All single people report!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr_Macphisto

War Child
I've been single for about 8 months now since my x-girlfriend broke up with me b/c I don't have my own house and don't make a shitload of money yet. Hell, I only graduated college last spring and am just trying to establish myself first. Apparently, not enough.

Anybody, all you other single people out there, write in and tell us your stories, advice for the opposite sex, or reasons why you like/dislike being single. I always find these conversations, though sometimes intense, are always interesting, entertaining and educational. Hope to hear back from ya'll.

I'm currently spending two or three days single and then I'm going back with my girlfriend on Saturday, I think. I broke up with her on Tuesday. We've been talking about it... we'll see what happens.

Oh I know it was a joke but it got me wondering if you had been promised thats all. I have Indian friends that were. Mind you I also have Macedonian friends that had a family selected thingie marriage as well. I didnt mean any offense. My apologies.

I am, pretty much forever :wink:

Advice, I'm not the person to ask - just be happy w/who you are and figure out who you are and don't look for happiness to be defined and derived from someone else. I don't think that ever works. Don't worry about what other people think.

single, have been for about a year after a one-year relationship and then a 6-month relationship (been dating a bit, nothing has stuck). starting to get the itch to be with someone consistently, it's not so much fun waking up alone on a Sunday morning, and it would be nice to have someone to do "couple" dates with all my straight friends who seem to be getting married at an alarming rate.

I'm single-have been since May of 2000, when I broke up with the guy I was dating 'cause my family was moving away.

Being single can be nice sometimes, 'cause I'm therefore allowed to scope out guys anytime I want and all that, but at the same time, I do also wish I had a boyfriend-it'd be nice to have somebody to go do stuff with and things like that. Right now I'm wishing I weren't single.

Angela

I was single for about a year when I met my current boyfriend, who lives in Portugal though, so it's a long-distance thing.
My life on a daily basis isn't all that different from my single days because I was never into casual contacts.

I have evolved from absolutely resenting being single at the beginning to fully embracing it and enjoying it! I love love love being on my own, being with friends, sharing a flat with my best friend and being able to do spurr-of-the-moment things.

I'm afraid that if my boyfriend lived in the same country, I'd feel suffocated quite rapidly, since I really need my me-time to stay remotely sane :)

So I'm very happy in this situation - it's so good to know that there's someone out there that holds that special place in my heart and vice versa, we make eachother stronger just knowing that we're on eachothers' minds.

I am tired of being single :angry:

I haven't had a serious boyfriend since 2001, but I have done some casual dating since then. The person that I want has a girlfriend :madspit:. It's tough because I see him go after all these girls that are bad for him, he get way too emotionally invested in them too soon out of insecurity, and then he gets his heart broken.

Single. Can't quite remember when I ditched "the asshole" -- it was a few years ago. I always do best alone. Do I sometimes wish for a special someone? Yep, but whenever I'm with anyone for very long (even just friends), I remember why I stay single and essentially a loner. I can only take people in small doses.

Having been single since 1995, the relationships I allowed to become involved in haven't been disasterous but just went no where. Either the guy want's to be supported, which I refuse to be involved in, or want's to control/support me, which I won't allow either.
I'm sort of in between age groups. Too mature to be with some self absorbed boy-man, and too young to be with some in my own age group who have forgotten how to have a good time.
Music is a huge factor since I love it but alot of guys just don't understand my alternative/punk/rock love of music. :dance:
Too many country music fans in my (red)neck part of the deep south. (not that there's any thing wrong with that:wink:)
What the soul wants, the soul waits.
My mate is out there...somewhere :sexywink:

Single. I was always a serial monagamous, going from one relationship to another with only months in between. Then after my divorce learned how to just date. Right now I'm learning how to enjoy singlehood.

I guess I'm just waiting for the right cougar to come by.:wink:

Hello, I have been going through the strangest faze in my life. I have not dated much in 3 1/2 years. I like being single in one way that, I don't have to answer to another person. I am becoming more independent and that is extremely important to me. Dating in La has become an application for a job more than an actual real date. Yes i can gained alittle weight and it is a big deal here. Guys don't hit on me like they used to. Then I miss being with someone in a special way. Coming home to someone and sharing intimate moments in our lives. So yes I do miss being with someone of the opposite sexxxxxx.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Single.

Just started dating a woman who will likely dump me soon because of my job and its demands on me. Sad, but, I do not blame her. Timing is everything, I suppose.

Anyway, I've been single for 34 years, with the occasional relationship here and there, nothing too long-lasting or serious. I cannot claim to be unhappy or lonely, though. I lead a pretty good life, and I enjoy it greatly, so I'm lucky in that regard.

Would/could it be better if I was in a strong relationship? Yup, it sure could. But, if it never comes to pass for me, getting married and such, you'll not hear a complaint from me, there's too much out there in the way of my interests, my friends, my travels, etc, to lament something that is mostly out of my control anyway.

So, I do like and miss certain aspects of being in a relationship, but that's sporadic, those feelings, and those moments are dwarfed, in quantity, but the # of times I shake my head and smile at how well my life has turned out.

I am 23 and I've been single for 23 years. :|

I don't know what the problem is. I am constantly told by guys (and girls) that I'm attractive, smart, funny, cool, ad infinitium. But I don't get asked out. I've had a handful of dates and they never came back for a second try. No one even has attempted to use me!!

Some of my friends think I'm too intimidating and guys think I'll just say no. Others tell me that because I didn't go to high school, I missed out on the "prime dating years." Certainly, this seems to be true--everyone I run into hooked up in high school and are joined at the hip. I'm also told it's the school I go to--we don't live on campus, we all work--but other people manage it here. 4 years of college and no dates is pretty bizarre. I don't go out alot, because I don't have a large social circle, but I encounter alot of people every day on campus so you'd think I'd meet someone.

A few think I'm too picky--and this might be true if I refused every guy who wasn't Gerard Butler, but I don't really have any guys to refuse! I've done the match.com thing and that was a disaster, never again. Since then, I definitely haven't been "looking" and it would seem no one has been looking for me either.

I think Nature has marked me and kicked me out of the gene pool. I try not to think about it. It just makes me incredibly depressed.

AvsGirl41 said:
I am 23 and I've been single for 23 years. :|

I don't know what the problem is. I am constantly told by guys (and girls) that I'm attractive, smart, funny, cool, ad infinitium. But I don't get asked out. I've had a handful of dates and they never came back for a second try. No one even has attempted to use me!!

Some of my friends think I'm too intimidating and guys think I'll just say no. Others tell me that because I didn't go to high school, I missed out on the "prime dating years." Certainly, this seems to be true--everyone I run into hooked up in high school and are joined at the hip. I'm also told it's the school I go to--we don't live on campus, we all work--but other people manage it here. 4 years of college and no dates is pretty bizarre. I don't go out alot, because I don't have a large social circle, but I encounter alot of people every day on campus so you'd think I'd meet someone.

A few think I'm too picky--and this might be true if I refused every guy who wasn't Gerard Butler, but I don't really have any guys to refuse! I've done the match.com thing and that was a disaster, never again. Since then, I definitely haven't been "looking" and it would seem no one has been looking for me either.

I think Nature has marked me and kicked me out of the gene pool. I try not to think about it. It just makes me incredibly depressed.

First of all, stay picky. The worst thing one can do is compromise their beliefs/wants in order to achieve a goal. It simply would not work. Also, it's hard to just walk up to some girl on campus and ask her out. I don't know of too many people that attended a commuter school/did not live on campus who still managed to have romantic relationships with classmates. I found that during my college years, when I commuted and did not live in a campus, that most of my friends met their boy/girlfriends at our respective jobs. Don't know if that is universally applicable, but, in my experience, it was common.

I wish I had good advice for you, but, you did not necessarily post looking for advice....and, I'm in no position to give any, I think. I just know that I've made the most of my life, single or not, and I really have few regrets....and my regrets are minor. I've stayed true to my beliefs, my values, my morals...and to my friends and to my family.....and the # of bad days I have regarding being single are crushed under the weight of all the good days I have.

I've seen some of your prior posts and am sure that someone as smart, nice and down to earth as yourself will eventually find someone special, who finds you equally special...and you'll find this person on your terms.

Nature has done nothing to you except give you the aforementioned attributes, you've not been kicked out of anything. Stay upbeat and enjoy the things you do have and enjoy. Easier said than done, I know, but, I've got nothing more profound to say. I'll shut up now.

I'm single in a town where most of the available men are gay. :( But that's probably just an excuse to rationalize why I'm still single. I've been told that my independence scares men so the right man for me has to be madly attracted to the very thing that a lot of men aren't. But most of the time I also enjoy being single and probably the main reason why I'm single is that I have not put my attention on finding a man. I just figure I'll meet the right person when and if I'm supposed to.

Last edited:
No spoken words said:

Nature has done nothing to you except give you the aforementioned attributes, you've not been kicked out of anything. Stay upbeat and enjoy the things you do have and enjoy. Easier said than done, I know, but, I've got nothing more profound to say. I'll shut up now.

Well, thanks. :) That was a nice post. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom