Amazing Story!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Story Highlights
  • Brother, sister meet for first time since 1942, when Nazis separated them
  • Brother in Ukraine never stopped searching: "Now I truly believe I can die satisfied"
  • An American Red Cross volunteer helped bring them together
  • Even after all this time, the siblings don't know what happened to their parents

Holocaust siblings meet after 66 years - CNN.com

Story Highlights
  • Brother in Ukraine never stopped searching: "Now I truly believe I can die satisfied"
  • Even after all this time, the siblings don't know what happened to their parents

Wow, that's truly something. "...And he wrote a song for me. When he went to sleep, he sang every night and cried." It must have been so traumatizing for him to lose his big sister at 7. Amazing work by the victims tracing centre. :up:

Well, it's good to see that at least 2 other people were moved by this story!

I guess this thread doesn't generate enough discussion for you FYM-ers to argue and fight! lol.

^It's not that. At least for me.

It's the link. If the whole article were here I would probably I would have read it. It's just I'm supposed to be working on my novel right now and while I can rationalize reading and responding to what's already posted, going to another webpage is too much guilt for me!

I'll read it and be moved, eventually.

What a great story. It's so true how this has become a race against time and it's sad to know that some people won't get to be reunited with their loved ones.

I've always enjoyed these stories - I remember Oprah had an episode years and years ago about this sort of scenario. It was very touching.

Story Highlights

TY for the Cliff Notes. I don't care enough about anything to actually click the link.

Well, it's good to see that at least 2 other people were moved by this story!

I guess this thread doesn't generate enough discussion for you FYM-ers to argue and fight! lol.

Oh, come on. Do people need to post a response here to prove that they have souls and are moved by stories like this?

I might have a simple response to a story like this, but don't feel the need to post it here. I'm guessing a lot of other posters feel the same way. If you're going to worry about how "popular" a thread is, perhaps for certain threads you can go by the views and not necessarily the comments.

:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom