Amazing! A baby survives being born at 22 weeks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoVoxSupastar said:

In life.

And those who support it. You honestly think you can wash your hand of it, just because you didn't actaully throw the switch?

that's exactly right. And if your saying I am still guilty of it, then so would you when you tell him how you support the legalization of drugs that kills thousands of people.

Justin24 said:
Read above thank you.

For a start agreeing with abortion doesnt mean you have had an abortion, so (even if you don't think having an abortion doesnt make you 'pure and innocent') - are you trying to suggest an opinion classes you as guilty?

Answer that, thankyou.

Justin24 said:

Treading waters? Where here or in heaven? And if so God know's and he will deal with the executioner.

So by your logic, God will then deal with the doctor who performed the D&C.

Case closed.

partygirlvox said:

For a start agreeing with abortion doesnt mean you have had an abortion, so (even if you don't think having an abortion doesnt make you 'pure and innocent') - are you trying to suggest an opinion classes you as guilty?

Answer that, thankyou.

according to some yes.

Justin24 said:

Treading waters? Where here or in heaven? And if so God know's and he will deal with the executioner.

What I don't get is murder is not acceptable which is should not be. But to remove a BABY (NOT A GROWTH) is perfectly fine?

Oh man, that has been the topic for the whole I don't know how many pages, and you start from right from the beginning?

Justin24 said:

that's exactly right. And if your saying I am still guilty of it, then so would you when you tell him how you support the legalization of drugs that kills thousands of people.

Car, alcohol, guns, prescription drugs, handgliding all legal and can all kill. Not sure of what your point here is...

Would you support a cemetary with headstones engraved "Aborted 1989" aborted 1989 aborted 1990. So they have a proper burial place?

Justin24 said:
Would you support a cemetary with headstones engraved "Aborted 1989" aborted 1989 aborted 1990. So they have a proper burial place?

If the parents wished for one.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Why? Do we have one for miscarriages, those fertilized eggs that never implanted, or all those petri dishes?

nope. If a seed is planted in the ground does it contain life?

AEON said:
I simply can't understand the "it barely happens so why make illegal" argument (essentially, that is the foundation of your argument). I don't think I ever will understand such reasoning.

oy.

the argument is better understood as, "it barely happens unless it's medically necessary."

and are we concerned about the unborn fetuses in Iraq that are killed by american bombs or bullets, or by Shia militias that are, essentially, supported by the US.

Last edited:
BonoVoxSupastar said:
Now common sense is just being thrown out the window...

No it's not. You just don't want to admit that the seed does contain life which can grow into flowers or a tree.

partygirlvox said:
I think AOEN doesn't know how to reply to your post Liesje as even he knows it proves that abortion shouldn't be banned.
Thats why hes chosen to ignore that post - because he doesn't want to agree.

Actually I will post one more time to clarify because I don't want to hurt Leslie's feelings - I was already working on my last reply before I saw her post.

I am sorry for your cousin's loss. I've witnessed the pain a mother goes through when she loses her baby. My prayers are with everyone touched by this tragedy.

I think Yolland covered these types of concerns far better than I.

Justin24 said:

No it's not. You just don't want to admit that the seed does contain life which can grow into flowers or a tree.

No I understand the analogy, it just doesn't make any sense given the fact that most of us are probably writing from a wooden desk.:|

Justin24 said:
nope. If a seed is planted in the ground does it contain life?

Then along the lines of your own logic, does the seed itself not contain life? Should we make male masturbation criminal? Vasectomies? Condoms? How and where do we draw the line?

And as for burying aborted babies, people can already do that if they want. Heck, you can get plots for your pets. Many people who suffer miscarriages or babies that die during birth get grave plots and headstones. A lot of people believe it's healthier to grieve by treating the baby/embryo/fetus as a person, even if it died before or during birth. I've even read about abortion clinics that require post-abortion grief counseling where the women talk about their babies and write letters to them, using names they are given. It's just proof that these are not heartless murders. They do actually care.

ah jeez. Can we not have one bloody discussion without the need to bring in religious fear to try and trump any discussion?!

Seriously, its pathetic. No one NO ONE kows what happens when you die, some have a belief that you go to heaven, some to some virgin paradise, some you are reborn and some that nothing happens, so why why why why do we constantly have to triumph this bullshit heaven crap in every discussion NOT relating to religion (as it shows in this thread that people who do believe in god can also be pro choice, so its not a given)

I know that most people here are religious, and i don't have a problem with people believing, i just have a problem with the same few people constantly chucking in religious stuff here and there, because it just shuts down anymore discussion for non religious people as we as usually turn the topic off, into some fervent religious talk, or people complaining about it (like myself :wink: )

Back
Top Bottom