An email from my friend Barry , - Jesus loves me...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
below is an email I received from a friend

He sent it out to a large group of movers and shakers in affluent, conservative Newport Beach

he is a better person than me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajBR0dq0XXk

This is a trailer for a movie documentary created and sponsored by a
member of our church: St. Mark Presbyterian, in Newport Beach. Some of
you will not like it; but our church thinks it reflects the real love
and compassion of Christianity......

Barry

it feels so weird to know that people hate me.

it really does.

i still don't get it. but it's good that good people out there are making films like this.

"There is nothing wrong with a fifth grade understanding of God, as long as you are in the fifth grade." :D

Vincent Vega said:
"There is nothing wrong with a fifth grade understanding of God, as long as you are in the fifth grade." :D

I liked that too.

That line was my favorite as well...

I hope this thread isn't an indication of how this film will get ignored, but my guess is that it is.

Well it's not really possible to discuss a movie if people haven't seen it. You can't do much with a YouTube clip. I doubt it will play in mainstream theaters or even outside of major cities.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Well it's not really possible to discuss a movie if people haven't seen it. You can't do much with a YouTube clip. I doubt it will play in mainstream theaters or even outside of major cities.

I know what you're saying, but we discuss intent and concepts of movies in here all the time before release.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I know what you're saying, but we discuss intent and concepts of movies in here all the time before release.

Of course, you're right about that. I haven't been able to watch the clip so I don't feel I can give an opinion about it. Maybe some people don't feel they can say enough about it from just that clip, that's all I was trying to say.

Has anyone seen For The Bible Tells Me So?

I read an article in last week's People( the one w/ Owen Wilson on the cover) about a woman whose daughter committed suicide-she started a group called TEACH Ministries. She is featured in the movie.

Maybe it will be out on DVD soon

1) It's an abomination to eat shrimp?!?!?! I'm totally going to hell.

2) Hate is scary in any form.

3) Little kids singing is freaky.

4) The "Reverend" Fred Phelps protested a production of The Laramie Project that I directed and sent a fax saying that I, as well as my cast and my school administrators, were fag enablers and going to hell. We even got a political cartoon written about our show. It is one of the highlights of my career.

5) I don't think I could watch the whole movie.

6) What's with the reviews? Heartwarming? Which parts? I think they need to specify.

Glancing at the official site for the film, it doesn't look as though there's any DVD planned as of yet, and showings appear to be by appointment only--there's a list of places which have shown or will be showing it, which seem to be a mix of independent small theatres, churches and a few colleges. They don't seem to have 'distribution' per se, which unfortunately severely limits the likely potential audience size.

Back
Top Bottom