American stereotype of Italian men may be wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
joyfulgirl said:
I have never had so many charming and persistent gentlemen pursuing me as I did in Italy, although the Italian I ended up with I met in Peru, lol. Lately I think I will have to leave the country to get a date. :huh:

You said it! :huh:

The European men I've talked to (Polish, Norwegian and Scottish, respectively!) have insisted that I would be very popular in Europe, and I really should go there for romance... :wink:

Maybe you, me and Moonlight Angel could get a package deal??

In my sociology class, one student did her research paper on the American stereotype of Italian men.

I wish she presented earlier in the week, because I would have paid more attention to it. It was interesting, but, as a 4rth quater senior, I was probably taking every oppertunity to get some rest...

Basically, we looked a lot a how the media produces stereotypes and reinforces them in order to sell an image or product. Hypercommidification, so to say. And there was talk about how "reality" becomes reproduced, and even images are reimaged and the real reality is often mislead. I think that is a sort of postmodernism or something.

I kept hoping that writing this post would make me remember her presentation, she was a really nice Itallian girl, too. Terra, her name was.... but I don't remember the key points of her presentation.

:huh:

-------------

now, speaking of being Neanderthalic or however you say it, or chauvenistic, or however you spell either of those words... I'm too preoccupied with many things to check...

I still remember that Terra looks very good in a skirt, and I think she wore a pink skirt on the day of her presenatin. Light pink. Salmon?

Eh, something like that

:hmm: :shrug:
:D

Back
Top Bottom