American soldiers throw living puppy off cliff - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2008, 04:20 AM   #106
Refugee

Local Time: 03:43 AM
The problem, of course, is all the bad publicity surrounding Gitmo, Abu Ghraib and "torture" done by American soldiers.

This has conditioned many gullible people to believe that American soldiers throwing live puppies off of cliffs and laughing about it is something to be analyzed and debated, rather than having its authenticity seriously questioned.

There is no excuse for this dumb prank in light of this atmosphere of ill-will toward US soldiers, but that still doesn't let everyone who immediately condemned these two fools as heartless monsters off the hook, either.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:27 AM   #107
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 4U2Play
Sorry to rain on everyone's outrage parade, but that video is a prank.

The puppy is already dead.

Fake whimpers added in after the fact, or done by a solider standing nearby. The scaling is wrong, no Doppler effect.

I'm surprised people fell for this so easily.

OK, please continue with your Two Minutes Hate session...
An actual troll wouldn't reference Orwell, are we so lacking in morons that somebody has to invent one?

Old 03-11-2008, 04:51 AM   #108
Refugee

Hahaha, nice try, but it looks like the joke's on you this time, pal.

You didn't actually believe that video to be what it appeared, did you?

Maybe you'll enjoy this one, too:

Old 03-11-2008, 08:42 AM   #109
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:43 AM
Even if the puppy is dead...it's still a disgusting thing to do.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:43 AM   #110
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by JCOSTER
Members of the army are supposed to protect and defend our country.
What threat to them was that puppy? They certainly didn't protect nor were they defending it. They could have just let be and leave it where it was. Thats basically the bottom line of the whole topic, not which is more cruel.
Winding up seven pages worth of U2 fans and half the internet by throwing a dead puppy off a cliff and filming it might be disgusting, but hardly worth the moral outrage professed by so many herein, would you not agree.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:46 AM   #111
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:43 AM
still pissed that they threw the dead puppy... I am one who still thinks this was a heartless thing to do. still sick IMO..
I mean come on, show some respect and compassion for a helpless animal dead or alive.

and if this was a prank, that was a f**ked up thing to do to people. I mean this story was all over the media including CNN. And does not excuse what they did one bit.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:09 AM   #112
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Wait...do we know for a fact it was a dead puppy? I mean, as opposed to talking out of our ass and saying it was dead?
Old 03-11-2008, 11:16 AM   #113
Refugee

Interesting that some people refuse to admit they were fooled, and believe that their initial reactions are still valid, even though those reactions are based on a misinterpretation of an internet video prank.

The fact that the video was on CNN shows how easily snookered some of our media leaders can be, never mind the general public, which is prone to believing anything. That's a far more interesting subject than chastising bored soldiers for making a crude video that fooled half the world.

One would hope people reserve their bottomless wells of outrage for acts that deserve it.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:18 AM   #114
ONE
love, blood, life

So 4U2Play,since you know all, please let us all know how did the puppy die in the first place?
Old 03-11-2008, 11:19 AM   #115
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan
Wait...do we know for a fact it was a dead puppy? I mean, as opposed to talking out of our ass and saying it was dead?
Wait... why did you not first ask the question of whether the puppy was alive? I mean, as opposed to talking out of our ass for seven pages and saying how evil those soldiers are?
Old 03-11-2008, 11:21 AM   #116
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:43 AM
Quote:
Interesting that some people refuse to admit they were fooled, and believe that their initial reactions are still valid, even though those reactions are based on a misinterpretation of an internet video prank.

The fact that the video was on CNN shows how easily snookered some of our media leaders can be, never mind the general public, which is prone to believing anything. That's a far more interesting subject than chastising bored soldiers for making a crude video that fooled half the world.

One would hope people reserve their bottomless wells of outrage for acts that deserve it.
Way to avoid the question. Consider the sources here: Watching the video on a major news network and getting chastised by someone online who says it is fake. Not that I'm defending the media here, as I rarely watch TV myself, but I don't see what is so horrible about asking you to provide a source.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:24 AM   #117
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by indra
So 4U2Play,since you know all, please let us all know how did the puppy die in the first place?
Aha! Good try, indra. Attempt to insult the person while avoiding the argument. You lose.

I have it on good authority that those soldiers murdered that poor puppy by beating and strangling it first, then tossing it off the cliff.

Hope that satisfies
Old 03-11-2008, 11:28 AM   #118
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by unico
Way to avoid the question. Consider the sources here: Watching the video on a major news network and getting chastised by someone online who says it is fake. Not that I'm defending the media here, as I rarely watch TV myself, but I don't see what is so horrible about asking you to provide a source.
Unico, I would argue that you are avoiding the question.

Can you explain why the puppy does not move at all, and why the audio of its squealing does not match the video of it flying through the air away from the camera?

CNN reports lots of bullshit stories, and this is just another one, in my opinion (surely, we don't need to write "in my opinion" after every comment made here, do we?)
Old 03-11-2008, 11:31 AM   #119
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:43 AM
"Don't believe what you hear, don't believe what you see..."

The visual image doesn't provide the answers that it once did, now that everyone has access to editing software, video and picture don't provide much for answers these days.

I don't know if this is completely real, or completely fake... the soldiers may be the only ones who will only know the whole truth.

There's all kinds of rumors and speculation online these days. Some say he admitted to it by saying the puppy was sick and he wasn't going to carry the puppy 10 miles where it still won't get the care it needed. Some say he did it to have his mentality questioned so he could leave the military, etc etc...

Old 03-11-2008, 11:37 AM   #120
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:43 AM
Quote:

Can you explain why the puppy does not move at all, and why the audio of its squealing does not match the video of it flying through the air away from the camera?

Like I said, we may never know the full truth. But this can be answered quite easily. Why would the puppy move? This is how puppies are held by their mothers when first born, it's a very comforting position for them. And as far as the sound, yes it does look to be edited, but then again we don't see 100% of the surroundings and until we do we really can't say for certainty, for hard surfaces such as these surroundings can do some crazy things with sound depending on shape...