America Is Number One - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2003, 02:51 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:00 AM
Man Inside The Child,

There is one HUGE difference between the resolutions passed against Iraq and the resolutions passed against Israel. All of the UN resolutions passed against Israel were passed under CHAPTER VI rules of the United Nations which DO NOT ALLOW member states to use military force to bring about compliance. All 17 UN resolutions passed against Iraq were passed under CHAPTER VII rules of the United Nations which DO ALLOW member states to use military force to bring about compliance.

The United Nations considers the actions of Iraq to be a far greater threat to peace and stability of the region, which is why all resolutions against Iraq were passed under Chapter VII rules.

Israel on the other hand has been surounded and attacked by Arab countries and terrorist for 50 years now. Israel has responded and yes civilians have been killed like civilians often our in most wars or combat zones that are in heavily populated area's. These civilian deaths are primarily accidents that happen when attempting to target terrorist and restore order to certain area's. If it was Israel intention to kill civilians, Israel could have killed all the civilians on the West Bank 3 decades ago. Its obvious that if the situation between the Palestinians and Israelies were reversed, not a single Jew would still be alive or living in Israel/Palestine.

Old 04-21-2003, 03:01 PM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by STING2
All of the UN resolutions passed against Israel were passed under CHAPTER VI rules of the United Nations which DO NOT ALLOW member states to use military force to bring about compliance.
That doesn't mean Israel shouldn't be made to comply though, does it?

Old 04-21-2003, 03:07 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees

That doesn't mean Israel shouldn't be made to comply though, does it?
The USA would use their right to veto anyway,...it is Isreal.
Old 04-21-2003, 04:22 PM   #34
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend

Local Time: 12:00 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by STING2
US intervention in Iraq was based on 17 UN resolutions passed under CHAPTER VII rules and the violation of the 1991 Ceacefire Agreement for the first Gulf War.

STING2, if I had a nickel for every time you have mentioned that Iraq is in violation of UN resolution #.....(the above sentence and varations of it) on FYM in the past several months, I would be a weathly, wealthy woman!

Carry on.....

Old 04-21-2003, 10:52 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Mrs Edge,

if I had a nickel for every time someone has incorrectly stated the basis for the US attack on Iraq, failed to even mention the resolutions, and failed to understand the differences between the resolutions passed against Israel and those passed against Iraq, in FYM in the past several months, I would be a weathly, wealthy man
Old 04-21-2003, 11:30 PM   #36
Refugee

Local Time: 09:00 PM
Well i am pretty impressed by your reslove and research, Man inside the Child. You have shown that resolutions can be given out to anyone but it seems Iraq is the only country to be attacked. Though as Sting mentioned they dont have an validity in regards of Israel being attacked.

This thread started off like a good discusion and now as wore down to another Iraq thread. Get on topic. Military spending and what America is number one in. And Mrs. Edge you are so totally right. Sting you should make your signature about the 17 resoulutions and Chp. 7 and this and that because it seems you have the obligatory line in EVERY thread you are involved in. We understand why they are being attacked but some people think that they were doing fine without attacking them. People believe that all the weapons would have been found, respect that. H

Hey have they found any WMD yet?

Oh and Man inside the Child, I love Tommy C!
Old 04-21-2003, 11:41 PM   #37
The Fly

" There is one HUGE difference between the resolutions passed against Iraq and the resolutions passed against Israel. All of the UN resolutions passed against Israel were passed under CHAPTER VI rules of the United Nations which DO NOT ALLOW member states to use military force to bring about compliance. All 17 UN resolutions passed against Iraq were passed under CHAPTER VII rules of the United Nations which DO ALLOW member states to use military force to bring about compliance."

I still see it as this : Israel over 100 resolutions passed, and Iraq 17. Irregardless of the final Chapter VI rules, Israel must be punished for it's continued failure to comply with international rule and the basic laws of humanity.

"The United Nations considers the actions of Iraq to be a far greater threat to peace and stability of the region, which is why all resolutions against Iraq were passed under Chapter VII rules"

You can say all you want about the nitty gritty of U.N. resolutions, but the world and the U.N. were collectively against the invasion of Iraq. The U.N. and the world were appalled by the invasion.

"Israel on the other hand has been surounded and attacked by Arab countries and terrorist for 50 years now. Israel has responded and yes civilians have been killed like civilians often our in most wars or combat zones that are in heavily populated area's. These civilian deaths are primarily accidents that happen when attempting to target terrorist and restore order to certain area's. If it was Israel intention to kill civilians, Israel could have killed all the civilians on the West Bank 3 decades ago. Its obvious that if the situation between the Palestinians and Israelies were reversed, not a single Jew would still be alive or living in Israel/Palestine."

