American Taliban soldier

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Danospano:
I guess I'm going to get accosted by Melon and DoctorGonzo now, huh?

Meh...

We agree on a lot, just not everything, and I word things differently.

~melon

------------------
"Oh no...my brains."

I'm going to end this debate right now. He claims to have information about attacks on america that willt ake place after the holy month of ramadan....he knew that america was the enemy in their Bullshit holy war that they think is somehow a tribute to some god they invented outside the realm of islam. He is no longer a US citizen by definition, he has taken actions against his nation that warrnts the stripping of his passport, he should be tried like any other taliban soldier. If possible with treason...make an example out of this sorry excuse for a human being. When you have knowledge or express glee at the 9/11 attacks or any attack like it...you have resigned your humanity...and thus I say...he should treeated not only cruelly, but unsually.

Originally posted by Hans Moleman:
Meh...
We agree on a lot, just not everything, and I word things differently.
~melon
Ain't that the truth!

Are you suggestioning we abolish everything in the Constitution in the name of this war? I guess the American Dream was only going to work in peaceful state, huh? We've come to THIS, after 200 years of freedom?

Beware of JOHN ASHCROFT!!! BEWAAAARRRREEEE of the smarmy beast!!!!!

Originally posted by Klodomir:

And 80s... I know you were insulted too, but you don't respond in such a manner, which is something I respect.

Hah.. 80's.. I think Klodomir just dropped to his knees in front of you. Kindly remove your head from his ass.. (Ouch.. I just stuck my tongue through my cheek)

We all respond how we respond... I think everyone on this board knows how difficult it is to convey exactly what they mean in intonation and between the lines meanings..

And just one more point.. How much of a bad ass is RUmsfeld.. He was on Larry King live.. He asked rumsfeld abuot the american taliban.. Rumsfeld said something ot the effect of 'He was a taliban soldier, He was carrying a GUn, He was in the riot where an american was killed'.. Larry king responds.. 'so you're making a case'.. to which rumsfeld drops a nice shit on larry's desk by replying 'no.. he made the case'..

Honestly, I've got no sympathy for this guy.. The CIa guys.. spent boat loads of time talking to him.. He's talking now.. but if he had talked when they first talked to him.. then they wouldn't have had to spend so much tim ein that prison, and Spann probably wouldn't have gotten killed...

Yep, they caught an Aussie too. Trained by Al Queada. This one's fun 'cos he's been caught by the Nthn Alliance, fighting with Al Queada against the US, but he's an Australian citizen. They're trying to work out who should kick his arse.

and hes from ADELAIDE geez great advertisement for us yah?
icon30.gif

Are you suggestioning we abolish everything in the Constitution in the name of this war? I guess the American Dream was only going to work in peaceful state, huh? We've come to THIS, after 200 years of freedom?

He wanted a holy war...he can face the consequence as jay leno said...if he wants allah...we can arrange a meeting

rolleyes.gif

well tyler u aint coming here are ya, im goin over there
!

bam, remind me to tell u about some fatalities that have occurred in the course of cricket matches in pakistan in thelast 18 months

Originally posted by Klodomir:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
But I'll always argue with things I vehemently disagree with, so don't take that personally.
I don't. I may disagree with you a lot, but I'm glad you're around. And that's the last nice thing I've said about you this week!
wink.gif

Thanks. I am glad you're around, also. We disagree on some, but agree on others. I guess we've got us a Mutual Admiration Society going.

Beware of JOHN ASHCROFT!!! BEWAAAARRRREEEE of the smarmy beast!!!!!

Back up the train for a second. First, please define the American Dream and for goodness sake, please define what "everything in the Constitution" has to do with the punishment of treason. Then, let's look back in history. Hmm. Is there precedence for punishment of treason in our 200 year history? Off the top of my head, the name Benedict Arnold comes to mind.

It may come as a novel concept, but there does exist this strange notion of the social contract. You know...2 sides to the arrangement between people and the government. The government provides stability, rule of law, and protection from foreign invasion, and in exchange for these things people agree to give up some of their rights (ie. the right to take property that is not theirs, the right to randomly kill someone they don't like, etc.) and "pledge allegiance" to the country in which they live. Now, in a contract situation, when one party breaks the contract, it is now null and void. Ergo, in the case of treason, your citizenship is no longer valid. Therefore, all the rights, responsibilities and protections that are promised to citizens under the law, no longer apply to you because you have opted out of that contract.

Now as to what they will do with this person, I do not know, nor do I care to speculate upon. Should he be given a fair trial? Absolutely. But should he be absolved of his actions? I fail to see how that would be a logical answer.

Finally, I realize you dislike John Ashcroft, but you're starting to sound increasingly shrill and paranoid. Hysterical does not coincide with rational, imho. Nor does it contribute to a serious debate in any way shape or form.

(Danospano imitating Homer Simpson) But I like the word "smarmy". And John Ashcroft IS a smarmy beast. Ohhhhhh! MARGE!!!...Come on....(in a hushed tone)...kiss me...

Back
Top Bottom