Amazing! A baby survives being born at 22 weeks. - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 02-26-2007, 07:22 PM   #196
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Justin24
nope. If a seed is planted in the ground does it contain life?
Then along the lines of your own logic, does the seed itself not contain life? Should we make male masturbation criminal? Vasectomies? Condoms? How and where do we draw the line?

And as for burying aborted babies, people can already do that if they want. Heck, you can get plots for your pets. Many people who suffer miscarriages or babies that die during birth get grave plots and headstones. A lot of people believe it's healthier to grieve by treating the baby/embryo/fetus as a person, even if it died before or during birth. I've even read about abortion clinics that require post-abortion grief counseling where the women talk about their babies and write letters to them, using names they are given. It's just proof that these are not heartless murders. They do actually care.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:30 PM   #197
Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 12:02 AM
ah jeez. Can we not have one bloody discussion without the need to bring in religious fear to try and trump any discussion?!

Seriously, its pathetic. No one NO ONE kows what happens when you die, some have a belief that you go to heaven, some to some virgin paradise, some you are reborn and some that nothing happens, so why why why why do we constantly have to triumph this bullshit heaven crap in every discussion NOT relating to religion (as it shows in this thread that people who do believe in god can also be pro choice, so its not a given)

I know that most people here are religious, and i don't have a problem with people believing, i just have a problem with the same few people constantly chucking in religious stuff here and there, because it just shuts down anymore discussion for non religious people as we as usually turn the topic off, into some fervent religious talk, or people complaining about it (like myself )