Al-Jazeera branded a terror channel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would be inclined to agree in part, the decisions to air particular pieces and self-censorship can often represent a particular agenda; by not airing the beheaddings of Fabrizio Quattrocchi or Margaret Hassan are examples of this.

A_Wanderer said:
I would be inclined to agree in part, the decisions to air particular pieces and self-censorship can often represent a particular agenda; by not airing the beheaddings of Fabrizio Quattrocchi or Margaret Hassan are examples of this.

Interesting couple of stories about Margaret Hassan, which I'll put on another post so as to keep this one on Al-Jazeera only.

Hmm....if Al-Jazeera were a U.S. station, would you all be so quick to criticize? I would highly suggest you read this article about "Control Room" -- I plan on renting the movie when it comes out on DVD. link

I agree with sharky, Control Room is an important documentary that is miles better than Fahrenheit 9/11 ever was. Al-Jazeera is widely demonized in the States.

Do you even get it (Al-Jazeera) fed to you on cable? Like, what is its availability in the US?

foray

Last edited:
thanks for the heads up sharky and foray. Hadn't heard of Control Room, will check it out. Wasn't impressed with Faranheit 9/11, thought it was so badly directed by Moore.

That brought a sharp reaction from the broadcaster, which expressed its "utter outrage" at what it said was an "unsubstantiated allegation".

unfortunatly, for my dear friends over at al-jazeera... it's not unsubstantiated.

i know the whole thing about journalists protecting their sources... but al-jazeera's sources are terrorists. they get every bin laden or zaqarwi or whoeveree video before everyone else EVERY single time... they obviously have some sort of contact within the organization... the fact that they don't reveal this contact troubles me.

Back
Top Bottom