An Attempt At Levity - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2006, 09:33 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:43 AM
Life Is Beautiful is the perfect choice

And you are lovely too miss dandy not that I agree that I'm lovely but you know what I mean..

Old 04-10-2006, 03:54 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

I have some, I hope you don't mind yolland

1. Have you been successful so far in any of your New Years Resolutions, if you made any?

2. Name a quote you read/heard recently that has stayed in your mind

3. Do you judge people by the friends they have, the company they keep?

4. "emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
none but ourselves can free our minds" -what is your definition of mental slavery?

5. What things that other people do to you hurt you the most?

6. When you make mistakes in any sort of relationships with other people, do you shrug it off easily or does it haunt you/do you obsess on it? Do you learn from those mistakes or do you keep repeating them?

7. When someone is emotionally vulnerrable with you- really bares their soul and trusts you with private thoughts and emotions, do you embrace that or does it scare you off?

8. Is your glass half full or half empty?

9. What would you like written on your tombstone? What songs do you want at your funeral if you want one?

10. What was the last thing that made you cry?

Old 04-10-2006, 04:58 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:43 AM
1. Have you been successful so far in any of your New Years Resolutions, if you made any? I didn't make any because I knew I'd forget them.

2. Name a quote you read/heard recently that has stayed in your mind. "I will vote against the marriage amendment in November, and I urge other Virginians to vote against it as well,” Governor Kaine said. (talking about voting against the gay marriage ban)

3. Do you judge people by the friends they have, the company they keep? In some instances yes.

none but ourselves can free our minds" -what is your definition of mental slavery? Being closed minded, arrogant...listening to no one but yourself.

5. What things that other people do to you hurt you the most? It's not really intentional...but when my friends are with their boyfriends and they're being all lovie dovie and I'm left out...it hurts a lot.

6. When you make mistakes in any sort of relationships with other people, do you shrug it off easily or does it haunt you/do you obsess on it? Do you learn from those mistakes or do you keep repeating them? I generally shrug it off, and I definitely learn.

7. When someone is emotionally vulnerrable with you- really bares their soul and trusts you with private thoughts and emotions, do you embrace that or does it scare you off? I absolutely embrace it.

8. Is your glass half full or half empty? Half full.

9. What would you like written on your tombstone? What songs do you want at your funeral if you want one? "She did well and she did good." I've made it known I want '40' played.

10. What was the last thing that made you cry? I don't cry very often...I came close to crying last night during West Wing
Old 04-10-2006, 06:44 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:43 AM
1. Well, I'm keeping my New Year's emailing resolution.
Of course, I've been having a good time with it. Have
not been to a pro hockey game yet.
2. Can't think of too many recent quotes (although if you
count the dialogue between Alan Shore and Denny Crane
). But an old quote from John Lennon. He responded
to all the hoopla about the Love Story quote: "Love means
never having to say you're sorry," with the infinitely truer
"Love means having to say you're sorry every five minutes."
That stuck with me.
3. The company they keep is one of the factors I use
when considering a person.
4. Mental slavery is believing what you are told over what
you see. I also consider not questioning your own judgment
a form of mental slavery.
5. If you're a stranger to me, it is difficult for me to be hurt and
I choose my friends well. But I have a few trigger issues.
Being disregarded, maybe the most.
6. If I screw up with someone I am close with, it will trouble
me and is not easy to shrug off. If I screw up with someone
I don't know well, I'll try to make amends. If the amends
aren't accepted, I'll shrug it off. It'll usually take me several
times to learn...but eventually I do.
7. If someone is emotionally vulnerable with me, I am
uncomfortable. I've learned to be less uncomfortable
(See above) but embracing it is not my nature (or my
strength). But if someone can show a sense of humor while
being vulnerable, I'm halfway there.
8. Glass is half empty (and a wonderful quote by a local talk
show host--"I'm always looking to see who's been drinking
out of it.")
9. Tombstone: "She tried" Song: tossup between "Expecting
to Fly" or "Nowadays Clancy Can't Even Sing."
10. Tears from laughter? Lamb--The Gospel According to Biff,
Christ's Childhood Pal." And I am embarassingly prone to
get a lump in my throat during really stupid, manipulative
tearjerking moments in movies, books, etc. I get so pissed
at myself afterwards. Last real cry I had was when my cat
got run over. Other than that, unless I am frustrated or
angry, I don't cry much at all.

Great freakin' questions, Mrs. S.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:46 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Re: An Attempt At Levity

I'm procrastinating at the moment, so I'm going to attempt both.

1) Which FYMer would you most like to tag along with through a typical day? (nothing voyeuristic here --I mean just to see them in their element)

Irvine

2) If you could invite any 3 historical or contemporary figures over for dinner, who would they be?

Joseph Kennedy, Jesus, Johnny Depp

3) What one place on earth would you most like to visit and why?

New Zealand...cheesy music and all, the travel ad I just saw for it on TV brought a tear to my eye. Almost. Looks beautiful.

4) What is your earliest memory?

Seeing my dad cry when his grandma died.

5) Who is/was the bravest person you ever knew and why?

