An arrested terrorist trying to rent a car?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
Kansas City man mistaken for alleged 9/11 terrorist
Thursday, April 22, 2004 Posted: 8:22 AM EDT (1222 GMT)

KANSAS CITY, Missouri (AP) -- All Ryan Allen wanted was a Chevrolet Cavalier.

Instead, a computer lent him a brand new identity as one of the alleged masterminds of the September 11 terrorist attacks.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Midwest/04/22/identity.mistake.ap/index.html

This poor guy.

I REALLY feel bad for this guy...if someone else is using your SSN but not doing anything with it i.e. obtaining credit or collecting benefits, its virtually impossible to get the government to do anything about it.

Someone has been using my number for 15 years...I have her name, adress and phone number but can't get her removed from my account. I even resorted to calling her husband and threatening legal action...no luck. My 16 year old son was recently denied his learner's permit at DMV because someone else's name showed up on his SSN records and I was given the same old line by Social Security...unless they obtain credit or collect benefits, we can do nothing about.

And the real kicker is their (SS Adminstration) attitude of "it must have been an honest mistake." I guess they want to pretend that phony cards can't bought for $20 and its usually done with an easy to remember, sequential number. It has nothing to with the person they steal the number from but its identity theft nonethless.

You would think that when a suspected terrorist was using someone elses number, it would be corrected without question but I guess that's wishful thinking. :|

Last edited:
LOL headache...this has been going on long before Bush and the Patriot Act. Only now the consequences of mistaken identities are much more serious. SSA needs to get their heads out of their asses and do something about this.

I verify identities via Social Security numbers as part of my job and the number of people I see with a name other than their own on their reports is ridiculous.

I wonder if anyone has my number. :hmm:

I mistakenly used the wrong number for years because my card was locked in a safe, and I couldn't read my dad's handrwriting where he'd written the number down for me. When I finally got my card (I think I was a junior or senior in high school), I realized I'd been putting the wrong number on everything for years. :uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom