Am I the only one who can't stand hardcore feminists? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive

Old 10-16-2004, 08:25 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:12 PM
Am I the only one who can't stand hardcore feminists?

First of all, I believe in complete equality between the sexes. Now that I've cleard that up...

Alot of feminists annoy the crap out of me. What's with these women? Why do they have to be such battleaxes? I just don't understand it. I'm a firm believer that men should be very polite to women. You know, common courtesy. Pulling chairs out, opening doors etc. etc.. I've been raised to treat girls this way and it just comes kind of naturally now. I like treating girls that way. I love it when they actually appreciate it.

But then there's these females who are somehow offended by it. This I don't understand. For some reason these women feel that only a male chauvinist would do such a thing. BS. These women piss me off. Why must they completely misinterpret everything considerate, respectful guys do? When I hold a door open for a girl it's a sign of respect. When I pull a girl's chair out for her IT'S A SIGN OF RESPECT. Do you understand you slack-jawed ball breakers? Why must they take signs of respect as signs of disrespect? They don't understand men, that's why. Feminists seem to think that men only do these things because we believe they're weak and incapable. Incapable of pulling out a chair? I'm not an idiot. I've seen plenty of girls move chairs around all by themselves. I only do these things because it's polite and respectful. Morons...

And another idiotic thing feminists think: They think they're equal to men in every way. Again, BS. Men and women have different qualities physically and mentally. It's just how we were created. Men are physically stronger and they always will be. Yeah of course there's some exceptions, but very rarely. Also, most men are more level headed than women. This is true.

Is this a bad thing? No. Women are better at ALOT of things. Important things. My dad could never have raised my brother and I like my mom has. He's better at what he does, she's better at what she does. Different is good. Not everyone is the same. Just because womenaren't big and powerful doesn't mean they're unimportant or insignificant. I'm tired of this mentality that you have to be an overbearing leader to be important. It's simply not true. Heck, in the Bible it says the greatest among us are the servants. Not saying woman should be servants of course. Just making a point.

My girlfriend appreciates my courtesy very much, as do most non-crapheaded... I mean feminist females. She'll do girly things for me that I appreciate very much. You know, baking me cookies, making sandwiches for us etc etc.. A feminist friend of hers is constantly getting on her back telling her that that's what stupid, old-fashioned ditzy girls do. No... that's completely stupid. Girls are good at this stuff, and guys like me absolutely love it. I love it when she makes me cookies. It's more than just cookies to me, it's extremely considerate of her. It's not wrong for girls to cook or try to please their boyfriends, you stupid feminists.

In conclusion, I hate hardcore feminists. They're the spawn of hell and need to be exterminated from the face of the earth.

Old 10-16-2004, 08:30 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:12 PM
You are absolutely right women are illogical creatures forever (mis)guided by their emotions

Spawn of hell and extermination are a little strong though don't you think? I mean perhaps unmitigated hatred of someone that you disagree with is part of the problem.

Men and women are different, yes, there is a good reason for this (interlocking bodies are supposed to interlock). And a preemptive reply to Angelas post below that most of the extreme feminism stuff is total shit.

One must be a gentleman and treat people with respect. I suspect that in most cases the lack of civility in discourse is found by ill-mannered fools who have no respect for anybody.

Old 10-16-2004, 08:31 PM   #3
Jesus Online

Local Time: 11:12 PM
What gives me the royal shits more than anything is the push to swap one societal role for another with women. Stop telling us what to fucking do, full stop. Dont tell us not to be mothers. Dont tell us not to be housewives. Dont tell us not to be workers or career women. Each is as bad as the other.

Empowerment and equal pay is as far as I am willing to go. The rest is all bullshit and I agree with you.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:43 PM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:12 AM
Re: Am I the only one who can't stand hardcore feminists?

Quote:
Originally posted by shart1780
First of all, I believe in complete equality between the sexes. Now that I've cleard that up...

Alot of feminists annoy the crap out of me. What's with these women? Why do they have to be such battleaxes? I just don't understand it. I'm a firm believer that men should be very polite to women. You know, common courtesy. Pulling chairs out, opening doors etc. etc.. I've been raised to treat girls this way and it just comes kind of naturally now. I like treating girls that way. I love it when they actually appreciate it.

But then there's these females who are somehow offended by it. This I don't understand. For some reason these women feel that only a male chauvinist would do such a thing. BS. These women piss me off. Why must they completely misinterpret everything considerate, respectful guys do? When I hold a door open for a girl it's a sign of respect. When I pull a girl's chair out for her IT'S A SIGN OF RESPECT. Do you understand you slack-jawed ball breakers? Why must they take signs of respect as signs of disrespect? They don't understand men, that's why. Feminists seem to think that men only do these things because we believe they're weak and incapable. Incapable of pulling out a chair? I'm not an idiot. I've seen plenty of girls move chairs around all by themselves. I only do these things because it's polite and respectful. Morons...

And another idiotic thing feminists think: They think they're equal to men in every way. Again, BS. Men and women have different qualities physically and mentally. It's just how we were created. Men are physically stronger and they always will be. Yeah of course there's some exceptions, but very rarely. Also, most men are more level headed than women. This is true.

Is this a bad thing? No. Women are better at ALOT of things. Important things. My dad could never have raised my brother and I like my mom has. He's better at what he does, she's better at what she does. Different is good. Not everyone is the same. Just because womenaren't big and powerful doesn't mean they're unimportant or insignificant. I'm tired of this mentality that you have to be an overbearing leader to be important. It's simply not true. Heck, in the Bible it says the greatest among us are the servants. Not saying woman should be servants of course. Just making a point.

My girlfriend appreciates my courtesy very much, as do most non-crapheaded... I mean feminist females. She'll do girly things for me that I appreciate very much. You know, baking me cookies, making sandwiches for us etc etc.. A feminist friend of hers is constantly getting on her back telling her that that's what stupid, old-fashioned ditzy girls do. No... that's completely stupid. Girls are good at this stuff, and guys like me absolutely love it. I love it when she makes me cookies. It's more than just cookies to me, it's extremely considerate of her. It's not wrong for girls to cook or try to please their boyfriends, you stupid feminists.

In conclusion, I hate hardcore feminists. They're the spawn of hell and need to be exterminated from the face of the earth.
Hard core feminists -- like the ones who keep telling you babies do NOT come from women's stomachs?
Old 10-16-2004, 08:51 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:12 AM

Quote:
She'll do girly things for me that I appreciate very much. You know, baking me cookies, making sandwiches for us etc etc.. Girls are good at this stuff,
You have obviously never had a single thing I've cooked or baked, LMAO!

And yes, I have encountered my fair share of extremist feminists. The field I am in has been long dominated by men, and continues to be dominated by men today. In that context, it is understandable that the (relatively) few women who have made it to a comparable status may have a chip on their shoulder, but it is still excessive at times.

I think everything needs to be looked at in context. We are seeing extreme feminism in the last several decades, but for tens of thousands of years before that, we saw essentially oppression, and that's where the extremism was borne out of. So yes, while I, as a woman, would like to be an equal member in society with full rights, I do find many of today's feminist views questionable, but I also do understand why we are where we are today.

It is like colonialism - we will not get rid of its poisonous effects for maybe another thousand years. And there is reason for that.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:16 PM   #6
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Quote:

-most men are more level headed than women. This is true.
-And another idiotic thing feminists think: They think they're equal to men in every way. Again, BS.

I'm a firm believer that men should be very polite to women.

-Do you understand you slack-jawed ball breakers?
-Morons...
-...as do most non-crapheaded... I mean feminist females.
-...you stupid feminists.
-...I hate hardcore feminists. They're the spawn of hell and need to be exterminated from the face of the earth.

Old 10-16-2004, 09:19 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Re: Re: Am I the only one who can't stand hardcore feminists?

Quote:
Originally posted by bonosloveslave

Umm.. yeah.

So feminists are not considered women?
Old 10-16-2004, 09:21 PM   #8
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 04:12 AM

Quote:
Also, most men are more level headed than women. This is true.

Bullshit.

*I do agree with you on a LOT of what you said but you lost my support with that comment. But maybe I'm just letting my female emotions get in the way of logical thinking, right?
Old 10-16-2004, 09:23 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie

When I say equality between the sexes I don't mean they're naturally equal in every way, I mean they should have equal rights and opportunities.

And when I say I'm nice to females I mean females whgo aren't hardcore feminists
Old 10-16-2004, 09:24 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:12 PM

Quote:

My girlfriend appreciates my courtesy very much, as do most non-crapheaded... I mean feminist females. She'll do girly things for me that I appreciate very much. You know, baking me cookies, making sandwiches for us etc etc.. A feminist friend of hers is constantly getting on her back telling her that that's what stupid, old-fashioned ditzy girls do. No... that's completely stupid. Girls are good at this stuff, and guys like me absolutely love it. I love it when she makes me cookies. It's more than just cookies to me, it's extremely considerate of her.
Probably you should tell that friend of your girlfriend to get a clue. Feminism is not at all about baking cookies, making sandwiches or not. Probably that girl needs to read a few books and learn a little about the history of feminism.

I don´t believe in the modern version of light-cooked career feminism. I´m all for the same wages, but when women try to make career in a career system that was built up by men, they are just accepting the facts of this system. When a woman is a manager in a business, she will make the same, arguably sometimes even harder, decisions than men in the same position would make. I do not think that this is valuing women´s qualities, I think it´s purely adjusting to a male system. Women should build up their own career system!

An extreme example is Maggie Thatcher, I don´t see it a real triumph for English feminism that she got Prime Minister.

By the way, shart, maybe you can read up on feminism too if you think it´s "hardcore" what you´re talking about.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:26 PM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:12 AM
Washington State - :youvedoneitnow:
Old 10-16-2004, 09:32 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. BAW
Washington State - :youvedoneitnow:
LOL yeah I better watch my back!
Old 10-16-2004, 10:05 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Re: Re: Am I the only one who can't stand hardcore feminists?

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife

Bullshit.

*I do agree with you on a LOT of what you said but you lost my support with that comment. But maybe I'm just letting my female emotions get in the way of logical thinking, right?
I believe it's true. My dad owns a business and employs alot of females and I've seen how much harder it is for them to cope with stress. Alot of times he'll have to send them home because they cn't containtheir emotions and it's getting in the way of their work. He tells me this all the time as well.

Just one example.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:13 PM   #14
War Child

Quote:

I believe it's true. My dad owns a business and employs alot of females and I've seen how much harder it is for them to cope with stress. Alot of times he'll have to send them home because they cn't containtheir emotions and it's getting in the way of their work. He tells me this all the time as well.

Just one example.
I really think it depends from person to person. Some women can be more level headed than men. Now what you said it may be true for a lot of girls, but not all. Its like saying all irish people are drunkards. Which, of course, is not true.

Anyway, I quite like how Angela put it.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:15 PM   #15
Jesus Online

Local Time: 11:12 PM
How many women are we talking? 5? 10? 50? out of....3 or so billion?

Truly dude.