.

Let President Bush hear your voice. Stand with us by signing The ONE Campaign declaration. If you have already signed, please pass this e-mail along to others who care about the fight against global AIDS and extreme poverty.

http://www.theONEcampaign.org

The United States is making progress, but we need to continue to push our leaders to robustly fund key accounts used in the fight against AIDS and extreme poverty. As George Bush begins his second term, we will continue to push for fair trade, debt cancellation, fighting corruption and directing an additional one percent of the U.S. budget toward meeting the basic needs of the poorest people.

Please add your voice to the 100,000 strong, and make sure President Bush and Congress know that they must continue to do all they can to ensure that the poorest people of the world overcome AIDS and extreme poverty by signing The ONE Campaign declaration:

http://www.theONEcampaign.org

Sincerely,

The ONE Campaign Team
---------------------------------------------

Let's continue to remind President Bush and Congress of its commitment, signed into law, to fully fund Global AIDS and anti-poverty measures!

I NEED SOMETHING OTHER....:yes:

For those of you most compassionate about it, I encourage you to write your president and congresssional leaders thoughtfully.

Back
Top Bottom