An interesting upcoming debate. Who do you think will win?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who will win the debate, Lurch or Chubby Cheeks?

• Kerry

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Newt

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • None, there both losers

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • I dont care

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bull, humans are obviously bitch-slapping Gaia into submission; we will always survive - the rest, not so much.

A_Wanderer said:
Bull, humans are obviously bitch-slapping Gaia into submission; we will always survive - the rest, not so much.

"The earth does not belong to man; man belongs to the earth. All things are connected like the blood that unites one family.
Man did not weave the web of life; he is merely a strand in it.
Whatever he does to the web he does to himself."

"Only after the last tree has been cut down;
Only after the last fish has been caught;
Only after the last river has been poisoned;
Only then will you realize
that money cannot be eaten"

Well, chalk one up for the environmental movement on the global warming front -- now even Newt Gingrich, of all people, admits that it's a serious problem that needs to be fixed:

Kerry and Gingrich Hugging Trees -- and (Almost) Each Other
___

By Dana Milbank
The Washington Post
Wednesday, April 11, 2007; A02

Yesterday's global-warming debate between John Kerry and Newt Gingrich was, as the moderator put it, "advertised as a smack-down and a prizefight." But those labels were too modest for Kerry.

"Welcome to our environmental version of the Lincoln-Douglas debates," the former Democratic presidential nominee told the crowd in the Russell Caucus Room. "We flipped a coin, and I picked Lincoln."

But something funny happened on the way to 1858. Gingrich, a former Republican House speaker, refused to play Douglas to Kerry's Lincoln, instead positioning himself as a tree-hugging green.

Before Kerry got a word in, Gingrich conceded that global warming is real, that humans have contributed to it and that "we should address it very actively." Gingrich held up Kerry's new book, "This Moment on Earth," and called it "a very interesting read." He then added a personal note about saving vulnerable species from climate change. "My name, Newt, actually comes from the Danish Knut, and there's been a major crisis in Germany over a polar bear named Knut," he confided.

The warm and fuzzy Gingrich surprised Kerry, who jettisoned prepared remarks that accused the former speaker of "marching in lock step with the climate-change deniers." Instead, Kerry found himself saying: "I've always enjoyed every dialogue he and I have ever had." He added that "your statement is very, very important" and gushed: "I frankly appreciate the candor."

The debate ended. They shook hands. Kerry put an arm around Gingrich. Gingrich put an arm around Kerry. For a brief but terrifying moment, they appeared to be on the verge of a hug.

[/edit]

I thought it was interesting. It injected "economics" into a debate that's primarily centered around "science." After all, there's nothing wrong with wanting to see the bill before taking out your wallet is there? Unless, of coarse, you're being robbed.

But I would still like to see this debate.

Michael "State of Fear" Crichton vs. Al "The Prophet" Gore.

Never happen.

INDY500 said:
After all, there's nothing wrong with wanting to see the bill before taking out your wallet is there? Unless, of coarse, you're being robbed..

does this apply to the bottomless pit
of no-bid contracts going to Iraq?

Last edited:
deep said:
does this apply to the bottomless pit
of no-bid contracts going to Iraq?

No, because Bush knows best, and the only people who want to know are "the terrorists." And we don't want "the terrorists" to win, now do we?

Back
Top Bottom