Haven't met one yet, I hope that doesn't come off wrong. (If we're talking people you've met more than once briefly)

6) What were the best and worst books you read in the last year? (last few if you're not a big reader)

worst- Whirligig, Speak (some of those books they make you read at school), the first 100 pages of A Million Little Pieces
best- I enoyed Kite Runner, I haven't read much this year though.

7) What for you is the hardest thing about growing up and growing older?

ermm can I get back to you on that? Honestly nothing yet, at this point for me.

8) What's your idea of the perfect meal?

Burgers at my best friend's house.

9) Describe the type of community you'd most like to live in.

A city. Pretty much anywhere I could live without a car, and where they actually have those miraculous little things called Sidewalks.

10) What everyday skill most makes you feel like an idiot because you just can't seem to get it right?

I always forget to break the Ramen noodles up while they're still in the bag.

11) What's your most valued possession? (not counting people)

My simba stuffed animal I got when I was 3...he's always been there for me, I've pretty much gnawed his tail off over the years and he never complains.

12) What were the best and worst movies you ever saw?

worst- Date Movie
best- I've always liked As Good As It Gets...I'm so critical of movies though, it's honestly hard for me to think of ones that I consider to be more than "pretty good."

13) What was the last thing that made you laugh really hard?

A cartoon my friend drew me of a hypothetical showdown between Chuck Norris and my mysterious landlord with a very interesting single-word name.

14) If you could take a year off from work or school to study one subject of your choice in depth, what would it be? (doesn't have to be anything academic)

Cooking (sudden inspiration)

15) What are your most and least favorite things about your job or school?

(school)
-worst: boring subjects, lecturing teachers, preaching idiots, busywork, too long, the frustration of wasting my precious life away
-best: friends...umm...it's a very nice building.

16) What's the worst advice anyone ever gave you?

"Just try talking to her"

17) What was your all-time favorite FYM thread?

Pretty much any of the "ask a..." threads.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:08 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

1. Have you been successful so far in any of your New Years Resolutions, if you made any?

Didn't make any. I'm perfect, dammit!

Driving by a mega-church getting yet another extension or building added on, we see a bunch of construction workers. My sarcastic little brother puts on a completely earnest face and says "wow, they're really doing the work of the Lord!" Funniest kid ever, well I got a laugh out of it.

Often yeah...I know it's wrong to, but in most cases I seem to come to the right conclusions anyway.

none but ourselves can free our minds" -what is your definition of mental slavery?

Allowing people or events to determine the type of person you become. Continuing unhealthy cycles, resenting people.

Conditional love.

6. When you make mistakes in any sort of relationships with other people, do you shrug it off easily or does it haunt you/do you obsess on it? Do you learn from those mistakes or do you keep repeating them?

It bugs me a lot, but I tend to repeat them anyway.

7. When someone is emotionally vulnerrable with you- really bares their soul and trusts you with private thoughts and emotions, do you embrace that or does it scare you off?

I like that...I often have to restrain myself from asking too many questions because I like to know why people feel the way they do, it makes it easier to talk to them or sympathize with them.

Depends on the day.

9. What would you like written on your tombstone? What songs do you want at your funeral if you want one?

I don't want a tombstone I don't think...at my funeral I want them to play "Ego Tripping at the Gates of Hell" by the Flaming Lips.

Myself I guess...just thinking too much about things I thought I was past.

[/B][/QUOTE]
Old 04-11-2006, 09:20 AM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

I'll answer my own

Yes, I stopped biting my nails. As a lifelong nail biter that was huge for me. Haven't been successful in any other resolutions unfortunately.

the quote from Genesis that is on Dr. King's memorial plaque at the Lorraine Motel "they said to one another behold here cometh the dreamer, let us slay him and we shall see what will become of his dreams"

Yes, if I have a high opinion of someone and learn they are friends with someone I have a really low opinion of, that makes me wonder about them and why they are friends with someone like that. If you don't know a person well, who they are friendly with can tell you so much about them. One thing I really cannot stand is people who can't see the flaws in their friends and who are blindly loyal. Also people who will dislike you just because their friends do. People who sell out their souls just to be popular with their little group. Stuff like that.

My definition would include "one hit wonders"-people who are so set in their ways of thinking that they are convinced they are always right, who constantly play the same tune and who refuse to think outside their self created box. Also people who label others and think they know who they are just because they hold certain beliefs and have certain affiliations. That can happen in everyday life, on a message board, whatever. Being wedded to certain ideas and refusing to even consider the alternative. I think being a slave to your ego is the highest form of mental slavery. Allowing yourself to be defined by any one thing.

when people act like they like me then discard me like trash, people who can't deal with my emotions/my emotional honesty, people who are emotionally abusive, when people refuse to make an effort and your relationship with them is all one sided, when people refuse to admit they have hurt me

I obsess on it, I try to learn but too often I repeat those mistakes. I blame myself rather than others too, when many times I shouldn't.

7. When someone is emotionally vulnerable with you- really bares their soul and trusts you with private thoughts and emotions, do you embrace that or does it scare you off?

I embrace it, I love it-especially in a man..too hard to find, that is

honestly half empty

At peace now with God, something like that. 40, Thunder Road, Ave Maria

being under two tornado watches and thinking I could die in that way