Al-Qaida warns Muslims: Time to get out of U.S. - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-26-2006, 11:58 PM   #31
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AEON


Why? Are you typing from an undergound shelter in Wyoming or something?
Yes that must be the only place where terrorism has taken over the political spectrum(if you don't vote Republican you are going to get attacked), colored alerts are flashing on TV screens, people were putting duct tape on their windows, and all Muslims are the target of attack...

Yep must be only them underground shelters here in Wyoming
__________________

__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 09-27-2006, 12:12 AM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 12:33 AM
I don think that the general American public is paranoid. If anything, I think we are too lax about the possibilities of Terrorism.
__________________

__________________
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 09-27-2006, 02:15 AM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,876
Local Time: 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k

In the meantime, the rest of the world including China and India are going to pass you by while you shore up your defenses and neglect your education, infrastructure and social needs. Yep, Al Qaeda is going to bankrupt the US on threats alone. Hopefully, Canada won't get sucked into your vortex.

As of 2005, the United States spends more money per person on Health Care than any other country in the world except Norway. Its not the highest as a percentage of GDP, but it beats out all the other countries when you crunch the numbers. That does not mean the United States has has the best health care system in the world, but its false to say that these area's are underfunded.

China is a country where 1 out of every 10 people above the age of 15 is illiterate while in India nearly 40% of the population over 15 is illiterate.

The arguement 20 years ago, was that the United States was seriously underfunding its education, infrasturcture, and social needs and that Japan was going to pass the United States by. That never happened. The whole USA and Soviet Union both lost the Cold War and Japan won was a myth.

Today, the United States has the 10th highest standard of living in the world according to the latest Human Development Index. China at #85 would be happy enough to catch up to Peru at #79. India still lags behind the Occupied Palestinian Territories at #102, while it sits at #127.

The amount the United States spends on protecting itself from Al Quada is a fraction of what it spent protecting itself from the Soviet Union. The United States did not collapse from the Cold War, the Soviet Union did. Al Quada couldn't keep control of Afghanistan nor have they been able to bankrupt it, or any other third world country. Only in the wildest Johnny Jihad dream will the United States go bankrupt from fighting with Al Quada.


For standards of living in India and China to improve, they will continued to need the help of the United States through increased trade. Much of China's economic growth comes from US consumers who buy their exports. The economies become more interdependent every day that passes, and a negative economic situation in the United States is indeed felt in China and will be felt in India as they increase their trade with the United States and other countries.

As for Canada, its economic standing and standard of living, are much more dependent on trade with the United States, than the United States is dependent on trade with Canada.
__________________
STING2 is offline  
Old 09-27-2006, 02:48 AM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2


As of 2005, the United States spends more money per person on Health Care than any other country in the world except Norway. Its not the highest as a percentage of GDP, but it beats out all the other countries when you crunch the numbers. That does not mean the United States has has the best health care system in the world, but its false to say that these area's are underfunded.

China is a country where 1 out of every 10 people above the age of 15 is illiterate while in India nearly 40% of the population over 15 is illiterate.

The arguement 20 years ago, was that the United States was seriously underfunding its education, infrasturcture, and social needs and that Japan was going to pass the United States by. That never happened. The whole USA and Soviet Union both lost the Cold War and Japan won was a myth.

Today, the United States has the 10th highest standard of living in the world according to the latest Human Development Index. China at #85 would be happy enough to catch up to Peru at #79. India still lags behind the Occupied Palestinian Territories at #102, while it sits at #127.

The amount the United States spends on protecting itself from Al Quada is a fraction of what it spent protecting itself from the Soviet Union. The United States did not collapse from the Cold War, the Soviet Union did. Al Quada couldn't keep control of Afghanistan nor have they been able to bankrupt it, or any other third world country. Only in the wildest Johnny Jihad dream will the United States go bankrupt from fighting with Al Quada.


For standards of living in India and China to improve, they will continued to need the help of the United States through increased trade. Much of China's economic growth comes from US consumers who buy their exports. The economies become more interdependent every day that passes, and a negative economic situation in the United States is indeed felt in China and will be felt in India as they increase their trade with the United States and other countries.

As for Canada, its economic standing and standard of living, are much more dependent on trade with the United States, than the United States is dependent on trade with Canada.
Wow! An Amazing post!
__________________
AEON is offline  
Old 09-27-2006, 02:53 AM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London/Sydney
Posts: 6,608
Local Time: 06:33 AM
Of course AQ aren't going to bankrupt the US. Economically the biggest threat comes from Iran.
__________________
Earnie Shavers is offline  
Old 09-27-2006, 03:10 AM   #36
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 03:33 PM
Not exclusively to the US.
__________________
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 09-27-2006, 04:06 AM   #37
Refugee
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Tel-Aviv, Israel
Posts: 1,300
Local Time: 05:33 AM
Dear Mr. Bin Laden....

Thanks very much for the warning......now I have my own message for you: BRING IT ON YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!!

You think I'm scared of you and your bandits in bedsheets??? You think I give a shit about you and your twisted ideology? You think that you have the world by the balls and you can make us cower and hide under our beds?

Well I've got my own news for you you twisted idiot....you're a waste of a human being (and I use that term lightly) and I'm disgusted that you're still wasting oxygen while so many men, women and children are dead because of you.

Your day will come Mother***** and no one in the world will be jumping for joy higher than me when I see your bullet-ridden body lying for everyone to see.

You're a disgrace to your religion and even if you escape justice on earth you will never escape the judgement of heaven (which I hope you will be facing very soon).

So thanks again...........I'll see you in hell!
__________________
AchtungBono is offline  
Old 09-27-2006, 06:32 AM   #38
Refugee
 
jacobus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bavaria
Posts: 1,601
Local Time: 06:33 AM
Quote:
AchtungBono: Your day will come Mother***** and no one in the world will be jumping for joy higher than me when I see your bullet-ridden body lying for everyone to see.
nice statement AchtungBono i 2nd this but i go one step further: Your day will come Mother*****s (Bush & Bin Laden) and no one in the world will be jumping for joy higher than me when I see your bullet-ridden bodies lying for everyone to see. i think both Bush with his criminals & Bin Laden with his criminals are a disgrace for their religions.

they saw the wind and reap the whirlwind

dear big CIA,
in the case you read my statement, please spare my home my family, my friends and me. i am just a poor bavarian farmer in lederhosen and i can't do any harm to anyone.
thank you very much!
kind regards
jacobus
__________________
jacobus is offline  
Old 09-27-2006, 09:42 AM   #39
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2

China is a country where 1 out of every 10 people above the age of 15 is illiterate while in India nearly 40% of the population over 15 is illiterate.


but both of these countries have over one billion people. the US has about 300 million.

the Chinese economy will be the biggest in the world by 2020, and the majority of the world's engineers -- due to the excellence of math and science education in both these countries -- will come from India and China.

this doesn't have to be a threat to the US, but it's foolish to think that we will retain the current economic hegemony that we've enjoyed since WW2.

i assume "the costs of fighting Al-Qaeda" don't include the war in Iraq? potential conflicts with North Korea and Iran?

after all, our military is stretched quite thin:

[q]U.S. Army Extends Iraq Duty for 4,000

By ROBERT BURNS
The Associated Press
Monday, September 25, 2006; 2:57 PM

WASHINGTON -- The Army is stretched so thin by the war in Iraq that it is again extending the combat tours of thousands of soldiers beyond the promised 12 months _ the second such move since August.

Soldiers of the 1st Brigade, 1st Armored Division had been expecting to return to their home base in Germany in early January. Instead, they will stay in Iraq at least until late February, several officials said Monday. The soldiers are operating in western Anbar province, one of the most violent and dangerous parts of Iraq.

"The Army is coming to the end of its rope in Iraq," said Loren Thompson, a defense analyst at the Lexington Institute, a private research group. "It simply does not have enough active-duty military personnel to sustain the current level of effort."

Of the 142,000 U.S. troops now in Iraq, nearly 120,000 are Army soldiers.

The tour extension affects between 3,500 and 4,000 soldiers in the brigade, officials said. They spoke only on condition of anonymity because the Pentagon had yet to make an announcement.

[/q]
__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 09-27-2006, 01:27 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Macfistowannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,129
Local Time: 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


No, it's just that this website has a long history of reporting BS.
They have some weird stuff on there from time to time, but the source by definition is the author of the article.
__________________
Macfistowannabe is offline  
Old 09-28-2006, 12:58 AM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,876
Local Time: 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511




but both of these countries have over one billion people. the US has about 300 million.

the Chinese economy will be the biggest in the world by 2020, and the majority of the world's engineers -- due to the excellence of math and science education in both these countries -- will come from India and China.

this doesn't have to be a threat to the US, but it's foolish to think that we will retain the current economic hegemony that we've enjoyed since WW2.

i assume "the costs of fighting Al-Qaeda" don't include the war in Iraq? potential conflicts with North Korea and Iran?

after all, our military is stretched quite thin:

[q]U.S. Army Extends Iraq Duty for 4,000

By ROBERT BURNS
The Associated Press
Monday, September 25, 2006; 2:57 PM

WASHINGTON -- The Army is stretched so thin by the war in Iraq that it is again extending the combat tours of thousands of soldiers beyond the promised 12 months _ the second such move since August.

Soldiers of the 1st Brigade, 1st Armored Division had been expecting to return to their home base in Germany in early January. Instead, they will stay in Iraq at least until late February, several officials said Monday. The soldiers are operating in western Anbar province, one of the most violent and dangerous parts of Iraq.

"The Army is coming to the end of its rope in Iraq," said Loren Thompson, a defense analyst at the Lexington Institute, a private research group. "It simply does not have enough active-duty military personnel to sustain the current level of effort."

Of the 142,000 U.S. troops now in Iraq, nearly 120,000 are Army soldiers.

The tour extension affects between 3,500 and 4,000 soldiers in the brigade, officials said. They spoke only on condition of anonymity because the Pentagon had yet to make an announcement.

[/q]
China and India's population relative to the rest of the worlds population is not much different than it was 50 years ago, 100 years ago, and based on census records discovered in China from the 1st century and estimates about the world population back then, not much different 2,000 years ago. China and India have had the edge in population probably as far back as 5,000 years ago.

The Chinese economy will be the biggest in the world in 2020 because the Chinese are moving towards Capitalism and a Free Market economy. They are trying to join the economic order that the United States set up after World War II that has led to the highest standard of living in the history of the planet. China is not changing the world, the world is slowly changing China. One only has to look at say the China of 1975 and compare it to the China of 2006 to see this.

The "economic hegemony" the US had right after World War II was do in large part to the destruction of most of Europe and other area's of the world. The United States actively helped to rebuild the economies of Europe, Japan and other area's of the world and helped create the economic order we have today. US "Economic Hegemony" that it had after World War II was gone within 20 years and replaced by an Economic order built on several dozen countries economies that were growing closer and ever more interdependent.




Even if you included the War in Iraq, the War in Afghanistan, everything that is spent on the military every year, as well as reconstruction cost and economic aid, the United States is still spending a smaller portion of its GDP on these things, than the percentage of GDP it was spending during the 1980s on defense.



The United States military currently only has 27 of its 89 ground combat Brigades deployed around the world. The other 62 are stationed at long term bases in Germany, Japan, and the United States.

Delaying a single brigade from coming home for two months or rushing a brigade to a certain theater of operations faster than anticipated is nothing new and has been going on for over three years now. The 3rd Infantry Division that first went into Iraq in March 2003 and had been in Kuwait as early as August of 2002, had its come home date postponed by 3 to 4 months.

The only thing that is stressing the people in the force more than 2 or 3 years ago in terms of the number of deployments, is the decision by the administration not to continue to rotate National Guard Combat Brigades in and out of Iraq at the same level that Active Army and Marine Combat brigades were going in and out.

Nearly 40% of the Ground Combat Brigades the United States has are in the National Guard. 34 Brigades to be exact. In the coming deployment cycle only 1 Brigade out of the 17 that will be going to Iraq will be a National Guard Brigade. The plan seems to be that no more than 1 National Guard Brigade out of 34 total will be deployed outside of the United States per year.

This leaves the Active Army and Marine Corp combat Brigades alone to bear the brunt of nearly all of the deployment duties every year. The ratio of Active Army and Marine Corp Brigades deployed to those resting from a deployment at home will be about 1 to 1. Early on in 2004 and early 2005, the ratio was 1 to 2 because the National Guard Brigades were heavily involved.

The reality is the force is only "thinly spread" if your only looking at the Active component. With National Guard only deploying 1 combat Brigade a year overseas out of a total of 34 now, there is a lot in reserve that could be deployed if the administration wanted to. Although they would never want to do this, active Brigades resting from their deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan could also be sent back immediately or elsewhere if the they felt the situation required it.

After nearly 4 years in Iraq, there is a lot of Army equipment that needs extensive repairs and new equipment needs to be purchased to replace completely worn out equipment. The Army budget will need to be increased by 20% this year at a minimum to insure that all Combat Brigades continue to have the equipment they need to train with while at home and fight with while they are in Iraq.
__________________
STING2 is offline  
Old 09-28-2006, 01:15 AM   #42
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 24,921
Local Time: 11:33 PM
does al queda have a mailing address? i wonder what would happen if we all just kindly asked them not to attack us.
__________________
mikal is online now  
Old 09-28-2006, 01:40 AM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London/Sydney
Posts: 6,608
Local Time: 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mikal
does al queda have a mailing address? i wonder what would happen if we all just kindly asked them not to attack us.
No, the trick is to get added as a friend on Osama's myspace page.
__________________
Earnie Shavers is offline  
Old 09-28-2006, 01:56 PM   #44
Refugee
 
AussieU2fanman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 1,638
Local Time: 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBono
Dear Mr. Bin Laden....

Thanks very much for the warning......now I have my own message for you: BRING IT ON YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!!

You think I'm scared of you and your bandits in bedsheets??? You think I give a shit about you and your twisted ideology? You think that you have the world by the balls and you can make us cower and hide under our beds?

Well I've got my own news for you you twisted idiot....you're a waste of a human being (and I use that term lightly) and I'm disgusted that you're still wasting oxygen while so many men, women and children are dead because of you.

Your day will come Mother***** and no one in the world will be jumping for joy higher than me when I see your bullet-ridden body lying for everyone to see.

You're a disgrace to your religion and even if you escape justice on earth you will never escape the judgement of heaven (which I hope you will be facing very soon).

So thanks again...........I'll see you in hell!
I don't think Bin laden's that much of a hardcore U2 fan anymore to be bothered read these boards, I think he lost interest after Zooropa.
__________________
AussieU2fanman is offline  
Old 09-29-2006, 05:30 AM   #45
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!
 
Carek1230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: wishing I was somewhere else....
Posts: 114,587
Local Time: 09:33 PM
__________________

__________________
Carek1230 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com