American beheaded in Iraq - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2004, 08:44 AM   #46
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:46 PM
Bless Nick's family. Now the conspiracy theorists are bust at work.

http://disc.server.com/discussion.cg...893;title=APFN

"...the CIA did it to take the heat off the Pentagon"--NBC reporter stated tonight prime time news, continuing, "...a story that will not die easily here in the Arab world".
NBC Nightly News with Tom Brokaw, May 12th

Thus said the reporter from NBC News already "innoculating" the public against this reasonable "conspiracy theory" being promulgated by more questioning minds in both America and overseas. BUT IT MAKES ALL THE SENSE IN THE WORLD!

1. Both Drudge and Aljazeera report that "A body found on Monday by US military patrol along a roadside over the weekend was identified as Berg's."
ALJAZEERA
Note the confused reporting in this direct quote, "on Monday", "over the weekend", by US military patrol. Was it found on Monday or over the weekend--which one? Does this make sense to anyone? Or was someone scrambling a press release (in panic) of wording that was hastily contrived, and uncertain themselves about how the facts would compare to the report. VAGUE TIMING BEGS THE QUESTION, WHEN WAS THIS BODY REALLY FOUND?

Secondly, how was the body identified as "Berg's", if it was headless? Or was it? How do you quickly identify a body without a head?

Third, WHO were the U.S. forces that found it? Were they the same ones involved in his illegal detention?

2. Here is the smoking gun: If the body was found on Monday (May 10th), or previously "over the weekend" (prior), how could the execution and video be taped on May 11th, as is reported?

Wild

Old 05-14-2004, 11:00 AM   #47
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 08:46 PM
Scarletwine:
after a short search i to other interesting facts:

There is a organisation called freerepublic.com and they have a "enemy list" and Michael S. Berg is listed with the company of his son "Prometheus Methods Tower Service Inc."

Quote:
Joyce Miller, Professor, City University of New York
Michael S. Berg, Teacher, Prometheus Methods Tower Service, Inc.,
West Chester, PA
Kathryn Myers, Teacher, Cuesta College, Paso Robles, CA
al
Jazeera

Quote:
However, the circumstances of the video release are also strange. A Reuters journalist in Dubai first named the Muntada al-Ansar al-Islami website as the source for the video at www.al-ansar.biz.

Although the site has now been shut down, Aljazeera.net looked at the site within 90 minutes of the story breaking and could find no such video footage.
I never questioned the source/the content of the video yet and call me naive, but i can't believe that any US government organisation could do this.

Old 05-14-2004, 01:00 PM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KristenF
It absolutely sickens me that these animals commit these atrocities in the name of God.
I completely understand the disgust and outrage at this video and acts like this, and share those feelings, but I think it's extremely dangerous to EVER reduce another human being to the status of an 'animal' (or even the use of the word 'animal' with such a connotation, but that's beside the point!) or to categorically denounce someone or a group as 'evil.' That's exactly what the people whose acts are being condemned do -- regard others as subhuman and therefore have little difficulty in humiliating or killing them. It just perpetuates a cycle of violence and hate.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:05 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie

It just perpetuates a cycle of violence and hate.
eye for an eye and we both end up blind.
Old 05-14-2004, 03:36 PM   #50
The Fly

I know the family is very upset but I don't see how they can blame the administration like they do. The whole war is their fault, but this guy was over there on his own with no support system which was very dangerous. I have heard many many reports on the news of foreigners being asked to leave the country for their own safety so he went of his own free will and he stayed of his own free will. If he ever wanted to come home bad enough he could have flagged down a US convoy like the escaped prisoner did. With the military presence we have over there they can't be hard to find.

The soldiers who died over there were sent with no choice by the government but I have yet to hear one of their families blame the administration even though technically they could. I think Nick was a brave young man who thought he could take care of himself, and maybe one of those ambitious young people who think they are invincible. His story is a tragedy.
Old 05-15-2004, 05:34 PM   #51
War Child

Location: with 2 kids in high school they tell her that she's uncool, but she's still preoccupied with 1985
Quote:
Originally posted by KristenF
I just cannot begin to explain how deeply this murder disturbed me. I simply can't imagine the sheer terror this poor man must have felt and the horrific pain he had to have experienced. It absolutely sickens me that these animals commit these atrocities in the name of God. May God look after Nick Berg's family and may he send these terrorist bastards to hell.
I don't think things are ever going to get better because you can't catch all of them & even if you could, there would be a whole new crop of crazies ready to take their place.
I know a guy who watched the video. He said they stuck a knife in his neck, but it wouldn't come off, and they pulled it off. That is so chilling. What a hideous thing to do to a person. What pain and terror he must have felt.

I am sorry but I do not care what happens to those Iraqi extremists. Nothing we could do to them would be bad enough for those sick bastards.
Old 05-16-2004, 07:53 AM   #52
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Seabird

I know a guy who watched the video. He said they stuck a knife in his neck, but it wouldn't come off, and they pulled it off. That is so chilling. What a hideous thing to do to a person. What pain and terror he must have felt.

I am sorry but I do not care what happens to those Iraqi extremists. Nothing we could do to them would be bad enough for those sick bastards.
I completely agree with you. I'm all for world peace, but you can't deal logically & peacefully with these nuts. Anyone that could do something so hideous to another human being is not even of the same species as the rest of us.
Old 05-16-2004, 12:40 PM   #53
War Child

Location: with 2 kids in high school they tell her that she's uncool, but she's still preoccupied with 1985
True
Old 05-16-2004, 12:51 PM   #54
Jesus Online

Local Time: 06:46 AM
There is no undoing the sheer terror Nick Berg would have experienced in his last moments. There is no undoing the nightmares his family are going to have for probably the rest of their natural lives. We can only hope and pray that his family can one day grieve in peace and that Nick Berg's actual last moments were not of prolonged pain and suffering.
Old 05-16-2004, 01:55 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Wild Angel
The soldiers who died over there were sent with no choice by the government but I have yet to hear one of their families blame the administration even though technically they could.
They have. I remember vividly one father on CNN saying it was Bush who took his son away, not the Iraqis. It was early on in the start of the war, I remember it was a young African American soldier who died and his family was livid.
Old 05-16-2004, 03:05 PM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

They have. I remember vividly one father on CNN saying it was Bush who took his son away, not the Iraqis. It was early on in the start of the war, I remember it was a young African American soldier who died and his family was livid.
I remember this. The father held up a picture of his son in front of the TV cameras and said "Take a look at this, George Bush, you took him away from us".
Old 05-16-2004, 03:59 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by verte76

I remember this. The father held up a picture of his son in front of the TV cameras and said "Take a look at this, George Bush, you took him away from us".
I also saw that same father on TV a day or two later taking back the statement he made saying he was simply overwhelmed by events.
Old 05-16-2004, 04:21 PM   #58
New Yorker

There are many military families against the occupation of Iraq.
And many have spoken out about losing their family members.

http://www.mfso.org/
Old 05-16-2004, 04:54 PM   #59
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by STING2

I also saw that same father on TV a day or two later taking back the statement he made saying he was simply overwhelmed by events.
Oh, OK. I can understand being overwhelmed, when you've just gotten news like that.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:42 PM   #60
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Scarletwine
There are many military families against the occupation of Iraq.
And many have spoken out about losing their family members.

http://www.mfso.org/
I have seen them and they are in the minority.