American soldiers throw living puppy off cliff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
4U2Play said:

Can you explain why the puppy does not move at all, and why the audio of its squealing does not match the video of it flying through the air away from the camera?

Like I said, we may never know the full truth. But this can be answered quite easily. Why would the puppy move? This is how puppies are held by their mothers when first born, it's a very comforting position for them. And as far as the sound, yes it does look to be edited, but then again we don't see 100% of the surroundings and until we do we really can't say for certainty, for hard surfaces such as these surroundings can do some crazy things with sound depending on shape...

4U2Play said:

Unico, I would argue that you are avoiding the question.

Can you explain why the puppy does not move at all, and why the audio of its squealing does not match the video of it flying through the air away from the camera?

CNN reports lots of bullshit stories, and this is just another one, in my opinion (surely, we don't need to write "in my opinion" after every comment made here, do we?)

:scratch: What question did you ask me before posting a question in the same post where you accused me of avoiding a question?

No I can't explain anything. But, like I said, let's talk about some sources here. All the speculation and hearsay is just that. Sorry I don't hold the same film credentials as you, but if you wanna talk technicalities, then I admit I can't really make an assessment on the video's validity one way or the other. It is a very interesting angle you made about this topic. I just wish you'd post some sort of source to back it up.

Have you been to Wheta Hann?

4U2Play said:

Aha! Good try, indra. Attempt to insult the person while avoiding the argument. You lose.

I have it on good authority that those soldiers murdered that poor puppy by beating and strangling it first, then tossing it off the cliff.

Hope that satisfies :wink:

And you aren't insulting people? Bullshit.

I asked you a question -- if the puppy was dead when it was picked up and thrown, how did it die? Since you know so much about this incident I was sure you would know the answer to that very simple question.

Obviously they saw an Iraqi murder the poor defenseless puppy and figured "why not have a little fun with the sensitive dog-loving doves back home".

Headache in a Suitcase said:
honeslty, does it have to be "american soldiers throw living puppy off cliff?" as if all american soldiers are doing this? couldn't it just have been "fucking douchebag throws puppy off cliff?"

perhaps it was, and then the title was censored? :wink:

Whether it was dead or alive when thrown off the cliff is irrelevant. It was still a sick thing to do.

However, I will give them credit for one thing: they sure know how to attract attention to themselves. Nothing like animal abuse to make you the center of attention, good or bad. :wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
honeslty, does it have to be "american soldiers throw living puppy off cliff?" as if all american soldiers are doing this? couldn't it just have been "fucking douchebag throws puppy off cliff?"

Ya rly. Using a headline like the one above, they might as well have just said "LOOK, EVERYONE! OUR SOLDIERS ARE A BUNCH OF DOUCHEBAGS WHO EAT PUPPIES! READ ME, DAMMIT!"

American soldier (in this case) throws living puppy (or maybe dead, whoever knows) off cliff

Better title? :wink:

AnnRKeyintheUSA said:
That made me so mad and upset! There is no excuse! Other soldiers are stressed too but some of them have rescued dogs, taken care of them and even brought them home. This guy is sick.

Look here's his myspace. The first one is really him the others are knockoffs by people who hate him:

http://searchservice.myspace.com/in...iteria=david+motari&f_first_name=david+motari

Did you guys read these links? He even admits to killing the pup and says it 'would have died anyway'. He also says that 'we' 'usually just shoot them but I thought I'd get creative." This is from his Mahalo page that is posted on the fake myspace but the Mahalo page was his. (BTW it's kinda scary too how the people who made the fake one put a bullet in his head and said 'somebody do it')

To those of you who think it was already dead: Have you been watching too much "weekend at bernie's?" Dead bodies are not really floppy and poseable. I don't know if you guys have ever seen a real dead puppy but sadly I have :( They go very stiff in a short period of time, and they usually don't die and go rigor mortis in a convenient lifelike position. That puppy is not stiff. He may be sick, or just really trusting, poor little thing. A vet who observed the video said he saw the puppy flinch and the yelps were 'a puppy in distress' not a human making fake noises.

Think about this, even if it was already dead, how did he die? Did they kill it another way? If you come upon a long dead puppy it would be stiff and/or partially collapsed from rotting in the sun. Ever see a run over possum? Come on ppl.

See his admisssion on his own bebo page:

http://www.tosspuppy.com/

Last edited:
Well the USMC has already condemned the video and launched their own investigation. It'd be interesting to see what conclusions they come to. Something about this that I find very scary is how revealing the internet can be. It seems as though almost immediately after the video was leaked people on the internet tracked this guy down. I've read that his family was even threatened. What the hell is the point in all that? Fighting stupidity with stupidity doesn't get anybody anywhere. I wish the stories of the heroic soldiers who have worked with children, pets, etc. got as much publicity. I agree that there should be less focus on this guy's occupation as I personally think it is irrelevant. This oaf has probably done the same sort of things on his homeland.

I think that's why 4U2Play fled the scene once he started getting asked what he was actually basing this on.

So far nothing has been proven 100% either way, the only thing we can say for certainty is that's it's pretty sick.

And if anyone got "snookered" it wasn't just CNN, I guess the Marines did too...

Last edited:
Hi Fans,

Actually, I had to go to work, not "fleeing the scene", sorry to disappoint you, BVS (talk about condescending.. hahah, brother, you take the cake ).

Like the rest of you, I based my opinion on the video itself. It looks like a fake to me. I posted my opinion and explained why I thought it was fake. Others elsewhere back up this opinion, though no one here at Interference had yet, which I found odd. This video has been around for over a week and not one person here every questioned its validity.

The rest of the supposedly "rude and condescending" retorts were in response to similarly rude and consdescending counterpoints that were personally insulting and not relevant to the arguments I put forth (just look at the last three comments above)

U2 fans posting comments about how those soldiers "should be thrown off the cliff" based on a videoclip that looks fake prompted my original response. These other comments about my intelligence or politeness quotients are interesting only in so far as they maybe say something unkind about the people making these remarks, and are rather rude and condescending in themselves.

But, I expected to get flamed a bit by those who insist on believing that the video is legit. No surprise there. Free Your Mind is not for the overly sensitive, I've found. Interesting, though, that some have tried to switch the topic here to me personally instead of the accuracy of the videotape. Perhaps a populist move, but not a sensible debate tactic.

I hope I defended myself adequately. If not, please continue with your hostile comments, they're entertaining, if nothing else. :wink:

4U2Play said:
Hi Fans,

Actually, I had to go to work, not "fleeing the scene", sorry to disappoint you, BVS (talk about condescending.. hahah, brother, you take the cake ).

Like the rest of you, I based my opinion on the video itself. It looks like a fake to me. I posted my opinion and explained why I thought it was fake. Others elsewhere back up this opinion, though no one here at Interference had yet, which I found odd. This video has been around for over a week and not one person here every questioned its validity.

The rest of the supposedly "rude and condescending" retorts were in response to similarly rude and consdescending counterpoints that were personally insulting and not relevant to the arguments I put forth (just look at the last three comments above)

U2 fans posting comments about how those soldiers "should be thrown off the cliff" based on a videoclip that looks fake prompted my original response. These other comments about my intelligence or politeness quotients are interesting only in so far as they maybe say something unkind about the people making these remarks, and are rather rude and condescending in themselves.

But, I expected to get flamed a bit by those who insist on believing that the video is legit. No surprise there. Free Your Mind is not for the overly sensitive, I've found. Interesting, though, that some have tried to switch the topic here to me personally instead of the accuracy of the videotape. Perhaps a populist move, but not a sensible debate tactic.

I hope I defended myself adequately. If not, please continue with your hostile comments, they're entertaining, if nothing else. :wink:

Please, you came in here swinging. You were attacking from the first post. And you were speaking as if you knew for a fact that the video was a fake.

Both are poor debate technique.

Mirrors are scary aren't they?

4U2Play said:
Hi Fans,

nicely stated.

dbs

4U2Play said:
This video has been around for over a week and not one person here every questioned its validity.

PlaTheGreat said:
The validity of the video is being questioned all around.
PlaTheGreat said:
PlaTheGreat said:
PlaTheGreat said:

reading.jpg

READING
try it sometime.

diamond said:

nicely stated.

dbs

Did you even read past the line about me? I know you support anyone who attacks me, but if you read the post you would know he was attacking you as well for you didn't question the videos validity...

corianderstem said:
Enjoy your popcorn!

Haha, thanks! pass the butter, BVS is just getting warmed up...

:corn: :corn: :corn:

PS. Diamond is correct on all counts, as usual. S/He sounds very intelligent and wise :bow:

Last edited:
PlaTheGreat said:
READING
try it sometime.

Did you really question the videotape's validity? Writing "it could be a hoax" is hardly a convincing argument.

Mentioning that "The validity of the video is being questioned all around" by others, makes my point that no one here on FYM said why they think the video is a prank until I came along to ruin the party.

My criticism of those who believe the video is real stems from the annoyance I feel by those who constantly pass along bogus email stories about all sorts of paranoid rubbish that all sounds suspicious to me. Some turn out true, in the end, but most of it is just misinformation and lies. That's how I viewed this video. Maybe it will turn out true in the end, but, until then, I think the video looks bogus.

I assumed here that everyone understands that when one posts a comment about any of these FYM subjects, the comments are one's opinion. However, if it makes people feel better, maybe we should all write "IMHO" after every post so people don't get upset and confused.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom