Al Gore and global warming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edgeboy

Acrobat
So what do you guys think about Gore and his global
warming mission. Also, do you guys think global
warming is caused by people or not. I personally think
it's important to focus on the subject and atleast consider what we might do to help.

Someone recently said global warming is a bigger threat than terrorism is- can't remember who it was, not sure if it was him. I think we have no idea how great a threat it is because we are only just beginning to experience the effects.

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Former oilman President George W. Bush sounds like a changed man when it comes to urging Americans to end their addiction to oil. But will he see Al Gore's new movie about global warming?

"Doubt it," Bush said on Monday when asked by a member of the audience during remarks in Chicago. "An Inconvenient Truth," the movie by Gore, who lost to Bush in the 2000 presidential election, opens in U.S. theaters this week.

Bush has this year been emphasizing a need to wean America off imported oil and devote more resources to developing alternative fuels, but environmentalists have slammed his performance during most of his six years in the White House.

By the way has anyone seen his movie that just came
out? Id like to see it but it's not at any theatre's near
my home. Hopefully it will come out on video soon.

The debate is over....

The effects of global warming are and have been already happening.

I the lawyers scientist who are trying to say there is nothing to this (much like the tobacco companies did) everyone will be a true "tree hugger"..
Only they will be hugging the tree for survival..

kicking off oil will be more feasible for multinational energy companies in the long term (Big Oil) because national companies are coming in, seizing oil fields and leaving scraps for Big Oil. and these scraps are expensive to drill.

anyways, what was once the environments undoing, big oil companies, may yet become its champions in the future.

thats why ex-oilman bush is telling americans to kick off the habit.

Back
Top Bottom