I wouldn't call it an accidental civilian death when a bulldozer runs over a protester, or a bulldozer runs over a home with a family still inside. I wouldn't call destroying a whole town, its people, infrastructure, and history in favour of a new settlement accidental....

As far as targeting terrorists goes, Sting, you have to ask yourself WHY this is happening... Are you going to tell us that the Palestinians have nothing to fight for and that they simply hate jews and want to terrorize them... Please... Their land was invaded and robbed... Their homes have been destroyed in favour of settlements, their stores run down in favour of new Israeli buildings, they've lost their mothers, fathers, sisters or brothers, they've been humiliated and treated like animals, they've been murdered or ethnic cleansed in favour of the spread of zionism... Iraq part of the spread of zionism, it says so in the bible... The jews consider Iraq greater Israel.... As it says, from the tigris, to the Nile, to the Eufrates and so on... Connect the dots and you get the star of David.... You'll see the Israelis ride the backs of the Americans soon enough, to stabilize Israel and, in a sense, expand it.

Anyways, I've gotta study... later
Old 04-21-2003, 11:57 PM   #38
Refugee

Local Time: 09:00 PM
I do agree. What would you do if you were in that situation? If i were a Palestinine i would probably do the same if they came into my neighboorhood and toke my house.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:37 AM   #39
The Fly

bonoman you're cool... you're on my wavelength... but who is tommy C

oh, and somebody help... how can i get a pic next to my name?
Old 04-22-2003, 07:04 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:00 PM
I AM SO TIRED OF MITC'S ANTI-ISRAEL THREADS AND POSTS. THIS ONE ACTUALLY WENT FROM ANTI-AMERICAN TO ANTI-ISRAEL IN A MATTER OF 2 DAYS. IT IS GETTING SO FUCKING BORING.

I will not hesitate to say that your posts border on anti-semitism and you can say anything you want about it. When you cite accurate historical references, your posts are legitimate, when you say things like:

Quote:
The jews consider Iraq greater Israel
You have crossed the line.

What part did Israel have in the overthrow of Iraq???

What Jews did you hear pushing for this war???

Last time I checked my President was not Jewish, nor was his Secretary of Defense, nor is his Secretary of State, nor is his National Security Advisor.

THIS THREAD SHOULD BE CLOSED AS IT WAS JUST BAIT TO ALLOW MITC TO DRAG OUT HIS ANTI-ISRAEL VIEWS!!!
Old 04-22-2003, 07:34 PM   #41
Refugee

Everyone, just cool it.

Man Inside the Child, you made some legitimate arguments that were very commendable, but I can't blame Ouizy to be particular about the quote in question. Please, either explain that quote or attempt to maintain your level of legitimate debate.

Ouizy, it does look like you are pouncing on what appears to be something that has not warranted such wrath. Your choice of font, capitals, profanity and grave accusation that Man Inside the Child is anti-semitic or anti-Israeli defeats your very argument that his views are grave and rash. Please control your anger. Though I do grant you that you have a point, this thread was constructing 'some' valid arguments, and it will not be closed as of yet.

Everyone, control your passions.

Ant.
Gas smells awful; You might as well live.

Dorothy Parker, 'Resumé'
Old 04-22-2003, 07:46 PM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I based my reply on all the Israeli/Palestinian conflict threads there are on this site currently, and the fact that this thread, which was not about that topic somehow found its way to being about that topic.

My use of profanity, font, color and the like stem from my childish behaviour, and my disgust for one-sided derogetory comments.

thank you
Old 04-22-2003, 07:58 PM   #43
Refugee

And your feelings against the one-sided comment is justified, Ouizy. I only ask for people to try to be more civil in their tone, for the sake of debate and keeping it cool.

Thanks.

Ant.

Dorothy Parker, 'Resumé'
Old 04-22-2003, 08:25 PM   #44
ONE
love, blood, life

How many members have asked this thread to be closed? Just curious, but it is kind of obvious there are many who felt it was, well, less than appealing very early on.
Old 04-22-2003, 10:32 PM   #45
Refugee

Yes, Dreadsox, but it was allowed, nevertheless. I think the number of intelligent comments and points surpassed those of which expressed disapproval.

Ant.

Dorothy Parker, 'Resumé'