All good things......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
Come to an end.......

[Q]"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like. And I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." --Bilbo Baggins on the occasion of his eleventy-first birthday[/Q]

Peace to you all........

I am slipping on the ring and going into retirement

:wink:

Dread,

I hope this has nothing to do with me challenging your position on Kerry flip/ flops?

I rarely post in here anymore.

I am pretty thick skinned and am not offended when my arguments are challenged.

Please note how I responded.

08-14-2004 07:23 PM - no offence, dread

peace

Dread, I hope you are taking a break and not leaving for good. I think you'll be sorely missed.

It's getting really hot in here and I think you bring critical thinking to the table. But I understand you are busy and the school year is upon you. I just want to let you know I've really enjoyed what you have to say in here over the last couple of years. :)

I think it's a good idea, dread.
not because I want you to go!!!

but just because this place will drive you mad if you don't retire at some point.
I'm currently taking a long break (but I am reading it sometimes)

May I suggest you retire in sunny IO?

I hope you're not quitting Dread! I hope I didn't piss you off on the Kerry flip-flop thread. This is a crazy, manic election year and I can see how it would get on your nerves at times. Believe me, it can be a veritable pain in the ass for me. Sometimes I wish it would go away. I'm no longer watching the TV news stations, when I work on my art I watch old Torvill and Dean tapes.

Last edited:
I would hate to see you go, but I understand your feeling. I haven't come here near as much as I use to, it's not the same place, but if you leave the place really won't be the same. I urge you to come back sometime.

Take care.

Go off into the wide world, but keep in touch every once in a while. Unless of course this is about enabling "invisible" mode. Best of luck in all your endevours now and in the future.

blah I don't want you to leave. I love all the articles you post. Even when I don't agree with them I still appreciate em.
:(

Perhaps Dread will be be back just before the election, like Gandalf - he will acend to a new level and become Dreadsox the White ready to bring reason and logic to the war ravaged battlefield of pre-election FYM - A man can dream though, a man can dream

Because life is transitory and unfortunately this is not heaven. :ohmy:

Although you can make your life your own private idaho! :laugh:

Like the bestselling book says, don't sweat the small stuff. :up:

Trust me, I understand political burnout. I'm the one who's been yacking about this stupid :censored: eight-month campaign season. This is absolutely ludicrous. I can't do anything about it but I'm thinking of starting a group that doesn't like this at all because, well, I have the right to complain about this! I don't think it's good for the country because it's too easy for voters to get tired of this. Unfortunately the stupid media has way too much of a vested interest in these infernally long campaigns to care to do anything about it. They're laughing all the way to the bank. Damn.:mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
verte76 said:
Trust me, I understand political burnout. I'm the one who's been yacking about this stupid :censored: eight-month campaign season. This is absolutely ludicrous. I can't do anything about it but I'm thinking of starting a group that doesn't like this at all because, well, I have the right to complain about this! I don't think it's good for the country because it's too easy for voters to get tired of this. Unfortunately the stupid media has way too much of a vested interest in these infernally long campaigns to care to do anything about it. They're laughing all the way to the bank. Damn.:mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

You know, politicians only do the perpetual campaign because it works. Sad, irritating, but true.

My advice for burnout is to flip off the TV, stop reading the newspaper, news magazines, political websites (and political threads in other sites), pick up a good book (non political!), pop a favorite cd in, light up a joint (if you are so inclined), and enjoy life a bit. Repeat for the next two and a half months. About a week before the election, check up on what's been going on (trust me, you won't have missed much of substance) and then go vote. There you go.

Fernando leaveth? I am left alone, bereft.

All the best to you and your family and hope to see you around here again, sooner rather than later. :)

Hehe, when I leave, no one notices, perhaps I should've participated more. ;)

I haven't posted here in weeks.

Goodbye dread, didn't know you that much, but it was nice to see some balance in politically themed forums.

thrillme said:
Hehe, when I leave, no one notices, perhaps I should've participated more. ;)

I haven't posted here in weeks.

thrillme, you didn't do it right...you have to post that you are leaving, then you get attention!

indra said:

You know, politicians only do the perpetual campaign because it works. Sad, irritating, but true.

My advice for burnout is to flip off the TV, stop reading the newspaper, news magazines, political websites (and political threads in other sites), pick up a good book (non political!), pop a favorite cd in, light up a joint (if you are so inclined), and enjoy life a bit. Repeat for the next two and a half months. About a week before the election, check up on what's been going on (trust me, you won't have missed much of substance) and then go vote. There you go.

You're right. The politicians have a vested interest in these damn campaignathons. And this year they turned up the volume damn early. There have been articles in the press saying you'd think it was October the way the campaigns are going. It's going to be a fight. One problem I have is that I am naturally not fond of discord. It annoys me. So I'm going to be taking several vacations from the campaign. I'm going to attend medieval faire events, where we do not ever discuss modern topics. Incidentally nearly all of my fellow re-enactors are Republican. I couldn't care less. We tend to all want to get away from politics as well as other hassles when we do our events. Sometimes politics doesn't matter. Also, I'm working on a painting that's a protest against incivility in politics. There is certainly nothing new about incivility in politics, but I don't have to like it. And I agree, you don't miss anything of substance when you don't pay attention to this :censored:. You miss alot of silliness, pettiness and stupidity. I hate to sound cynical but I believe that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom