All instrumental music and singing comes from Satan? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2004, 04:30 PM   #16
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
I think it was CS Lewis who suggested that the devil controls the music industry. In a sense, I sort of believe this. U2 are just fortunate enough to survive it though.

Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars

What's so funny. I thought this was fact.

Old 12-17-2004, 06:57 PM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 08:26 AM
This is just one of the MANY examples of what was spoken of as "False Prophets" - America is full of Flase Prophets...Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, Tim LaHaye and thousands of other lesser knowns. I fear the time has come where this kind of nonsense will become mainstream and "nornal" - The U.S. is too close to becoming a full on Theocracy, which if it happens will signal the end of days...you see the so called "Christian" nation (The U.S.A.) and the "Church" (mostly the Religious Right) may actually be the army of "The Beast" of Revelation. I've always had a sick feeling in my stomach when it comes to American Christianity (at least the Fundamentalist Right Wing kind) and I think people who tend to beleive such things better take a good hard look at themselves and thier "Churches". I hate to sound so whacked out but I think it's worth worrying about.

Old 12-17-2004, 08:00 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by shart1780

Also, it says in the Bible that Satan was in charge of music in Heaven efoe he was kicked out. Pretty interesting eh?

Where does it say that?
Old 12-18-2004, 12:57 AM   #19
Refugee

Local Time: 02:26 PM
The article may bring up some decent points, but to bring C.S. Lewis into all of this is nothing short of ludicrous.

His Narnia chronicles, with partcular reference to the 'Aslan' comparison provided, were blatant metaphors for Christ and Christianity. The fact that Aslan resurrects should have been an explicit enough clue.

I'm not trying to ridicule anyone who's bought into that argument, but its something I truly believe Lewis never had the intention of selling. I also believe that if you are looking for literary evidence in his works to support such an argument, one would have to do better than that. Aslan has always represented Christ, not idolatry.

Ant.
Gas smells awful; You might as well live.

Dorothy Parker, 'Resumé'
Old 12-18-2004, 05:46 AM   #20
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony
Aslan has always represented Christ, not idolatry.

Ant.
That's for certain. My kids were watching this over Thanksgiving break and StarzKids (the digital movie channel) played the animated "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" and out of the blue my daughter said, "Aslan is a lot like Jesus mommy". At the end when he is killed and then comes back to life, she said"See mommy he is like Jesus!" She is 9.
Old 12-18-2004, 05:56 AM   #21
Acrobat

Ok now onto music...

I don't really know how I feel in regards to this. I love music, no Love music, no LOVE MUSIC! The majority of my collection ( and I think it is somewhat sizeable are bands and groups that are not in any way God centered). Have I made a compromise in what I choose to listen to? Yeh I have.

I don't let what I listen to affect my beliefs, but in the end it does affect my mood, my mindset and my emotions so I guess it is something to consider.

Music is just so very important to me. The thing I think that should be asked is do I put it before God? No, I don't.

Interesting thread though and once again it has prompted me to think about what I choose to listen to.

Take Care,

Carrie
Old 12-18-2004, 07:55 AM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:26 PM
I believe music is a gift from God, and it's like anything else we humans have, we can abuse this gift as well as use it well.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:06 AM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
*Looks at link*

Yeah...me thinks some people out there have waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much time on their hands...

My thoughts on music-music is just that-music. It can only affect people in some way, shape, or form if they let it.

Angela