Allow Homosexuals in the Military/No more don't ask don't tell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
[Q]Rep. Marty Meehan, D-Mass., is expected to introduce a bill Wednesday that would repeal "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," and allow homosexuals to serve openly in the military.

The legislation would establish a policy of nondiscrimination based on sexual orientation, but would not eliminate prohibitions regarding sexual conduct between service members regardless of sexual orientation. The law also would allow people discharged from the military solely because of sexual orientation to re-enlist.
[/Q]

[Q]The Defense Department's policy on homosexual conduct has cost the government about $191 million and 9,488 service members, according to a Government Accountability Office report.[/Q]

http://www.govexec.com/dailyfed/0205/022805p1.htm

the up and coming bill is here:

http://www.govexec.com/pdfs/dontaskdonttell.pdf

This war is too important to be compromised by frivilous issues like preference ~ if they can serve their country then let them do it.

I hope it passes, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Originally posted by A_Wanderer
This war is too important to be compromised by frivilous issues like preference ~ if they can serve their country then let them do it.

I sincerely hope people who support this bill do so because it's the right thing to do, not because they think there's a need for some more cannon fodder.

Last edited:
I think that this entire issue is rubbish off the bat, it is not as if homosexuals make bad soldiers by default ~ just look at the bloody spartans.

it's very important to keep homosexuals out of the military because it would be very difficult to accept the fact that homosexuals are men, and sometimes very brave, very strong, and sometimes superlative with firepower. if we have homosexuals running around the world and performing what is commonly understood as the pinnacle of American masculinity, and with nary a lisp or limp wrist in sight, what other stereotypes will we be able to draw upon in order to legislate our revulsion with the unnatural image of two well groomed men with excellent complextions and tastefully selected tuxedos who appear to be fully in love with one another kissing on the front steps of City Hall in San Francisco?

the fate of heterosexuality is at stake here. if homosexuality gets inside the armed foces, it will spread like chickenpox through kindergarten, and soon our army won't be able to fight, they'll be too busy critiquing the ugly uniforms and poor hygene of the enemy they are supposed to kill.

the future of America is at stake here.

Irvine511 said:
it's very important to keep homosexuals out of the military because it would be very difficult to accept the fact that homosexuals are men, and sometimes very brave, very strong, and sometimes superlative with firepower. if we have homosexuals running around the world and performing what is commonly understood as the pinnacle of American masculinity, and with nary a lisp or limp wrist in sight, what other stereotypes will we be able to draw upon in order to legislate our revulsion with the unnatural image of two well groomed men with excellent complextions and tastefully selected tuxedos who appear to be fully in love with one another kissing on the front steps of City Hall in San Francisco?

the fate of heterosexuality is at stake here. if homosexuality gets inside the armed foces, it will spread like chickenpox through kindergarten, and soon our army won't be able to fight, they'll be too busy critiquing the ugly uniforms and poor hygene of the enemy they are supposed to kill.

Actually, I would think that if gays were allowed to serve openly, our army would soon be speaking in annoying lilts and wearing godawful rainbow-colored spandex uniforms that would paralyze our enemy with disgust, thus making them easy pickings.

speedracer said:

Actually, I would think that if gays were allowed to serve openly, our army would soon be speaking in annoying lilts and wearing godawful rainbow-colored spandex uniforms that would paralyze our enemy with disgust, thus making them easy pickings.

or worse, they'd all start speaking french.

gay_army.jpg

Irvine511 said:

You're trying to push your hetero agenda on us again aren't you? :grumpy:

lol! A person is a person is a person. If they're physically and mentally healthy, and wish to serve, let them.

neutral said:

You're trying to push your hetero agenda on us again aren't you? :grumpy:

there are no heteros or homos. there are only godly people who have normative missionary style sex where the opposite genders make sure not to enjoy it too much, and PERVERTS!!! CRAZY, CRAZY PRADA WEARING PERVERTS WHO ARE AFTER YOUR CHILDREN!!!

can someone tell me how to make my avatar of a rather delectable photo of Mr. Law less blurry?

I can't understand why it's even an issue-what is the rationale, that gay people will be constantly hitting on their fellow soldiers and having wild sex orgies or something? :rolleyes:

From what I've heard and read, some straight people in the military are quite guilty of that behavior

hmm actually there is the exact same thing on the other page :eyebrow:

also, of course gay people should join the military. what a world it would be if the privilige of dying in pointless wars dreamed up by greedy old men was only given to straight young men?

Back
Top Bottom