American soldiers throw living puppy off cliff - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2008, 03:08 PM   #136
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:15 PM
I think that's why 4U2Play fled the scene once he started getting asked what he was actually basing this on.

So far nothing has been proven 100% either way, the only thing we can say for certainty is that's it's pretty sick.

And if anyone got "snookered" it wasn't just CNN, I guess the Marines did too...

Old 03-11-2008, 03:21 PM   #137
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:15 PM
He wasn't helping his argument by being so rude and condescending about it, that's for sure.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:25 PM   #138
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

That's how he rolls...
Old 03-11-2008, 05:38 PM   #139
Refugee

Local Time: 07:15 PM
Hi Fans,

Actually, I had to go to work, not "fleeing the scene", sorry to disappoint you, BVS (talk about condescending.. hahah, brother, you take the cake ).

Like the rest of you, I based my opinion on the video itself. It looks like a fake to me. I posted my opinion and explained why I thought it was fake. Others elsewhere back up this opinion, though no one here at Interference had yet, which I found odd. This video has been around for over a week and not one person here every questioned its validity.

The rest of the supposedly "rude and condescending" retorts were in response to similarly rude and consdescending counterpoints that were personally insulting and not relevant to the arguments I put forth (just look at the last three comments above)

U2 fans posting comments about how those soldiers "should be thrown off the cliff" based on a videoclip that looks fake prompted my original response. These other comments about my intelligence or politeness quotients are interesting only in so far as they maybe say something unkind about the people making these remarks, and are rather rude and condescending in themselves.

But, I expected to get flamed a bit by those who insist on believing that the video is legit. No surprise there. Free Your Mind is not for the overly sensitive, I've found. Interesting, though, that some have tried to switch the topic here to me personally instead of the accuracy of the videotape. Perhaps a populist move, but not a sensible debate tactic.

I hope I defended myself adequately. If not, please continue with your hostile comments, they're entertaining, if nothing else.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:47 PM   #140
Refugee

Where's that one of the guy eating popcorn?

Old 03-11-2008, 05:57 PM   #141
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:15 PM
Enjoy your popcorn!
Old 03-11-2008, 06:04 PM   #142
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by 4U2Play
Hi Fans,

Actually, I had to go to work, not "fleeing the scene", sorry to disappoint you, BVS (talk about condescending.. hahah, brother, you take the cake ).

Like the rest of you, I based my opinion on the video itself. It looks like a fake to me. I posted my opinion and explained why I thought it was fake. Others elsewhere back up this opinion, though no one here at Interference had yet, which I found odd. This video has been around for over a week and not one person here every questioned its validity.

The rest of the supposedly "rude and condescending" retorts were in response to similarly rude and consdescending counterpoints that were personally insulting and not relevant to the arguments I put forth (just look at the last three comments above)

U2 fans posting comments about how those soldiers "should be thrown off the cliff" based on a videoclip that looks fake prompted my original response. These other comments about my intelligence or politeness quotients are interesting only in so far as they maybe say something unkind about the people making these remarks, and are rather rude and condescending in themselves.

But, I expected to get flamed a bit by those who insist on believing that the video is legit. No surprise there. Free Your Mind is not for the overly sensitive, I've found. Interesting, though, that some have tried to switch the topic here to me personally instead of the accuracy of the videotape. Perhaps a populist move, but not a sensible debate tactic.

I hope I defended myself adequately. If not, please continue with your hostile comments, they're entertaining, if nothing else.
Please, you came in here swinging. You were attacking from the first post. And you were speaking as if you knew for a fact that the video was a fake.

Both are poor debate technique.

Mirrors are scary aren't they?
Old 03-11-2008, 06:05 PM   #143
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Hi Fans,

nicely stated.

dbs
Old 03-11-2008, 06:06 PM   #144
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:15 PM
Quote:
This video has been around for over a week and not one person here every questioned its validity.
Quote:
Originally posted by PlaTheGreat
The validity of the video is being questioned all around.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

READING
try it sometime.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:09 PM   #145
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

It's easier to blast all of FYM than to actually read and answer specifics...
Old 03-11-2008, 06:12 PM   #146
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

nicely stated.

dbs
Did you even read past the line about me? I know you support anyone who attacks me, but if you read the post you would know he was attacking you as well for you didn't question the videos validity...
Old 03-11-2008, 06:46 PM   #147
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
Enjoy your popcorn!
Haha, thanks! pass the butter, BVS is just getting warmed up...

PS. Diamond is correct on all counts, as usual. S/He sounds very intelligent and wise
Old 03-11-2008, 06:55 PM   #148
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Old 03-11-2008, 07:06 PM   #149
Refugee

Quote:
READING
try it sometime.
Did you really question the videotape's validity? Writing "it could be a hoax" is hardly a convincing argument.

Mentioning that "The validity of the video is being questioned all around" by others, makes my point that no one here on FYM said why they think the video is a prank until I came along to ruin the party.

My criticism of those who believe the video is real stems from the annoyance I feel by those who constantly pass along bogus email stories about all sorts of paranoid rubbish that all sounds suspicious to me. Some turn out true, in the end, but most of it is just misinformation and lies. That's how I viewed this video. Maybe it will turn out true in the end, but, until then, I think the video looks bogus.

I assumed here that everyone understands that when one posts a comment about any of these FYM subjects, the comments are one's opinion. However, if it makes people feel better, maybe we should all write "IMHO" after every post so people don't get upset and confused.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:07 PM   #150
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Sarcasm, YES!