America Hitting Itself With Pain Stick!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
Interesting report from CNN:

Report says schools are unfair to America

Beyond its provocative findings, the report is notable for the range of people and groups supporting it, from Republicans and Democrats to labor unions and conservative think tanks.

In a push to give a warts-and-all account of the struggles of democracy, schools have turned the nation's sins into the essence of the story instead of just a part of it, the new report says.

nbcrusader said:
Interesting report from CNN:

Report says schools are unfair to America

Actually, the report seems to say a lot more than that, but you can't beat an attention-grabbing headline. Darn liberal media bias. :wink:

Excerpts from the report can be found here:
http://www.shankerinstitute.org/Downloads/gagnon/contents.html
You can even see how your state ranks according to the standards laid out in the report.

Quite the opposite of my education...We didn't learn a thing about Watergate, Vietnam, etc. except they happened. It sounds positive, I'll try not to be cynical and lump it into some of the other things happening during this administration.

I am working today so I can read and digest the article now.

I have been asking myself similar questions.

I believe I was taught a sanitized history.

There very well could be over compensating.

As in the pendulum swinging too far in the other direction.

I was first taught a rather sanitized history also, but then I fell into a rather cynical view by the time I got to college. There needs to be more of a balance. The idea that this is why so few people vote is interesting. It could be true.

Back
Top Bottom