American soldiers throw living puppy off cliff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know. I mean, it's a puppy. WTF is wrong with people?

talk about a hate crime :(

As horrible as this is, and it is -- it still pales in comparison to the horrors of war that many of these soldiers are submitted to.

MadelynIris said:

As horrible as this is, and it is -- it still pales in comparison to the horrors of war that many of these soldiers are submitted to.
I'm sorry, you don't think this is 10x worse than waterboarding, and deserves its own thread? We don't even know if waterboarding is torture yet, man! We need like, eight more congressional hearings.

Waterboardin' USA! :rockon:

MadelynIris said:
like this for example:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2008/03/04/smith.afghan.one.soldier.story.itn

Canadiens,

What in world are you talking about?

You can't really compare the two. These soldiers joined the military voluntarily knowing full well that they could be sent to war and get injured or killed. They're trained to defend themselves and to kill the enemy. This innocent little puppy can't possibly defend itself or fight back against these soldiers. Our soldiers have seen and suffered awful things for sure, but they have a choice in the matter. This defenseless animal didn't, and those soldiers who participated in this despicable crime should be punished to the fullest extent allowed.:|

You can't really compare the two. These soldiers joined the military voluntarily knowing full well that they could be sent to war and get injured or killed. They're trained to defend themselves and to kill the enemy. This innocent little puppy can't possibly defend itself or fight back against these soldiers. Our soldiers have seen and suffered awful things for sure, but they have a choice in the matter. This defenseless animal didn't, and those soldiers who participated in this despicable crime should be punished to the fullest extent allowed

Yes, human life cannot be compared to a dog.

MadelynIris said:

And yet most of the soldiers will act honourably.

Great points anitram and U2 democrat.

Let's hope the ratio of dog rescues (they've done a lot) is 100x greater than mistreatment.

MadelynIris said:

Yes, human life cannot be compared to a dog.

I agree, yet the point is, these soldiers can defend themselves against attack. They can protect their life. This little puppy could not. In the scheme of things, yes, a human life is of far greater t value than that of an animal. That's not the point here. The point is the life of animal, which still has value, was taken for no reason other than some sick peoples' idea of a good time.

Last edited:
MadelynIris said:

Canadiens,

What in world are you talking about?
Well...
U2isthebest said:
This defenseless animal didn't, and those soldiers who participated in this despicable crime should be punished to the fullest extent allowed.:|
I wish a lot more of my fellow American citizens (I have dual citizenship) had that same attitude toward their country commiting torture, to be honest. It's despicable when it's an animal, but not when it's a brown guy.

:shrug:

U2isthebest said:
I agree, yet the point is, these soldiers can defend themselves against attack. They can protect their life. This little puppy could not. In the scheme of things, yes, a human life is of far greater t value than that of an animal. That's not the point here. The point is the life of animal, which still has value, was taken for no reason other than some sick peoples' idea of a good time.

when they stalked and raped that 14 year old girl (repeatedly)

killed her whole family

and burned her body

I was concern it would escalate

but puppy torture :no:
this is truly unAmerican

have you guys just missed the explosive torture threads here or something? u2isthebest has been quite explicit on her feelings of torture. is it so bad she is consistent with treatment of all species? wtf?

Canadiens1160 said:

I wish a lot more of my fellow American citizens (I have dual citizenship) had that same attitude toward their country commiting torture, to be honest. It's despicable when it's an animal, but not when it's a brown guy.

it is not yet known if this puppy was a Muslim or not.

when they stalked and raped that 14 year old girl (repeatedly)

killed her whole family

and burned her body

I was concern it would escalate

And the two really aren't comparable. The above is soo much more horrid and tragic. I still love puppies, I've had to bury a couple in my lifetime. But I can't imagine the horror.

unico said:
have you guys just missed the explosive torture threads here or something? u2isthebest has been quite explicit on her feelings of torture. is it so bad she is consistent with treatment of all species? wtf?

Thank you. Yeah guys, if you want to search the latest torture thread about waterboarding you'll clearly see that I'm against it. This thread is about a puppy being killed, so why I would bring up the torture situation?:huh:

MadelynIris said:
And the two really aren't comparable. The above is soo much more horrid and tragic.
U2isthebest said:
This thread is about a puppy being killed, so why I would bring up the torture situation?:huh:
Yeah, to be honest this thread almost cracks me up, in a morbid kind of way. After everything else in Iraq and at GITMO...oh my god they're throwing puppies off cliffs, they've gone too far this time!

Canadiens1160 said:

Yeah, to be honest this thread almost cracks me up, in a morbid kind of way. After everything else in Iraq and at GITMO...oh my god they're throwing puppies off cliffs, they've gone too far this time!

you're the only one who has insinuated that. torture threads emerge and get locked every few weeks, mainly because people get fired up about it. how many of those have you engaged in?

Back
Top Bottom