America will decline and fall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2Traveller said:

Now, the issue is NOT me, is it?

It may come as a shock to your religious view of things, but yes lady, the issue is somehow about you and your ppl.

America will fall exactly because of ppl who thinks and act like you, mixing religion and politics. Like Rome once did...

At the end of the day it is about you.

U2_Guy said:

It may come as a shock to your religious view of things, but yes lady, the issue is somehow about you and your ppl.

America will fall exactly because of ppl who thinks and act like you, mixing religion and politics. Like Rome once did...

At the end of the day it is about you.

Me and my people. Hmm.

I don't agree. Rome is not the U.S. Like I said, teeter like a top, for sure. The core, the BEST, will come out in the end. It is the way it's suppose to be.

Stop being so insulting.

Last edited:
U2Traveller said:

Me and my people. Hmm.

I don't agree. Rome is not the U.S. Like I said, teeter like a top, for sure. The core, the BEST, will come out in the end. It is the way it's suppose to be.

Stop being so insulting.

Where's the insults lady?

I'm not the one calling ppl "wimps"...

U2Traveller said:

Calling me lady, for one...and blaming me and putting me down.

I really didn't know calling a woman a lady was an insult... that's new for me...

Blaming you and putting you down are insults too?

Poor woman...

U2_Guy said:

I really didn't know calling a woman a lady was an insult... that's new for me...

Blaming you and putting you down are insults too?

Poor woman...

The way you say things IS insulting. That's what I mean. It's your TONE!

Anyway...I don't care.

Alright relax. U2Guy - While there may be a possibility of America falling at some point, it will not be anytime soon. Stop doomsaying. I voted for Kerry but this is not the end of the world. And saying 'Lady' in certain situations is considered demeaning and sexist.

bsp77 said:
Alright relax. U2Guy - While there may be a possibility of America falling at some point, it will not be anytime soon. Stop doomsaying. I voted for Kerry but this is not the end of the world. And saying 'Lady' in certain situations is considered demeaning and sexist.

:|

Last edited:
"The core, the BEST, will come out in the end. It is the way it's suppose to be." - U2Traveller

This sounds awfully evolutionary to be coming from a religious party. Then again, maybe not. The Nazis also thought this way.

I submit this quote for everyone's interest. Quite timely, I think.

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." - Hermann Goering, Hitler's No. 2 man, before being sentenced to death at the Nuremberg trials.

Hmmmm.....

frozenmuze04 said:
"The core, the BEST, will come out in the end. It is the way it's suppose to be." - U2Traveller

This sounds awfully evolutionary to be coming from a religious party. Then again, maybe not. The Nazis also thought this way.

I submit this quote for everyone's interest. Quite timely, I think.

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." - Hermann Goering, Hitler's No. 2 man, before being sentenced to death at the Nuremberg trials.

Hmmmm.....

Now you're saying that Bush and his followers are Nazis and that those who voted for him are downright stupid, right? No. They're not. And who's to say who the peaceful people in this country are? Hey, and I didn't even vote for Bush.

And you're claling me a Nazi, too.

You don't even know what I'm talking about. In the end in this country when the constitution is hanging from the thread then it will be saved from falling from a certain group of people. That's all I'm saying...and NO, I'm not saying the best are running this country now, or would've with Kerry, or that most people even belong to that group. And it's not Nazi-like to think that some people are the creme of the crop. It doesn't mean that you think the rest aren't even human.

I don't even know what you're talking about, really, and I don't think you do, either, lol.

bammo2 said:
no one called you a nazi, traveller

It's just another of those little arguments people like to throw out for whatever reason.

I still think, bottom-line, most people voted Bush because Bush was and looked better. I believe they would've been more than happy to vote for someone else if they had looked good. If only Clinton had been running.

I most CERTAINLY did NOT call you a Nazi. But some of the governing principles behind what made Nazism work in Germany are very much parallel to what is and has been currently happening in America. I think that anyone who reads that quote - well, obviously almost anyone - can see the significance. Denial shown on the part of those who didn't pay attention in history class isn't something I have control over, unfortunately.

Am I saying that the government is going to collapse in ruins? No. Am I saying that Kerry would have been the greatest American president ever? No. You're right - Kerry didn't look great all of the time, and Bush sometimes looked better. But the plain fact is, from a non-religious, purely political and socio-economic standpoint, GWB has done more to undermine the credibility of the U.S. in his four years than any other president in history. Maybe you agree with his religious views, maybe you agree that what he's doing is right - but the rest of the world doesn't, and a large number of Americans don't. And when there are potential nuclear conflicts out there in the hazy horizon, that does not bode well for anyone - Bush supporters and Bush bashers alike.

Has George Bush ruined our country in the eyes of the world? Maybe not. But he's certainly come closer than anyone else we've ever had at the helm, and that, pure and simple, is reason for some serious concern. We don't own the planet.

frozenmuze04 said:
I most CERTAINLY did NOT call you a Nazi. But some of the governing principles behind what made Nazism work in Germany are very much parallel to what is and has been currently happening in America. I think that anyone who reads that quote - well, obviously almost anyone - can see the significance. Denial shown on the part of those who didn't pay attention in history class isn't something I have control over, unfortunately.

Am I saying that the government is going to collapse in ruins? No. Am I saying that Kerry would have been the greatest American president ever? No. You're right - Kerry didn't look great all of the time, and Bush sometimes looked better. But the plain fact is, from a non-religious, purely political and socio-economic standpoint, GWB has done more to undermine the credibility of the U.S. in his four years than any other president in history. Maybe you agree with his religious views, maybe you agree that what he's doing is right - but the rest of the world doesn't, and a large number of Americans don't. And when there are potential nuclear conflicts out there in the hazy horizon, that does not bode well for anyone - Bush supporters and Bush bashers alike.

Has George Bush ruined our country in the eyes of the world? Maybe not. But he's certainly come closer than anyone else we've ever had at the helm, and that, pure and simple, is reason for some serious concern. We don't own the planet.

The point is, Bush was the lesser of two evils to most people.

U2Traveller said:

Now you're saying that Bush and his followers are Nazis and that those who voted for him are downright stupid, right? No. They're not. And who's to say who the peaceful people in this country are? Hey, and I didn't even vote for Bush.

And you're claling me a Nazi, too.

You don't even know what I'm talking about. In the end in this country when the constitution is hanging from the thread then it will be saved from falling from a certain group of people. That's all I'm saying...and NO, I'm not saying the best are running this country now, or would've with Kerry, or that most people even belong to that group. And it's not Nazi-like to think that some people are the creme of the crop. It doesn't mean that you think the rest aren't even human.

I don't even know what you're talking about, really, and I don't think you do, either, lol.

Aren't you a contraditory person...

Okay, this thread has basically been reduced to bickering, and it hasn't been posted in for the last 4 hours anyway, so I'm just going to close it.

My apologies to anybody who wanted to contribute anything more here, but this thread is going nowhere fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom